Brandon Barker

A squad player at best.

Probably better than Hastie, Stewart and Jones however who were absolutely bizarre signings to put it kindly.

None of those players are bizarre signings. Maybe Stewart is at a push but Hastie will be a great player in the near future
( Just look at his form on loan).

Hastie is a young lad with lots of potential and hopefully will be in the first 11 soon enough.

And Jones is really good winger and has international experience as well as knowing the league. He made a stupid but not as bad as made out by some tackle and injured himself.
He will be good for us though.

Stewart knows the league and is an experienced player but seems out of favor and more of a squad player.
But I don’t doubt that when called upon he will do the job.

I reckon Barker will be one of those players who rarely scores a tap in. It'll be regular postage stamp corner strikes, hopefully.

We added what we needed a mixture of both squad players and quality

We needed pace and invention I think we got it but only time will tell

I thought he scored his goal with aplomb.
It was an exciting moment following a real quality bit of football as the ball was moved at speed and with imagination by the team and was the cherry on the cake move of the day.
Barker should take a great deal of confidence from this finish because he completed it with style and panache.
A goal to take home to yer Mum.

People talk about the price of football and why they put themselves through it week in week out.
That goal is why.

I was one of those who questioned the signing because I thought we would get Kent back and we had Jones as back up.
However I will enjoy a small piece of humble pie and say he did very very well yesterday.
Well done BB

The likes of Jones, Barker, Stewart and, eventually, Hastie may not see much game-time this season overall but they have the ability to come on and turn a game, win a game or make a game safe by getting the crucial goal that seals the match. Something we were missing last season.

And all for relative buttons. Over the course of their contracts the 4 of them added together will prove better value than, for example, Grezda. And will cost less.

You're clueless.

Been watching the lad his entire career and this is exactly what he has always been capable of. Saying it since day 1 he will be a star at Rangers.

I'd say he was only at about 50% today as well. Much more to come from the boy.
I stuck my neck out on here when this lad first signed and stated "he would be the real deal". Long may he progress and help us to 55+

I thought he scored his goal with aplomb.
It was an exciting moment following a real quality bit of football as the ball was moved at speed and with imagination by the team and was the cherry on the cake move of the day.
Barker should take a great deal of confidence from this finish because he completed it with style and panache.
A goal to take home to yer Mum.

People talk about the price of football and why they put themselves through it week in week out.
That goal is why.
Bilkobear your post sums up the reason why I started this thread.

You're clueless.

Been watching the lad his entire career and this is exactly what he has always been capable of. Saying it since day 1 he will be a star at Rangers.

I'd say he was only at about 50% today as well. Much more to come from the boy.
He won't be a star at Ibrox.
He may, or may not be a decent squad player.

He looked very energetic and capable when he came on eventhough it must've been hard to come on to replace Kent, bwcause of the spotlight Kent's been on.
I have high hopes on him. If him, Jones and Kent (+hastie) keep on developing, we're not going to be short of wingers in the future.

Good to see him get w debut goal but he looks extremely awkward

Don’t really have any expectations for him

It’s not awkward - he has a sort of direct composure about him. He doesn’t run about or get excited (until the goal, ha).

Great goal and more to come I’m sure.

Cannae ask for any mair on a debut as sub than that, well done Brandon son.

It won't always happen but I'll settle for a goal like that from ye every game.

Never expected him to see a shirt, but now that he's off the mark and has a little bit of confidence he deserves a shot in the team

Would have him in the team every day in place of Ojo.

Hate to say it but the lads looked like a passenger for a good few games now. Doesn’t look fully focused, can’t put my finger on it.

With his previous experience of playing in Holland , wee Baker could be our secret weapon v feyenoord on Thursday.

Anyone any idea on how good / bad this feyenoord side are ? Our home games are our chance to do something in the group , looking forward to it

With his previous experience of playing in Holland , wee Baker could be our secret weapon v feyenoord on Thursday.

Anyone any idea on how good / bad this feyenoord side are ? Our home games are our chance to do something in the group , looking forward to it
Not as good as they were a couple of seasons ago, but still very handy. This will be our toughest test so far.

High hopes for Barker, looked to me like a dangerous player with the spoon burners, and much more direct than others. However I do agree with the "bizarre" label for Stewart. How he improves the squad I just don't know. Hastie and Jones, we wait and see, but Greg Docherty, I fear will slip further and further out of the picture as SG obviously doesn't fancy him.

Hastie had played 15 games for Motherwell. Though at his age I can see why he signed him as worse case we sell him on.

Stewart couldn't get a game for a pish Birmingham side and was rank in his time at the Sheep. Also 27 years old, he is no where near the standard we need. Modern day Alan Gow, utter rank.

Jones is average SPL player IMO. Quantity over quality. Won't play for us much either after his stupidity last week
Jones played the cross that got us the money to buy Kent and made us millions and you think he's a bad buy.

Big few weeks ahead for Barker, he's been presented a massive opportunity to get into the first team and stake his claim.

Be interesting to see if he gets the nod vs Feyenoord.

Big few weeks ahead for Barker, he's been presented a massive opportunity to get into the first team and stake his claim.

Be interesting to see if he gets the nod vs Feyenoord.

Not sure if he'll start against Feyenoord as he's not even ready for 90 minutes yet but hopefully we'll see him play some part.

He should get a chance as people have said with Jones & Kent out.

It's interesting to think that Jones peach of a cross for Morelos against Legia, has probably cost him his place as it's allowed us to push the boat out and buy Kent. Found that quite funny/weird when I thought about it.

A squad player at best.

Probably better than Hastie, Stewart and Jones however who were absolutely bizarre signings to put it kindly.

The only one you can hold a question mark against there is Stewart .

Hastie is on loan and doing well by all accounts , was always one for the future .

Jones for people with short memories tore myttyland apart in Denmark and set up Alfie for his goal to get us into the Europa groups .

Barker was brought on and did fine and scored on Saturday .

Your comments are at best strange .

In one half of football I went from despair (Kent getting injured) to being rather pleased (with surprise at Barkers performance and skillset).

I hadn't actually taken any notice of Barker when he played for Hibs so haven't seen him play really at all. Never knew what type of player he was or what he had in his locker. I honestly had low expectations.

But I must admit, I am very happy (albeit only seeing him play for a half of football). I really thought he was similar to Kent in almost every way.

Good close control, always had the head up and looking to get forward, quick, showed bravery to get us up the field that was lacking in others and that finish was top quality.

Not that we have much option now, but I would be confident with Barker playing in Kent's position until he is back.

Sorry mate this common sense non drama queen post just wont fit in here.

Hasnt looked good since St Josephs/ Midtyjlland

Hibs at home at him and Jones were 2 of our best performers that day, ran himself into the ground away to Legia and then picked up a knock which dropped him for St Mirren game. Since then he had at home to Legia and a 2nd half against Celtic which no one performed well in.

He’s going to find it difficult adjusting to the Scottish league but we surely need to give him more time.

Hibs at home at him and Jones were 2 of our best performers that day, ran himself into the ground away to Legia and then picked up a knock which dropped him for St Mirren game. Since then he had at home to Legia and a 2nd half against Celtic which no one performed well in.

He’s going to find it difficult adjusting to the Scottish league but we surely need to give him more time.
Kent didn’t rip it up to start

Definitely a player their but looks as if he's lost a bit of confidence.

Back