Boyd slams coin thrower but dismisses sectarian chants at him as banter

9iqydi.jpg

So why has Boyd said this on Instagram rather than in an interview? Is the interview reporting suppressing his views or is he too scared to mention them to the press and he hides behind his social media account, because this actual quote won’t be reported.

9iqydi.jpg

So why has Boyd said this on Instagram rather than in an interview? Is the interview reporting suppressing his views or is he too scared to mention them to the press and he hides behind his social media account, because this actual quote won’t be reported.

As soon as he puts it on Instagram it will be reported in press, in fact it already is.

As far as I'm led to believe, not a mention in the Daily Rhetard.

Pravda would be proud of some of the mhedia puppets in this sinister wee country.

NS.

Boyd hit by a coin and subjected to anti-Protestant sectarian hatred. Where are the MP's / MSP's, even Sturgeon herself to condemn it ? Boydie is doing us no favours here when they now think its all a bit of banter and a laugh.

Sky news led on their sport with the coin throwing, the sectarian chanting and the damage to dozens of seats.

Fantastic post by Boydy, well in!!!

About time more people in the media start to talk about what the scum are really like

Fair play to Boyd. Sadly, some on here just can’t wait to put the boot into the guy.
Boyd treats it as banter and part of football . Whilst others play the sectarian card.

...and which side is miles ahead in the propaganda war?

Boyd could have said essentially the same thing but thrown in the word 'sectarian'. That would have meant the media would have to report it as that. The Record and Sun are simply calling it 'verbal abuse'.

I just wish we could be an awful lot more streetwise in media terms.

Im pretty sure it’s up to KB and not any of you if he was offended by the chanting, I get that you want to go tit for tat and if they’re offended about everything then so should we be and there should be something done about it, however if KB wasn’t offended then that’s his choice. If someone calls me an orange bastard I’m not bothered, fat... maybe

I think Boyd has been quite right in his response to this. Laugh off the nonsense words with a subtle highlight, but condemn which is the worst part for him and that is a coin being thrown at him and seats being wrecked.

What is Boyd supposed to have done wrong here. Maybe he is not a hunk, perma offended nutcase who is able to pity the morons who chant abuse at him.

As for being hit with a coin, that is bang out and he is right to be pissed off about it. Idiots who throw things at football matches are a stain on the game.

When the Heart's fan 'attacked' him and fell over TLB started kicking the shit out of him as he lay helpless on the ground. Early TV pictures quite clearly showed this. They were then edited and the footage of TLB kicking the guy disappeared.

No one asked who did this or why but we all know.

Cheers for that mate, I thought I was the only person to notice that.There was only one assault that day and that was Lennon on Wilson(?).

Oh and remember, while Lennon was kicking the shit out of him, his backroom staff were holding him down.

"The shouts and abuse I can handle as a bit of banter even tho if others it would be sectarianism
Getting hit with a coin, though, is a step too far. "

Spot on I'd say. Doesn't sweep it under the carpet, points out the double standard but isn't pretending to be mortally offended by something that doesn't really bother him.

9iqydi.jpg

Top story on the BBC Scottish football webpage, and has been mentioned on Sky Sports News.

Sorry but it's not banter and cannot simply be laughed off as such. Banter is a two way street where both parties dish it out and can take it back without too much upset caused.

Does anyone seriously think that if Boyd turned around and responded to those chants calling them that word beginning with F that we're 'not allowed' to say then they would play it off as banter???

Nah, neither do I.

I'll just need to be a cretin then as the double standards and one way reporting can't go unchallenged.
I'm not saying the media new held to task. Their agenda is blatant and poisonous. The people slating Boyd for not playing the victim card are who I'm talking about and I'm far from a Boyd fan boy.

Class response -
"Sticks n Stones" "Names will never hurt you"
Unless you are the great offended from the East End !

I think like this, but generally keep my trap shut. But when it's used as a stick to beat us with then it must be highlighted.

I posted the OP and was critical of Boyd in it, but after reading his social media post it's obvious the newspaper involved just omitted the bit about his sectarian abuse. It's The Sun my thread title should be slagging, not Boyd.

If Kris Boyd has a username in here, he has my apologies.

To be honest - you need to be a wanker to get so upset with the "sectarian" abuse. This is why it only appears to be Catholics and Celtic players/fans who get so upset.

Nobody actually gives a shit other than them.

The overwhelming majority of players probably don't give a shit what is sung in the stands.

It is the people who don't even attend matches who decide they will be offended on behalf of those players and go on crusades claiming scotland has a sectarian issue against their faith.

You will find these people to be of a catholic background and bigots themselves but they see the opportunity such crusades present them

For once, I don't have a problem with what Kris has said.
He's condemned the coin throwing and vandalism which is fair enough.
Anyone getting upset at name calling in a football stadium seriously needs to grow up.

From the BBC article; "..and subjected to what he considers sectarian abuse on Sunday."

They can't help themselves.

They are not committing themselves then as this would mean they are agreeing that Celtic fans are sectarian.

Of course no one will highlight this.

The overwhelming majority of players probably don't give a shit what is sung in the stands.

It is the people who don't even attend matches who decide they will be offended on behalf of those players and go on crusades claiming scotland has a sectarian issue against their faith.

You will find these people to be of a catholic background and bigots themselves but they see the opportunity such crusades present them

They aren't upset. They are using the bullshit about sectarianism to attack our club, our fans and anyone with a pro British stance. Its propaganda and its very dangerous as history has taught us.

Laugh it off or ignore it at your peril. Our fans are being physically attacked more and more often.

They aren't upset. They are using the bullshit about sectarianism to attack our club, our fans and anyone with a pro British stance. Its propaganda and its very dangerous as history has taught us.

Laugh it off or ignore it at your peril. Our fans are being physically attacked more and more often.

Well after what I witnessed on Saturday night I can certainly agree with that. Still fxxking fuming.

I don't know what it will take for our fans to wise up here. Some are completely missing the point or believe we're still in the 80s.

It's got nothing to do with being 'offended' about songs and chants in a stadium. It's about a raft of legislation that was aimed specifically at the Rangers support. This has been the case since 2003.

The Record and BBC Scotland have deliberately played down the sectarian angle.

When our supporters are being jailed for using the word '19th Century Terrorist' why should we accept double standards?

Back