Braga bang in form

S

scott-nisbet

See Braga beat Porto away from home yesterday, that's now four wins on the spin for them. I'm thinking it's going to be some tussle when they come to Ibrox and any result without conceding will do me as I think we'll score over there.

This will be a hard tie, this team are no mugs and anyone who thinks differently will probably have to think again.
We will need to be at our very best.
I think this will be a harder home / away challenge than Porto to be honest. We will do very well to get past them.

It will be tough, 4 points out of 6 against a Wolves team with a Portuguese coach who must know them inside out, other impressive European results and doing well in their league now. We will do very well to get past them. In fact they should be favourites.

Of course the are no mugs if you can make it through the group stages then you must have something about you as a team there is no mugs left in the competition

If we go out i won't mind, boys have done well to get this far.

Silver lining of going out is being able to play our game in hand the mid week before them at home on the Sunday.

Opportunity to get a 6 point gain in a few days.

Wouldn’t be bothered if we get put out tbh all about the league for me.

I admire your honesty. But we are in it to win it. ( did i just say that )
The league is the one for me too, and i would prefer to be focussed on that, but it can only help us financially too.

It's Rangers. We have a squad and manager to take us forward.

Im happy where we are at the moment. 55 en route.

Wouldn’t be bothered if we get put out tbh all about the league for me.
The league is the only priority for me, and at this stage I'm more interested in St Mirren game than Braga game. We've already improved on last season in Europe, I'll not be greeting if we go out, and can focus exclusively on a domestic double.
Although I doubt I'll be saying that as soon as the Braga game kicks off . . .

The league is the only priority for me, and at this stage I'm more interested in St Mirren game than Braga game. We've already improved on last season in Europe, I'll not be greeting if we go out, and can focus exclusively on a domestic double.
Although I doubt I'll be saying that as soon as the Braga game kicks off . . .

Pretty much exactly how I feel beating hearts next Sunday is much more important than braga at home.

See Braga beat Porto away from home yesterday, that's now four wins on the spin for them. I'm thinking it's going to be some tussle when they come to Ibrox and any result without conceding will do me as I think we'll score over there.
They will be more wary of us as we are them.

Just watched the highlights. Porto hit the woodwork, missed two penalties and Bragas first should have been offside. Let’s not build them up too much.

There a very good side,will be our biggest test this season so far.We will have to be at our best to progress

We underestimate ourselves sometimes. We didnt get out the Europa group or beat the poets on 29th by fluke. We played well (except those Young Boys games).

Braga are on form.

So are we.

Surely a neutral must be saying "Braga should be shitting themselves more drawn against Rangers than Rangers are drawn against Braga"

That was the Walter way. Our record against Portuguese teams down through the decades is more than decent. It should be a great tie for both clubs.

It was always going to be tough match at this stage. Not conceding at Ibrox will give us a great chance though

Decent run, but didnt they bullet their manager in December? Could just be the bounce effect.

Still outside the euro places in the league though, hopefully getting into them is their focus and not any outside possibility of winning the EL

This is likely to be a tough game, but the way we’ve played up till now, we should be confident. I don’t think they will fancy playing us either, so first leg may be very cagey!

50/50 game for me, any result at Ibrox that keeps us in the tie with a shot at going through will do me.

Mmmm - noticed that during our game that they were beating Porto. But then - so did we. And drew with them in portugal. So bring it on I say!!

Still think we can take them over two legs.We have been good at scoring away in Europe the last two seasons.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep at crashing out at this stage we have gave a good account of ourselves. This is the year we have to win the league IMHO

Back