Braga manager/players reaction

HenningBerg

Does anyone have any info on what the Braga manager or players made of last nights game ?

I’ve seen a thread with some twitter stuff from their fans but there seems a blackout in terms of their actual club reaction .

Their captain praised us saying they thought they were cruising then we scored and they couldn't handle us.

They will prepare for next game and they know what we are capable of.

where does he say this mate ? Anything about the atmosphere ?

Fransergio, who opened the scoring at Ibrox with an outrageous 30-yard screamer, admitted that Braga were ill-prepared to deal with an aggressive, ravenous Rangers side in the final half hour.
“We didn't expect it. They were aggressive and in the middle of the rush, they managed to make the challenges that we didn't,” Fransergio said.

“We could have done the third goal, but we couldn't get it. Now, we have to thank our fans and give them victory at home.”

Hope they had kind words for us after the game.
Newspaper A Bola is the one who were most impressed with his performance. Their match report’s headline is only about him, saying ‘Hagi’s son doesn’t stay behind the father in black magic’.

When awarding him as the man of the match, they explain that he’s the son of former Real Madrid, Barcelona and Galatasaray player Gheorghe Hagi, and write that ‘the son of a fish knows how to swim’.
Writing more about the Man of the Match award, they say: “Hagi, 21 years old of genetics and talent. What a remarkable left foot this Romanian has.”

And there’s a little more in the match report: “Yes, Gheorghe Hagi’s son has his father’s DNA, the genes of a world-class star, two feet that promise to revolutionize the market. He did the 2-1 and sealed free-kick for the 3-2. Hagi’s son has his father’s black magic. Relentless wizard.”

So Hagi should be aware that once Rangers land in Braga next week, all eyes on be on him.

I spoke with a club director and his wife in Mar Hall after the game. He thought it was a fantastic atmosphere. One of the best he personally had experienced. He kept mentioning Wolves and I asked about it. He said that it was better than down there and he said it was pretty good over in Braga. I told him that he's not seen anything.

Last edited:
I wonder if the auld dear in their support survived it all. Think that Hagi winner might have been too much for her

Tell you what I was well impressed with them for the first hour. Relentless in pressing us and unlike us they knocked the around quickly and precisely. They must have left the park at the WSJ utter stunned at what we managed to do in that last half hour.

Newspaper A Bola is the one who were most impressed with his performance. Their match report’s headline is only about him, saying ‘Hagi’s son doesn’t stay behind the father in black magic’.

When awarding him as the man of the match, they explain that he’s the son of former Real Madrid, Barcelona and Galatasaray player Gheorghe Hagi, and write that ‘the son of a fish knows how to swim’.
Writing more about the Man of the Match award, they say: “Hagi, 21 years old of genetics and talent. What a remarkable left foot this Romanian has.”

And there’s a little more in the match report: “Yes, Gheorghe Hagi’s son has his father’s DNA, the genes of a world-class star, two feet that promise to revolutionize the market. He did the 2-1 and sealed free-kick for the 3-2. Hagi’s son has his father’s black magic. Relentless wizard.”

So Hagi should be aware that once Rangers land in Braga next week, all eyes on be on him.

The Relentless Wizard. I like that :))

Unleash the relentless wizard!

I spoke with a club director and his wife in Mar Hall after the game. He thought it was a fantastic atmosphere. One of the best he personally had experienced. He kept mentioning Wolves and I asked about it. He said that it was better than down there and he said it was pretty good over in Braga. I told him that he's not seeing anything.
The greatest sight, that he had ever seeing (God save the Queeing)

I had a quick look on their forum and they were talking about how many Rangers fans are coming over and saying due to their lack of fans it’ll be another away game for them.

Our away support can push the team on to a result if the team don’t have a mare.
How many bears are travelling?

I had a quick look on their forum and they were talking about how many Rangers fans are coming over and saying due to their lack of fans it’ll be another away game for them.

Our away support can push the team on to a result if the team don’t have a mare.
How many we expecting to travel?

Said before and I’ll say again, next week should just be defend defend defend. Everyone behind the ball.

Official allocation of around 2k, first batch of €60 “home end” tickets sold out........ how many there were I don’t know, but it sounds like it’ll be a big away support
What sections were they home end tickets sold for? Might be able to work it out.

What sections were they home end tickets sold for? Might be able to work it out.
All Rangers fans will be seated in the same area, similar to Wolves I’d think and be a top tier, stadium capacity of just over 30K, 2 levels on 2 stands, holding 7.5k each if they’re all the same size, surely there’s not 7.5k going over ? Never know though, all estimates are exactly that........ soon see come Wednesday :))

Said before and I’ll say again, next week should just be defend defend defend. Everyone behind the ball.

Their best part is midfield to front, their weakest at the bacl. Why give them the opportunity to do the most damage?

It'll likely be similar to the first leg, hopefully with better possession from ourselves.

Back