Brandon Barker

Great goal and he has a huge future, if he stays fit and continues to perform then he’ll only get better. Might see him more in the next couple of weeks before Kent returns.

In one half of football I went from despair (Kent getting injured) to being rather pleased (with surprise at Barkers performance and skillset).

I hadn't actually taken any notice of Barker when he played for Hibs so haven't seen him play really at all. Never knew what type of player he was or what he had in his locker. I honestly had low expectations.

But I must admit, I am very happy (albeit only seeing him play for a half of football). I really thought he was similar to Kent in almost every way.

Good close control, always had the head up and looking to get forward, quick, showed bravery to get us up the field that was lacking in others and that finish was top quality.

Not that we have much option now, but I would be confident with Barker playing in Kent's position until he is back.

Good to see him get w debut goal but he looks extremely awkward

Don’t really have any expectations for him

Some comments on here are coated in extreme misery

No expectations for him
Squad player at best
Bizarre signing

Fcking give the guy some support, he scored on his home debut, has hardly kicked a ball all summer and is nowhere near up to speed.

Some amount of miserable feckers on here that think they know everything and are proven wrong time and time again.

Hastie had played 15 games for Motherwell. Though at his age I can see why he signed him as worse case we sell him on.

Stewart couldn't get a game for a pish Birmingham side and was rank in his time at the Sheep. Also 27 years old, he is no where near the standard we need. Modern day Alan Gow, utter rank.

Jones is average SPL player IMO. Quantity over quality. Won't play for us much either after his stupidity last week
Stewart is nearly 30

Kent and Jones out. Stage is his now, go and deliver.

I like how he gets the ball and just goes. Jones stutters in possession. Barker similar to Kent in that's it's either a quickly released pass or looks to drive.

Doesn't take that one or two extra touches and looks to strike.

You're clueless.

Been watching the lad his entire career and this is exactly what he has always been capable of. Saying it since day 1 he will be a star at Rangers.

I'd say he was only at about 50% today as well. Much more to come from the boy.

always carried a threat when he was at Hibs with his pace his end product was what let him down hopefully that part of his game matures and he has a long and successful career with us

Hastie isn’t a bizarre signing at all, he’s a young lad who could become a top player, and if he doesn’t it’s fairly low risk

After the Midjytiland and Legia games Jones was a masterstroke signing.

Sorry, quoted wrong post. Was meaning to quote the poster who called Stewart Hastie and Jones bizarre signings.

The lad was tipped for big things and won academy player of the year at Man City a few years back so he obviously had talent.

Lets not forget that he was also one of the names on the infamous leaked transfer targets list from across the other side of the city.

Thought he did well when he came on, no point in writing him off or hyping him up just yet. But he got a chance yesterday, by all accounts he gave a good account of himself and also got his goal. Sometimes the signings that arrive somewhat on the quiet thrive with lack of pressure and expectation on them.

Reminds me of Peter Huistra a little bit - quick feet, good corners, has a finish. Looks a bit lightweight for this cloggers league but hopefully gets the necessary protection.

In one half of football I went from despair (Kent getting injured) to being rather pleased (with surprise at Barkers performance and skillset).

I hadn't actually taken any notice of Barker when he played for Hibs so haven't seen him play really at all. Never knew what type of player he was or what he had in his locker. I honestly had low expectations.

But I must admit, I am very happy (albeit only seeing him play for a half of football). I really thought he was similar to Kent in almost every way.

Good close control, always had the head up and looking to get forward, quick, showed bravery to get us up the field that was lacking in others and that finish was top quality.

Not that we have much option now, but I would be confident with Barker playing in Kent's position until he is back.
Totally agree mate I also think that was 60% of him out there as he's new to playing in our team and hasn't go much minutes under his belt massive opportunity if he plays on Thursday now he's going to get far more space than he got today

Hastie had played 15 games for Motherwell. Though at his age I can see why he signed him as worse case we sell him on.

Stewart couldn't get a game for a pish Birmingham side and was rank in his time at the Sheep. Also 27 years old, he is no where near the standard we need. Modern day Alan Gow, utter rank.

Jones is average SPL player IMO. Quantity over quality. Won't play for us much either after his stupidity last week
The same jones that came on and whipped in a peach of a cross for our striker to get us into the EL and get kent? Bizarre right enough.

I think Barker and Jones are going to surprise a lot of people during the season they’re young and seem to play without fear. They demand the ball and have been creative. Both good signings imo.

The same jones that came on and whipped in a peach of a cross for our striker to get us into the EL and get kent? Bizarre right enough.

Bizarre in the sense we signed 6 wingers in the summer, Stewart being a waste of time, Jones, Ojo, Barker and Hastie are probably average SPL wingers with Kent obviously being class.

Instead of pissing money away on average, I would rather have bought 3 or 4 quality players with their wages and keep Middleton as back up.

Looks like he could be a really useful player.

Was always impressed with him at Hibs. Fastest player in the league.

A bit raw, but has the attributes to succeed.

Bizarre in the sense we signed 6 wingers in the summer, Stewart being a waste of time, Jones, Ojo, Barker and Hastie are probably average SPL wingers with Kent obviously being class.

Instead of pissing money away on average, I would rather have bought 3 or 4 quality players with their wages and keep Middleton as back up.
Pissing money away on average, so kent and helander are average? All the other wingers are young players apart from stewart with potential to become good players. Stop living in the 90’s mate. By that logic spending money guarantees quality, see eroz grezda. Ridiculous post.

Pissing money away on average, so kent and helander are average? All the other wingers are young players apart from stewart with potential to become good players. Stop living in the 90’s mate. By that logic spending money guarantees quality, see eroz grezda. Ridiculous post.

Can you not read the sentence I said Kent was class and who mentioned Helmander?

Don't twist my words when I have clearly mentioned the players I believe are SPL average. Doesn't mean they won't do a job but signing Greg Stewart etc won't win titles.

Can you not read the sentence I said Kent was class and who mentioned Helmander?

Don't twist my words when I have clearly mentioned the players I believe are SPL average. Doesn't mean they won't do a job but signing Greg Stewart etc won't win titles.
Yeah, cos C*ltic haven’t won titles with SPL signings like Griffiths, Christie, etc.

There’s a snobbery with a large section of our support when it comes to signings players from other Scottish sides and guys whose name doesn’t end with i, a, ic or ski.

Remember where some of the key members of our NIAR team came from:
St Mirren, the sheep, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee, etc.

Well done to the lad. He showed exactly how you beat teams that sit in. No use playing tippy tappy through 9 defenders . Shoot on sight, work the goalie and get deflections, corners and maybe a goal.

He was warming up again at half time with a Rangers coach and they had a drill where he had to try and take the coach on and beat him. He struggled in first attempt and then nearly tripped over himself the second time.

He didn't give me much confidence but hopefully his goal today will do wonders for the boy

Thats it then get him to %^*&. I don't care if he came on, played well and scored a cracker this kind of warm up is unacceptable :rolleyes:

Yeah, cos C*ltic haven’t won titles with SPL signings like Griffiths, Christie, etc.

There’s a snobbery with a large section of our support when it comes to signings players from other Scottish sides and guys whose name doesn’t end with i, a, ic or ski.

Remember where some of the key members of our NIAR team came from:
St Mirren, the sheep, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee, etc.

Well said.

We also signed Davie Cooper from Clydebank, this place would have been in meltdown if it existed back then.

He did exactly what we need him, Greg Stewart and the likes of Docherty to do as part of the squad.

Come on and either score or involve yourself in a crucial / clinching goal when one of the main 15 regular starters is injured or off the boil

Thats it then get him to %^*&. I don't care if he came on, played well and scored a cracker this kind of warm up is unacceptable :rolleyes:

If that's what you've taken from my post then I cannot help you. At halftime he didn't give me confidence we had a winger who could change a game, especially as that was our last option and Ojo was also having a shocker. He's got his goal and had a couple of decent pieces of play.

Go and enjoy your Sunday lunch

To the people saying they've not been impressed with him except his goal yesterday, give it a rest FFS. He's hardly played, how can you judge a player with hardly any game time.

He looked keen, wanted the ball. I was impressed with his showing. Took his goal well. Think we'll be seeing a lot more of him.

He’s got ability, no doubt of that. He looked a bit nervous not surprisingly but scored a cracking goal and looked a lot more composed after he scored.

You could tell that he was lacking in match sharpness but I thought he did okay.

Plenty more to come from him. With Jones and Kent likely out for a while we will need him in the next few weeks.

Have thought any time I’ve seen him before his feet are much faster than his brain but his goal was a cracking finish.

Hopefully can kick on and take confidence from today.
I thought he saved the situation after what was a poor pass.
It was 2 on 1 and somehow the pass still left him to beat the defender, which he done quickly and finished well.

Why is Barker "average SPL standard"? Because he happened to be on loan at Hibs 2 seasons ago?

You've saw him play about 60 minutes in a Rangers shirt and in that time he has already got himself on the scoresheet & put in a decent performance despite being nowhere near 100% yet.

Can at least let him get in the door before making up your mind on what standard he is.

Thought he looked nervous to begin yesterday, wee bit of pressure on him. Glad he scored, good goal too, do him the world of good.
Liked his interview after the game too, not yet up to speed but desperate to to well.

Back