Bounce game v Standard Liege today

Take a screenshot of rtv and stick it up, might be best to do it in the rtv thread though.
Using this thread for now:

Depending on which side of the Tav fence you come down on.....

See, without Tav in the side, we have zero creativity going forward and we have nobody else who can score as regularly.

Or

See, without Tav in the side, our defence instantly looks better and we keep a clean sheet against a decent side.

Hooefully that covers both sides before it gets going.

I’d like to think that most of the comments made about our squad and team are tongue in cheek.

Pre season friendlies mean nothing other than getting players match fit and gelling as a team. I know we have limited time to bring in more players but we have a nucleus of a decent looking team, especially if Cortes and Danilo are over their injuries and we get Sima.

To be berating the squad in the way that some are is strange behaviour for our fans. How does everyone know that the players we have signed won’t tear it up in Scotland?

I guess it’s that Scottish thing that unless you’re a well know player then you’re automatically going to be shite, a squad player, bench warmer, should be out on loan as they’re too young etc.

Match threads are bad enough, come the new season I bet they’ll be on a different level of fuckwittery.

If we go into another season with the old guard then we all know how it will end up. Result today means nothing obviously but looking at the squad there's players still lingering about that need moved on ASAP so we can reinvest that squads is nowhere near good enough imo

Highlights up on RTV - some good chances at either end, Butland with some big saves.

Hopefully a good run out and plenty of minutes in legs with others to be reintroduced and hopefully some new signings soon

I’d like to think that most of the comments made about our squad and team are tongue in cheek.

Pre season friendlies mean nothing other than getting players match fit and gelling as a team. I know we have limited time to bring in more players but we have a nucleus of a decent looking team, especially if Cortes and Danilo are over their injuries and we get Sima.

To be berating the squad in the way that some are is strange behaviour for our fans. How does everyone know that the players we have signed won’t tear it up in Scotland?

I guess it’s that Scottish thing that unless you’re a well know player then you’re automatically going to be shite, a squad player, bench warmer, should be out on loan as they’re too young etc.

Match threads are bad enough, come the new season I bet they’ll be on a different level of fuckwittery.
Many of our so called fans are toxic

First shot at trying to watch something on RTV this season. That's been a year now when I can't watch anything on RTV because of the "Help" bar. Games are okay but I can't watch anything - interviews etc.

Sadly I've sent many requests but am going to have to unsubscribe. For two years now my MyGers stuff has also been sent to an old address despite repeated attempts to update, so I won't be renewing this year either.

Very poor. I always get the Marketing eMails too.

I get this on my laptop too, on Microsoft edge.

I use the zoom to scroll out to -50, this lets me see the whole screen, then I expand it to full page. Its a pain to do this every time, but I don't know any other way round it.

Yeah?

If you can’t see it, that’s up to you.

I’d rather wait to see the players, our new management team have a good pedigree in finding good young players.

That’ll do for me as opposed to slaughtering them before the season has begun.
You are clearly contradicting yourself. You would rather wait, yet declare we have a "decent" side at its core. One question: has this side been improved on from the one that ended last season, on paper?

You are clearly contradicting yourself. You would rather wait, yet declare we have a "decent" side at its core. One question: has this side been improved on from the one that ended last season, on paper?
I’m not contradicting myself.

I’ve said we have a nucleus of a good side.

Butland, Souttar, Sterling, Diomande, Barron, Cortes, Danillo, Igamane.

Everyone is judging the new signings as they’re young players and not experienced players that we have mostly heard of.

Again, the management team have a pedigree of identifying good young players.

Diomande and Barron will give a much better balance and energy to our midfield.

Maybe Sterling will be deployed in his favoured position. We can’t be any worse in centre of defence with a player that AC Milan wanted to keep.

Does the team look better? It doesn’t look any worse but that remains to be seen.

However, I’m not rushing in to pillory what we have at the current moment. There’s a lot still to happen.

Depending on which side of the Tav fence you come down on.....

See, without Tav in the side, we have zero creativity going forward and we have nobody else who can score as regularly.

Or

See, without Tav in the side, our defence instantly looks better and we keep a clean sheet against a decent side.

Hooefully that covers both sides before it gets going.
That’s the issue always has been

I’m not contradicting myself.

I’ve said we have a nucleus of a good side.

Butland, Souttar, Sterling, Diomande, Barron, Cortes, Danillo, Igamane.

Everyone is judging the new signings as they’re young players and not experienced players that we have mostly heard of.

Again, the management team have a pedigree of identifying good young players.

Diomande and Barron will give a much better balance and energy to our midfield.

Maybe Sterling will be deployed in his favoured position. We can’t be any worse in centre of defence with a player that AC Milan wanted to keep.

Does the team look better? It doesn’t look any worse but that remains to be seen.

However, I’m not rushing in to pillory what we have at the current moment. There’s a lot still to happen.
They signed Silva in January?

I don’t see the point in reading anything into games like this. It’s a game strictly to get minutes into their legs. For example they have conceded two to Queen’s Park the now in a friendly, in reality they mean %^*& all.

Back