Braga's first defeat under new manager

I honestly thought they were taking 5 off us. So proud of my team for showing heart and determination to get a massive win here tonight. I think we can all agree it was needed, hopefully we can all pull together and support the team for the remainder of the season. There is still silverware to be won

Last edited:
I honestly thought they were taking 5 off us tonight. So proud of my team for showing heart and determination to get a massive win here tonight. I think we can all agree it was needed, hopefully we can all pull together and support the team for the remainder of the season. There is still silverware to be won

They really were primed to give us a doing, then at 2-0 they had that through ball to make it 3, McGregor saves, and the whole game changed from there.

If we somehow go through, I'm pointing to that save as the reason

They were electric going forward, very good at drawing in two players then spreading the ball to an unmarked player pushing forward, but looked very vulnerable to simple balls over the top.

I think tonight suited them perfectly as they are a cracking fast counter attacking team. I wonder if the second leg might suit us with the shoe on the other foot.
A draw get's us through, my concern is we go there and sit and defend our one goal lead and just invite them onto us, think it will be harder next week than it was tonight, I thought we stopped playing in the last 5mins and were happy to just take the win when i would have liked to seen us try for another goal and give us breathing space for next week.

Great comeback tonight but not confident of going through next week.

I liked the way they set up, they kept us back and under a whole lot of pressure for 2/3rds of the game.

If we changed to a 3 at the back we have the players to copy that system pushing up Tav and Borna making it a 3 5 3. Having typed that it isn't a mile away from what we have at the moment could be done

They have been playing brilliant in their domestic league and at two nil down I was fearing the worst. But this club of ours have given us a lot of pain over the years but tonight they have given us an unbelievable comeback against a very good team.

Epl wolves could only muster a draw and a defeat vs them as team so farm bragga were unbeaten away from home in europe this year ... beat porto in cup final recently

I saw them beat Benfica on Saturday night & have to admit I feared tonight.

That was a win that only great clubs achieve pulling a win out of that game.

Mental crazy night,:D

They were electric going forward, very good at drawing in two players then spreading the ball to an unmarked player pushing forward, but looked very vulnerable to simple balls over the top.
The baldy centre half booted it out of play every time we played it over the top - they can be got at.

Next week will be a fascinating game, if we can score first we'll be in a terrific position

i reckon we will have to score to go through and cant see gerrard going for the draw. but, we will be limited with forwards.

Possibly partly down to him not being allowed on the touchline due to lack of uefa badges. I'm sure they mentioned that on BT.

A draw get's us through, my concern is we go there and sit and defend our one goal lead and just invite them onto us, think it will be harder next week than it was tonight, I thought we stopped playing in the last 5mins and were happy to just take the win when i would have liked to seen us try for another goal and give us breathing space for next week.

Great comeback tonight but not confident of going through next week.

I agree. Even though our lead was unlikely, we had them rattled and I wanted us to look for a commanding lead to take over there.

They lost a game after being 2-0 up. We would not be happy if that happened to us.

Well done Rangers

Will be another high scoring affair next week. Shame Jordan Jones is out the picture because he’d revel in this kind of match.

At one moment in the second half, they had Ibrox absolutely stunned into silence. Their movement and control of the ball in difficult conditions was superb. 3-0 or 3-1 at half-time would not have been an unfair scoreline.

For all their beautiful attacking playing they can be got at. Alfie was through 1 on 1 with their keeper twice so on another day we could have had even more.

They had us bent over and shafted at 2-0, I thought we would have went on to a complete throbbing.

This team showed some fight that we haven't seen since the turn of the year.

Back