Braga away

Nathan_1

Official Ticketer
Wondering where to stay, Porto or braga? Wheres the crowd going to be what's everyone else doing?

Talking of Braga, it feels like a while since a Travel Club information plea was issued!

Anyone got any idea when we'll hear the Travel Club's plans?

(Serious question, sarcastic responses not required!)

Last edited:
Got digs reserved in Braga, haven't paid for it yet so if change my mind about where to stay I can cancel with no fee.

6 of us from john niven loyal edinburgh staying in the vila gale collection hotel in braga , we have all stayed in porto twice before , tuesday to friday.

Not booked yet but if I go I’ll be staying in Braga where the game is , no point staying 60 miles away , like the game being at Ibrox and staying in Edinburgh. I’m sure braga will have plenty to do and see.

Staying in Braga, like others don’t see the point in staying 60 miles away having to travel before and after the game. I’m sure Braga will have plenty of bars and restaurants.

Not booked yet but if I go I’ll be staying in Braga where the game is , no point staying 60 miles away , like the game being at Ibrox and staying in Edinburgh. I’m sure braga will have plenty to do and see.
My thoughts as well. Braga is a City with a population similar to Aberdeen, it's not some tiny village with nothing to do or see.

We’re staying in Braga and going by previous and wolves fans the place to be is Praca De Republica - it has multiple bars / restaurants etc

We are 2km from there and 4.5km from the stadium - think we will head to Porto as well for a day as it’s only a few euros on the train and we are there Monday to Friday.

We're staying in Porto Tuesday to Friday. Same airbnb as in November. Porto is a great city but admittedly I know nothing about the city of Braga.

As others have said, doing Porto again in the same season not very appealing. Staying in a belter of an Air BnB in Braga. Tues-Fri. Advice from the Braga fan on Reddit mentioned Cafe Astoria for meeting, Parca de Republica area.

Anyone done a rough headcount as to whom are going where?

Would have been an interesting poll.

Anybody still to book flights, if so any tips on who to do it through. I know I've left it late but still fancy going.

Anybody still to book flights, if so any tips on who to do it through. I know I've left it late but still fancy going.

prestwick to faro -Sunday £27
Faro to Porto monday £26
Porto to faro Thursday £13
Faro to Glasgow Sunday £56

4 * hotel in albuferia for 4 nights £130
Hotel in braga for 3 nights £90

Sorted ;)

Booked mine the day after the draw, but for what its worth, doing the following -

Monday - Glasgow - Gatwick - Porto (all BA)
Thursday - (train from Braga to) Lisbon - Gatwick - Glasgow (TAP and Easyjet).

£200 excluding train. If you can travel back the Friday/Saturday, you'll save a decent amount money ( increased accommodation costs of course). There is no cheap and easy way to travel back on the Thursday - I'm doing it out of necessity.

Booked mine the day after the draw, but for what its worth, doing the following -

Monday - Glasgow - Gatwick - Porto (all BA)
Thursday - (train from Braga to) Lisbon - Gatwick - Glasgow (TAP and Easyjet).

£200 excluding train. If you can travel back the Friday/Saturday, you'll save a decent amount money ( increased accommodation costs of course). There is no cheap and easy way to travel back on the Thursday - I'm doing it out of necessity.
Cheers bud, looking at trying to fly home from Porto on the Friday

I fly out monday from Edinburgh Porto via Brussels and back the same route Thursday. Staying in the intercontinental Porto and will travel up to Braga on the train weds.

Anyone done a rough headcount as to whom are going where?

Would have been an interesting poll.
Gers away have a poll on fb currently sitting at 45% braga 55% porto (700 odd votes). They are running bus(es) from porto so figures may be slightly skewed in Porto's favour. I'm doing Braga this time as don't wanna do Porto twice in a season. Braga has plenty to offer

Will folk be in Porto during the day before match or up in Braga? Day trippers get dropped in Braga but don’t know if we’ll have time to get to Rib square (sadly)

Will folk be in Porto during the day before match or up in Braga? Day trippers get dropped in Braga but don’t know if we’ll have time to get to Rib square (sadly)

Braga for me, done Porto.

Don’t know how likely it’s looking for me though as I’m on 2 points but have done the day trip option this time so fingers crossed it’s enough

Back