bradley kerr arbroath

Why rightly? The boy took it well. Knew it was banter and got applauded off the park at the end. You some sort of wanna be snow flake :rolleyes:

Not sure that shouting a player is gay is a good look for us as a club.

Club in England got fined last month for homophobic chanting at a Brighton game

another thread prompted this memory
we were playing arbroath midweek mid 80s
they brought on a sub called bradley kerr who had a flamboyant hairdo
bradley was an unusual name at the time and the poor guy was bombarded with wolf whistles etc
any other older bears remember this?
Definitely remember it

You actually forget the level of prejudice that existed within my life time.

It's actually a good thing that this sort of thing isn't present which allows a more inclusive support within the game.

2005 that was. During the dark days of McLeish.

I remember it well. "Are you Mr Gay UK?" and the old band bursting out the 'YMCA' on the trumpets.
That was against Partick Thistle, had my season ticket in BF4 back then.

My memory of that game is that it was pretty routine and was only enlivened by the introduction of Bradley Kerr.

One other thing regarding this match is that Arbroath attracted more fans to Ibrox, than attended the game the following month against Bayern Munich (though the so called Custodian infamously over priced it).

Might be my memory playing tricks but i thought I remembered chants more along the lines of 'Fergies gonna get you'.

As for the wolfwhistling, the most I remember that happening was to Paul Walsh during the infamous 'friendly' match against Spurs.

bradley was an unusual name at the time and the poor guy was bombarded with wolf whistles etc
Aye, he came on as a sub and got slaughtered by the EE, I think his hair was in a ponytail :cool:

Good natured but brutal just the same. Non stop from start to finish and haven't witnessed anything since that even came close. Poor guy.

There was a game in the mid 80s at Dens where we won comfortably and Tosh McKinlay got slagged to %^*& the whole game. They had beaten us in our previous match there and he had been a bit over-exhuberant in his celebrations, so it was a bit of payback. Chants of "give the ball to Tosh" and "Tosh is in the huff" :D

I remember it well but it was tame compared to what Chic Charnley and his mate Michael Jackson got :D

Away back in your box. Fans "rangers fans" get the jail for singing songs these days that were sung loud and proud the same time wee Bradley was enjoying the banter.

The enclosure gave him b

His haircut was known as a bob,in ladies hairdresser parlance. I was in the west enclosure, and remember this well.

No, it was Florence who got the whistles during a substitution.

I'm 48. Are you.

I don't think it's OK to tell players they look gay
I'm 48 and been going.to games since I was 12. Obviously you have never been to a game in your 48 years with your comments on this thread about Bradley. Biggest hunk of the year goes to FLORABEAR.. Crazy I thought it was Fionabear that would have maybe have made a bit more sense of your hunk attitude

I'm 48 and been going.to games since I was 12. Obviously you have never been to a game in your 48 years with your comments on this thread about Bradley. Biggest hunk of the year goes to FLORABEAR.. Crazy I thought it was Fionabear that would have maybe have made a bit more sense of your hunk attitude
You think I'm a hunk. OK. I'm flattered

Brilliant night. First game I ever took my younger brother to. We were in the East Enclosure and the stuff wee Bradley got was brilliant. My brother asked in the way home if it was always like that.

It wasn’t but we had some brilliant days / nights in the old EE. I remember a second half v St. Mirren full of Frank Bruno chants (he was fighting Tyson that night), Paul Walsh and Gazza getting it tight, Chic Charley being ordered off on successive appearances,…

So much spontaneous stuff from a standing crowd with a few beers in them.

Brilliant night. First game I ever took my younger brother to. We were in the East Enclosure and the stuff wee Bradley got was brilliant. My brother asked in the way home if it was always like that.

It wasn’t but we had some brilliant days / nights in the old EE. I remember a second half v St. Mirren full of Frank Bruno chants (he was fighting Tyson that night), Paul Walsh and Gazza getting it tight, Chic Charley being ordered off on successive appearances,…

So much spontaneous stuff from a standing crowd with a few beers in them.

Would have loved to have stood on The Enclosure. The entertainment I got listening/watching was outstanding, but to be in amongst it would easily have been my best time at Ibrox to this day.

A wee change from the contestant negativity recently from the OP and folk are arguing about a song from the 80s that the player at the time never bothered his arse with.

Superb :))

I don't recall Bradley, but I do remember John Fletcher in 1974.

My Dad and I had been overcharged in the Centenary Stand a couple of weeks before. It must have annoyed me or my Dad but I wrote in to Rangers.

Willie Waddell replied and we got two main stand tickets for the Arbroath match. First time in 100 years the Red Lichties had won at Ibrox.

John Fletcher had white blonde hair - that's how I remembered him.

So what about the rather heavier football fans who get it? In fact I've always had time for players or other fans who can give it back.

So what about the rather heavier football fans who get it? In fact I've always had time for players or other fans who can give it back.
I'm not getting into arguements about this with the person you quoted.. but anyone who was at the game, and I was in the east enclosure that night. Bradley took a fair bit of abuse. But it was banter, (something we cannot have these days). , he took it well and was applauded at the end of a 5/6 nil hammering. From memory he also got good coverage in the papers in the days after due to the good natured banter.

Back