Braga official day trip thread

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
Traveling on this myself so thought I’d start a thread so any like minded bears can arrange where we’re going off the flight etc.

buzzing oot ma wee tree.

Booked on and looking forward to it. Did it last year for Vienna trip and really enjoyed.

I am travelling alone myself but meeting mates out there who are staying for a few days

Also booked on myself so if theres a meet up I'm game.

First day trip so got a few questions..

I'm assuming the bus's pick us up from airport, take us to get our tickets then drop us off around the stadium or the city?

How much of the day should we expect to spend in the city/pubs etc if any?

I'm assuming a ruck sack or that isnt advised, just travel light?

Anyone got a rough idea on what time we'll land going by previous trips?

Also booked on myself so if theres a meet up I'm game.

First day trip so got a few questions..

I'm assuming the bus's pick us up from airport, take us to get our tickets then drop us off around the stadium or the city?

How much of the day should we expect to spend in the city/pubs etc if any?

I'm assuming a ruck sack or that isnt advised, just travel light?

Anyone got a rough idea on what time we'll land going by previous trips?

if it’s anything like last year you get the match ticket when you check in at the airport.
Once you arrive in Porto a bus will be waiting to take you into braga city centre . I’d imagine we will be in braga town centre by mid morning.

in terms of bag etc I took a rucksack last time and just left it on the bus during the game. You are designated a bus at the start of theday and you stick to that.

i would imagine we will be flying around 10.30 back in Glasgow around 1am

Also travelling solo but sure I will bump into some old faces from previous trips, staying in Normandy hotel night before

if it’s anything like last year you get the match ticket when you check in at the airport.
Once you arrive in Porto a bus will be waiting to take you into braga city centre . I’d imagine we will be in braga town centre by mid morning.

in terms of bag etc I took a rucksack last time and just left it on the bus during the game. You are designated a bus at the start of theday and you stick to that.

Cheers.

Me and son going, can't wait, only done Warsaw day trip.

I took a jdsports poly bag and ditched it for Warsaw, but have bought a nylon gym bag for these trips.

What was the lowest points people got on with this one,i got on with 5 but dont know if my boy did till the payment window opens again,he is on 2 points

What was the lowest points people got on with this one,i got on with 5 but dont know if my boy did till the payment window opens again,he is on 2 points

My son got on with 2 points, hope your boy is successful.

On another note, it is ridiculous that the hours of payment are effectively office hours!! Especially with having to make payment by Wednesday. Why not have it available 24 hours, or at least till 20.00?

Doesn't affect me, as I can make payment within these times, but for others it may be a problem.

I'm there, this will be my 6th official trip.

Done vienna
Valencia
Man u
Psv
Bursaspor (overnighter)

Every time I've been on its ran like clockwork.

Great for folk like me who struggle to get 3 days off for it.

Always enjoyed it.

Last edited:
My son got on with 2 points, hope your boy is successful.

On another note, it is ridiculous that the hours of payment are effectively office hours!! Especially with having to make payment by Wednesday. Why not have it available 24 hours, or at least till 20.00?

Doesn't affect me, as I can make payment within these times, but for others it may be a problem.
Cheers bud,hopefully he’s on,it just said your application is successful but it only has the lead applicant on it and i wont know till the wife pays it tomorrow and sees the price

Cheers bud,hopefully he’s on,it just said your application is successful but it only has the lead applicant on it and i wont know till the wife pays it tomorrow and sees the price

If you booked together you'll both be on. Click on the payment link and the total to pay will tell you. I know you won't be able to pay just now via the link but at least you'll have an answer. My mate got on with us and he's on 2 points.

I’ll be travelling solo on the day trip, saving holidays while other friends head over for a few days.

Done the day trip for Bratislava in 2005, Villarreal in 2006 & Fiorentina in 2008. Looking back just realised that all 3 games finished a draw.

I’m on it with 2 points. Did the day trip to Maribor last season and it was brilliantly ran. Looking forward to this one

If you booked together you'll both be on. Click on the payment link and the total to pay will tell you. I know you won't be able to pay just now via the link but at least you'll have an answer. My mate got on with us and he's on 2 points.
Payment link just says tomorrow’s hours,nothing else

Going with my son.
Our 3rd day trip. Previous ones have run like clockwork.
Match tickets given to you when checking in at Glasgow.

Good shout for leaving on the bus - didn’t realize we’d be able to do this - means I can just stick ticket and money in pocket and leave bag on bus with everything else - did you leave passport on bus?

Good shout for leaving on the bus - didn’t realize we’d be able to do this - means I can just stick ticket and money in pocket and leave bag on bus with everything else - did you leave passport on bus?

I took my passport as trust nobody with that but my bag just had a change of t shirt etc in it so just left it

I took my passport as trust nobody with that but my bag just had a change of t shirt etc in it so just left it
Yeah I think I’ll take like a wee backpack inside my actual backpack that i can put my valuables in and leave the other stuff (clothes, deodorant etc, phone charger) on the bus

I wouldnt leave your passport on the bus mate.. not worth the risk.

Looking forward to this as usual.

Travel light bears. Passport, wallet and ticket in a zipped pocket.

Worst bit is the hangover on the plane home but can be avoided if desired by getting on it again at the airport ;)

My son & I are on the 2nd flight. Itinerary says no personal belongings can be left on coaches. Might double check this tomorrow as usually ok to leave clean t-shirt, deodorant, water etc

My son & I are on the 2nd flight. Itinerary says no personal belongings can be left on coaches. Might double check this tomorrow as usually ok to leave clean t-shirt, deodorant, water etc

we’re staying at Glasgow airport tomorrow night so hopefully bags are okay to be left on the bus!

looking forward to it.

Day trips are all in all good for those of us with a set amount of holidays from work.

Ideally I'd win the lottery and do the trips 3 nights etc but still waiting for that lol.

Done Bremen, Lisbon and Florence Day Trips in the Final season 2008 as I somehow had a feeling we were getting to the final that year so kept holidays.

Good on the aspect if your like me a back shift on the Friday and only need 1 day off ie the Thursday. I've also came off a night shift on the Thursday at 6am and did 2 Day Trips after Nights. Paid £280 for Molde and got about 20 mins into the game and crashed out as I'd been up over 27 hours lol.

Day trips are all in all good for those of us with a set amount of holidays from work.

Ideally I'd win the lottery and do the trips 3 nights etc but still waiting for that lol.

Done Bremen, Lisbon and Florence Day Trips in the Final season 2008 as I somehow had a feeling we were getting to the final that year so kept holidays.

Good on the aspect if your like me a back shift on the Friday and only need 1 day off ie the Thursday. I've also came off a night shift on the Thursday at 6am and did 2 Day Trips after Nights. Paid £280 for Molde and got about 20 mins into the game and crashed out as I'd been up over 27 hours lol.

That's what its all about mate. Love the stories of crazy routes and travelling mental hours over Europe.

Mate of mine done Belgrade on the bus in the 90's.

That's what its all about mate. Love the stories of crazy routes and travelling mental hours over Europe.

Mate of mine done Belgrade on the bus in the 90's.

Did Turin in 1995 on the bus as a 16 year old fresh faced virgin lol. Did dozens on the bus trips then when we got Valencia in 1999 in the CL Groups we did a week in Benidorm plus cheap flights started coming around the Millennium.

Went to Monaco on the bus swore blind I'd never do it again, then did Sturm Graz which was worse and swore never again on a bus and then final ever bus trip I did Maribor in 2001 ish and that about ended me. 46 hours on a bus. Never ever again mate lol. From 1999 to 2010 I never missed a Euro Trip and seriously I could write a book about the trips, how we got to places via the weirdest of routes and couldn't possibly tell what went on. Put it this way alot of relationships and marriages would be ended :p :D

Did Turin in 1995 on the bus as a 16 year old fresh faced virgin lol. Did dozens on the bus trips then when we got Valencia in 1999 in the CL Groups we did a week in Benidorm plus cheap flights started coming around the Millennium.

Went to Monaco on the bus swore blind I'd never do it again, then did Sturm Graz which was worse and swore never again on a bus and then final ever bus trip I did Maribor in 2001 ish and that about ended me. 46 hours on a bus. Never ever again mate lol. From 1999 to 2010 I never missed a Euro Trip and seriously I could write a book about the trips, how we got to places via the weirdest of routes and couldn't possibly tell what went on. Put it this way alot of relationships and marriages would be ended :p :D
Amazing mate. Hard to believe everyone is fucking raging with the team yet we are all setting off for the last 32 of the EL. For all we moan like %^*& wouldn't change it for the world.

Amazing mate. Hard to believe everyone is fucking raging with the team yet we are all setting off for the last 32 of the EL. For all we moan like %^*& wouldn't change it for the world.

I'm in Manchester Premier Inn just now. Fly Pikey Air to Porto in the morning lol.

Hate giving this O'Leary bastard my money too haha.

I'm in Manchester Premier Inn just now. Fly Pikey Air to Porto in the morning lol.

Hate giving this O'Leary bastard my money too haha.
I always laugh at the number of Bears who use them for away trips!

last time is used British Airways (staunch) as it was a decentprice but only allowed one day off this time (poet boss)

I always laugh at the number of Bears who use them for away trips!

last time is used British Airways (staunch) as it was a decentprice but only allowed one day off this time (poet boss)

Best laugh is this is the first ever time since 2001 and I started flying Euro Trips I'll have given the Pikey my money lol. £58 for my flights and about £60 to put my bag in the hold the c*nt.

Anyway I'm up in like 5 hours so better get in my wanking chariot for some zzz's.

Best laugh is this is the first ever time since 2001 and I started flying Euro Trips I'll have given the Pikey my money lol. £58 for my flights and about £60 to put my bag in the hold the c*nt.

Anyway I'm up in like 5 hours so better get in my wanking chariot for some zzz's.
If I make it up in time for the flight on Wednesday I’ll see you in Braga

Back