Brandon Barker says "This is my club, this is my home"

Based on nothing. You have no idea what this boy can do. Neither do I but I’m going to give him a shot.
That would probably be true if we never seen this lad play, but we did in a Hibs team and let’s say he was fast but had no end product, no one’s not willing to give him a shot but barring injuries this lads well down the list of starters.

That would probably be true if we never seen this lad play, but we did in a Hibs team and let’s say he was fast but had no end product, no one’s not willing to give him a shot but barring injuries this lads well down the list of starters.

If you are basing it on performances against us then he came on and did well. Unless you were watching Hibs week in week out then that’s all you can base it on (and he looked good).

If you are basing it on performances against us then he came on and did well. Unless you were watching Hibs week in week out then that’s all you can base it on (and he looked good).
Did well? What exactly is your definition of that? Did he score? Did he create a chance to score? I don’t really need to watch Hibs every week to know he didn’t rip up the rest of the division and the same goes for you unless you watched Hibs week in week out how do you know what he was like? Usual guff played for Hibs mmh nothing special, joins us, this lads going to be good. I have no beef against this boy I just think he will be down the pecking order for the squad we have.

Not convinced at all by this signing but lets see what happens
I have a wee squirrely feeling that this guy is going to be a star. Had something similar when Aluko signed, but actually am even more positive about Barker. Fingers crossed that he tears Celtc (and others) a new one, and that in 2 years he'll have done so well* that we'll be able to sell him for a decent sum.

* done so well = has won 2 league titles, and at least 2 cup winners medals.

I'm super excited by this signing. He's got quality that we will enjoy .. . Also loving everything about the squad. #55

Well down the list of starters?
You don't know that yet. Allen and Gerrard know him a lot better than you or I do, and they saw fit to give him a 3 year contract.
I can only remember him ripping it up for Hivs against us at Easter Road, and I recall we couldn't handle his pace and direct running.
I expect you and other doubters are going to be proved wrong.

So many people who’ve seen the guy play in a total of about 4 matches yet have so much to say about his quality.

Going by how he attacked us at Hibs, and how we now play, he'll do fine. There is %^*& all chance we turn in a 0-0 stink fest like St Johnstone in February this season

Reactions: SDR
I'm a big believer that sometimes when a player loses his way it only takes that one move to propel them. To give them the confidence a belief to really go for it. He has a massive platform here with us so let's hope he uses that fo fulfi his earlier potential. Let's give him a chance and see what he's made of. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders from what I've seen, which is a massive thing with you're a Ranger.

Have only seen him play for Hibs against us, he was the one Hibs player who stood out a mile.

Blistering pace, and as others have already stated, if he can show a bit more composure in front of goal, he will be a rip roaring success.

SG and his coaching staff may just be what BB needs at this point in his career.

It's all about opinions though, anyone changed their opinion on Jordan Jones, from what they originally thought when he signed?:)

This thread reeks of the Jordan Jones thread and so far he’s been excellent. The only thing Barker has to worry about is Jones keeping him out the team.

Did well? What exactly is your definition of that? Did he score? Did he create a chance to score? I don’t really need to watch Hibs every week to know he didn’t rip up the rest of the division and the same goes for you unless you watched Hibs week in week out how do you know what he was like? Usual guff played for Hibs mmh nothing special, joins us, this lads going to be good. I have no beef against this boy I just think he will be down the pecking order for the squad we have.

You are probably correct regarding his position in the pecking order. He'll definitely be behind Jones, who also did little of note for Killie before Joining us. Our signing model under Allen and Gerrard involves a lot of players with potential as we've not got the money to splash out on established quality players. They obviously see something in Barker and I also think he could surprise a few folk as well.

Open minded on this one, the weight of the jersey and demands on playing for our great club can do some strange things to some.
Let’s hope the boy thrives on it, seen enough on the clips to suggest he could be more than a useful addition.

For anyone doubting Barker just now, let’s see how this plays out. We saw very average players be coached to a higher standard by the previous incumbent of the other mob, and I have faith in Gerrard and his staff doing the same here. One only needs to see the improvement in Ryan Jack( who wasn’t just average anyway) to see the difference this makes. We were all a bit apathetic when Kent signed, and now we want him back. Barker may just be a hidden gem, and we as a support can also play a part in him hitting the ground running by supporting him.

Jordan jones wasn’t even arguably first choice at killie last half of the season and look at him now.

I have no doubt wingers have a better opportunity playing for the old firm rather than the wee clubs as it allows them to play much higher up the pitch 90% of the time.

Let's give him a chance. His Hibs loan was 2 years ago, he'll have changed since then, plus a few months with our coaches will improve any young player.

He's quick, direct, spent over 10 years at the Man City academy, has a season of experience in the Scottish league and has cost us buttons. Also, as all our new, young signings, speaks well, confident but not cocky and seems to understand the enormity of the opportunity he's been given.

I'm sure he'll have a part to play this season, and I'm looking forward to seeing him once he's up to speed.

I think he'll be a great signing. Said previously when the usual rockets on here were calling him pish etc that he's never been settled and we are probably exactly what he needs at this point in his career. He's pretty much saying exactly that.

Hope he proves folk wrong.

Not convinced at all by this signing but lets see what happens

Always confident that a player will turn into an absolute baller when FF starts to write him off before he’s played a minute of football.

Keep it coming!

Don’t know why everyone is jumping on gerrard32’s comment, he’s within his rights to say he’s no that impressed and finishes by saying see how it goes so he’s not writing him off

“I have been looking for an actual home and now I have that. I’m grateful for that and hopefully Rangers will reap the rewards of that.

“It is hard when you come to the end of the loan and you don’t know what will happen the following season.
“It can be difficult to stay focused but now I know I’m a Rangers player. And I can say that with a smile on my face.”
[\QUOTE]

If Ryan Kent came out patter like this there would be grown men wanting it tattooed on to their leg.

A lot of people seem to have a downer on this signing from the start.

Back