Braga's 2nd Goal

After watching it back, that was an absolutely class goal, only topped by Joe's on the night imo

Proved how fantastic a footballing team we were up against the other night, and the absolute quality we can now go toe-to-toe with
Had we scored that, we'd have been going Tonto. However, imagine we'd lost the Aribo goal in the same circumstances? Tonto-er. One man's worldy, is another man's fu.ck up.

After watching it back, that was an absolutely class goal, only topped by Joe's on the night imo

Proved how fantastic a footballing team we were up against the other night, and the absolute quality we can now go toe-to-toe with

It was a terrific finish. The switch to the near post was class and left mcgregor stranded.

I still prefer joes for the perseverance and whole team celebration in front of us. I know you did too!

All 5 goals were ones you’d be delighted to see your team score. Only our winner could be said to have an element of luck, with the deflection, but we’ll take it. :)

Very well taken like their first. That Braga side would have beat alot of good sides. They are no mugs.

The turnaround will live long in the memory. Still got alot to do though.

All 5 goals were ones you’d be delighted to see your team score. Only our winner could be said to have an element of luck, with the deflection, but we’ll take it. :)

Agree, but they were equally as lucky with the wrong throw in decision in their favour which lead to their second goal.

Maybe luck does even itself out everywhere .............. except Scotland!

the guys the best part of 35yrds out, hes near enough in the middle of his goal, not sure what more you want. As i said at the game - he won’t do it twice.
The same guy pinged one off the bar in the 2nd half with his left leg. Looks a player, like most of their team to be fair.

Both their goals were crackers.

Some of the football they was unreal at times. Best European team we've played since Lyon?

Both of their goals were belters in all fairness.

Still, it was clearly our throw in and the ref got it badly wrong for the 3rd time in the game.

I counted 5 of those in total throughout the game.
If the EL run has taught us anything, it’s that Scottish football doesn’t have a monopoly on piss poor referees.

In terms of their attacking and playing the ball around a high press, they're an excellent team. That alone will see them beat most teams of our level.

Defensively, if you can get away from their press, they're very vulnerable. They either stand off you and barely put a tackle in, or they don't react to balls over the top. I don't think there's any question they are a very good footballing side, but both teams could have scored 5 or 6 on Thursday. We're not the most clinical at times and somehow took more of our chances than they did.

I actually thought the 2nd Braga goal came from a throw in that should have been a Rangers throw in, But you can't argue about the quality of either of Braga's gaoals

Their 1st goal was a beautiful hit - power swerve into top corner. He could hit that another 10 times from there and not beat Shagger.

Our midfield and defence were so slow to react to what happened after the throw in at their second.
Great finish though.

the first was delightful mix of insouciance and venom, last seen at Ibrox in 1989 when Klaus Augenthaler leathered the ball past Woods for Bayern's third.

Both of Braga’s goals. Were top class strikes. They will be very dangerous at home, but I think we have enough to shut them out. We are capable for playing for a clean sheet, and I think there will be plenty of space left behind them if we can get the ball over the top for runners.

It was a terrific finish. The switch to the near post was class and left mcgregor stranded.

I still prefer joes for the perseverance and whole team celebration in front of us. I know you did too!
Both their goals were good. Ruiz is meant to be a top, top prospect at Barcelona - I wouldn’t mind him on loan if Morelos moves on in the summer!

They are a really good footballing team but there’s a fragility as well - bit of Arsenal about them. Also got to question their character being 2-0 up away in Europe and to not see out a result.

Watch us in Porto, second half especially and you’ll see a very similar display from us. If we can get back to that level starting tomorrow we might still have a shout.

I think they like playing against teams that attack, where they get space.
I think they would have more difficulty against teams who defend like a Killie and Sheep.
Next weeks game plan will be interesting as to how we go.

The boy that scored is on loan from Barcelona. Explains the quality of the finish, it was a really good goal, switched it back across the goal with power, leaving McGregor with no chance.

Back