Votes: 32 2.9%
  • Kamberi

Votes: 12 1.1%
  • Ojo

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Aribo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What's that going to do for Katic's confidence. Big risk throwing Edmunson in. Aribo should start. Good to have Borna back. Just hope we don't sit back.

Big game for Edmundson. It's probably not a bad thing that Katic has been taken out - he had such a bad game against St. Johnstone he will be shaky. Wish Gerrard had done that with Kamara previously.

Guess we'll just need to see what Edmundson we get. He's a very capable player but like our other centre backs has had some dodgy appearances.

My preference would be to go 4-2-3-1 with

MacGreggor
Tav Goldson Edmundson Borna
Jack Davis
Hagi Arfield Aribo
Kamberi up top himself

- Kent is a man down so would defo have Aribo on in his place
- They are a great attacking team and our defence is going to need plenty of protection so wouldnt have Jack and Davis doing much other than protecting the back 4.
- Hagi, Arfield and Aribo keeping close to Kamberi and busting a gut tonight...

Just my 2 cents...

Would have been my team aswell.

We really need to get over this flat 4-3-3 formation.

That team would have saw us keep posession easier imo.

This is potential brave/idiotic choices depending on the result here.

So frustrating that due to recent results this doesn’t feel like the free hit it undoubtedly should be.

Sorry 3-1 i think

They are a cracking footballing side
They are a good footballing side but our very poor performance made them look a little better that they are. We also showed we can get them on the back foot as well. Although, I am sure they'll be a different prospect at home.

Don't get me wrong. This is going to be really difficult and I think Braga will still be big favourites to go through. I just hope the Rangers team of the last 20 mins or so at Ibrox are who turns up.

Yeah the players and coaching staff are probably in the dressing scrolling through this match thread right now and that post has just shattered their confidence!

posts like that one you highlighted gets on my tits.
As if some Kunt posting on a thread on here has any fucking affect on our players performances.
The whole support was over the fucking moon until these players started shitting their pants and getting lazy in the domestic games.

only they can win this game, not us.

Would have preferred big joe to be in starting eleven but heyho.

Anyone know if the rumours about braga missing a couple of players were true?

The game is tailor-made for an in-form Kent. Alas... but I can understand the reasoning and the hope in giving him another time. The alternatives aren't very good.

As for Katic/Edmundson. It could go either way. However, Katic looked so out of sorts that it would be a huge gamble and we don't want to be using a sub for Katic early in the game.

Not a fan of Kent starting ahead of Aribo, but can’t say I’m surprised.

Katic has been poor, but the man management leaves a lot to be desired with his desperate sounding comments about needing Helander back on Sunday.

What happens now if Edmundson has a poor game tonight, do we change again?

I think part of the problem with the centre halves has been caused by the manager chopping and changing them, but Goldson who has been as poor anyone since the break seems immune.

We need both Ryan Jack and Steven Davis at the top of their respective games tonight!

The problem is...........
Katic has a bad game - OUT!
Did the same with Edmundson after Hamilton.
What happens if Edmundson has a bad game tonight? He is alienating both of them for Saturday.

Yet, he stood by Tav going through a bad spell. He stood by Goldson. He is still picking Kent all the time.........
One thing about Kent and players like him is that regardless of their form, they are capable of one bit of magic.

We play two number tens though.

Honest...
Our "10's" are still wider than your normal 10 and will still have chances to play as a normal winger just far less than normal. You still need to be able to hit teams on the counter or for a team like Braga put their high line in danger. People wanting Aribo in for Kent are asking for a repeat of the first of game of the season where we looked like a part time team, there's a reason Gerrard hasn't gone back to it

Clearly gone for experience with the exception of edmundson.

Time for the experienced player to stand up and be counted

Big test for Edmundson. I would have went for Katic myself as he never lets us down in europe.

Not a fan of Kent starting ahead of Aribo, but can’t say I’m surprised.

Katic has been poor, but the man management leaves a lot to be desired with his desperate sounding comments about needing Helander back on Sunday.

What happens now if Edmundson has a poor game tonight, do we change again?

I think part of the problem with the centre halves has been caused by the manager chopping and changing them, but Goldson who has been as poor anyone since the break seems immune.
Most would suggest this not the case.
Our best outfield player was the quote many a time.

Most would suggest this not the case.
Our best outfield player was the quote many a time.

Don’t agree with that at all.

He was very good in December in the run up to the break. Since the break I think he’s looked as shaky as anyone else for me.

Don’t agree with that at all.

He was very good in December in the run up to the break. Since the break I think he’s looked as shaky as anyone else for me.

Gerrard’s comments were poor, no doubt, but Katic can’t complain about being dropped.

The problem is what happens to the other underperformers - one seems to be playing based on his transfer fee.

Ridiculous team selection

Aribo, one of our best players for the last few games, dropped

Guy with less than 10 first team appearances starting in one of the most difficult defensive tasks this season

Gerrard has completely lost it for the sake of saving face for the weekend

Hope I'm proved wrong

People in that thread last night giving it “ah looks like Katic is starting maybe these childish idiots crying about agendas will shut up now”

Well I expect some serious back-pedalling now. That being said, I don’t really know if it’s a bad call because Katic looks rattled, I just wish the manager had taken him off when he should have done because the complete mismanagement of leaving him on may have done him real harm.
Agree, said the same on the match thread, should have been hooked at half time, a few games on the side lines wont do him any harm, he's still young, but he has to learn quickly from his mistakes on Sunday.
I will add, there are a few more players who can thank themselves lucky not to be warming the bench / stand etc ...

Kent lucky to start but he has pace and can carry the ball upfield to relieve pressure. Kamberi is quick, k think this game will suit him very well. The midfield 3 worries me. Very slow but with decent dig. I think we will score on the break. I'll go 2-2 against the run of play and a glorious night

Gerrard’s comments were poor, no doubt, but Katic can’t complain about being dropped.

The problem is what happens to the other underperformers - one seems to be playing based on his transfer fee.
I agree, but, Kent has the potential to win games or create chances, plus if he makes a mistake the likely hood is it wont lead to a goal against us. Just goes with the territory of a defender or goalkeeper

Back