Boydie speaks for us all

Barry Ferguson reckons Celtc won't drop any more points in the league title race as he tipped them to bounce back from a poor first half of the season......? So he wasn't correct
I stand corrected

To be fair I avoid reading anything either Ferguson brother writes and based my assumption on the headline:

Barry Ferguson predicts Celtic will go unbeaten for the rest of the season as Rangers legend pinpoints attractive 'new formula'

Last edited:
Big Kris is what we have been missing in mainstream media for years, someone to fight our corner, not take any crap from the Tim’s and give it back to them tenfold. He’s our biggest cheerleader right now, I absolutely love the guy for the trolling it’s fantastic

Barry Ferguson reckons Celtc won't drop any more points in the league title race as he tipped them to bounce back from a poor first half of the season......? So he wasn't correct
But he didn't actually say that.

The headline was a gross misrepresentation of what he actually did say, which was that if he was currently in the Rangers dressing room, he would be telling all the players to play from now on as if Celtic would win all their games.

Exactly the right professional approach you'd expect from a Rangers captain.

The headline was a gross misrepresentation of what he actually did say, which was that if he was currently in the Rangers dressing room, he would be telling all the players to play from now on as if Celtic would win all their games.

Exactly the right professional approach you'd expect from a Rangers captain.I
you quite sure about that , remember Barry's got previous

you quite sure about that , remember Barry's got previous

I'm not Barry's biggest fan by a long shot but I think his quote was twisted, he said something along the lines of

"I would be telling myself and the boys in the dressing room that Celtic will win their remaining games without any slip ups"

Paraphrasing of course but it certainly wasn't the way it was presented in the Daily Rebel.

I'm not Barry's biggest fan by a long shot but I think his quote was twisted, he said something along the lines of

"I would be telling myself and the boys in the dressing room that Celtic will win their remaining games without any slip ups"

Paraphrasing of course but it certainly wasn't the way it was presented in the Daily Rebel.
It was.

I jumped in with both feet, thought I'd made an arse of myself but it was later confirmed that Barry did in fact state the filth wouldn't drop another point this season.

It was.

I jumped in with both feet, thought I'd made an arse of myself but it was later confirmed that Barry did in fact state the filth wouldn't drop another point this season.

As I said not his biggest fan, the interview I heard he 100% said "I would be telling myself / the guys in the dressing room....."

If he then went on and said otherwise then fair enough.

Loved Barry as a starstruck youngster coming through but that kind of fell away when he became billy big baws.

He 100% never said that. I listened to him on Go Radio where the quote in the paper came from. All he was saying was in the Rangers dressing room they should be expecting Celtic to win every game to keep them switched on. Fair comment

see post 33.....

Exactly the right professional approach you'd expect from a Rangers captain.
Good point mate. Ferguson takes it stinking on here. As you said, his words get twisted. Not even accurate.

A master of psychology is Barry. His next trick is the double reverse psychology. He may actually be capable of the triple reverse but that gets pretty damn complicated.

Maybe he just likes working for the Rhebel.
I hate that sitting on the fence tryin to please everyone pish! mccoist annoys me at times aswel with some of his comments to the point I cringe at some of the stuff he comes away with in commentary! none of the ex crash barriers are ever like that! I doubt most of these ex players would be able to get any other work if the media stuff dried up so can understand it but a still dont like it and not something I'd ever do! id earn money another way rather than just talk shite to please an employer that prob hates me anyways :)

Didn’t say that , what he said was if he was the manager would tell the players that they could go through the league unbeaten. So the would have to keep up there standards.
I thought the same till I read it. The paper as usual putting there bit in.

Like the "winning the league at the piggery" season and the "helicopter Sunday" season, in years to come this will be remembered as the "Boydie's cheesy" season. His performances have been stellar.

Didn’t say that , what he said was if he was the manager would tell the players that they could go through the league unbeaten. So the would have to keep up there standards.
I thought the same till I read it. The paper as usual putting there bit in.
Apparently he was asked regarding said article , and confirmed he did say it . It's no surprise and haven't seen any retraction from the newspaper or further explanation / condemnation from Barry himself As I said previously Barry does have previous when it comes to us

Back