Brazil v Colombia - 1am on iPlayer

BrotherMoses

After a solid enough start to the group, Colombia now looking a bit ropey after three games. Alfie has only featured once, playing approximately ten minutes in the 2-1 defeat to Peru last time out. The current manager has been rotating a decent amount, so with any luck our lad will get his chance from the start tonight.

One thing that has struck me is how utterly moronic the Colombia fans are on Twitter. Every single post is just littered with replies demanding Falcao be recalled and abusing anyone who isn't Cuadrado. It's absurd. Anyone who has watched Colombia over the last two years will know that Cuadrado is destroying the team from the inside. I've never seen a player play so much for themselves. Selfish, petulant, arrogant - but he gets to do whatever the %^*& he wants and everyone else bears the brunt because he's the big name.

Haven't watched a lot of Colombia but when I have they've never impressed, seemed like a team of individuals. At times it reminded of playground football when everyone's a greedy bastard trying to do it all themselves, in fairness that might only apply to certain players not the whole squad.

Haven't watched a lot of Colombia but when I have they've never impressed, seemed like a team of individuals. At times it reminded of playground football when everyone's a greedy bastard trying to do it all themselves, in fairness that might only apply to certain players not the whole squad.

I've watched a bit of them and you are absolutely correct.

Some goal by Colombia, just as well there's no fans in, as the pitch is that far from the stands they would be in a different time zone, certainly put Hampden to shame in that respect.

Gutted for Alfie. Caught their last couple of games and their strikers have been so bad it must be disheartening to see the same cows picked time and again and not even make the squad.

This is the reason I think if Porto come in with a serious bid, he'll go. If he's wanting to play for Colombia, he'll need to be in a better league.

This is the reason I think if Porto come in with a serious bid, he'll go. If he's wanting to play for Colombia, he'll need to be in a better league.
Santos Borre and Borja aren’t exactly playing at the top end of the champions league to be honest - I do take your point though.

Colombia have just been robbed, ball hits the referee and he goes to blow his whistle and stop play then doesn't, 4 seconds later and the ball is in the colombia net

Was that Morelos that just got sent off when not even playing? …. dude that got red carded looked a bit like him :)

Did Brazil just score in the 10th minute of injury time. Not watching but just looked on livescore.
Yep … the ref allowed a Brazilian goal that featured the ball bouncing off himself in the build-up … the Colombians went crazy for 10mins and the ref couldn’t get the game restarted

Feel sorry for the Colombians. The referee ruined the game. Surprised he didn’t yellow card some of their players as well for protesting but he knew he was in the wrong.

The annoying thing is every football fan in the world knows that of that happened that out way round there’s absolutely no way that goal would have been allowed to happen.

Brazil goal saved my coupon.

Thought it must’ve been something crazy for 10 mins injury time

Caveat - I haven't watched a single minute of Alfie playing for Colombia, but for those that have - is it just possible that he simply isn't going to crack it at that level?

I hope not for his (& our) sake obviously but there's no shame in it if that's the case - lots of players have been found a little bit short at that level.

I haven't noticed anything particularly positive in reports.

Caveat - I haven't watched a single minute of Alfie playing for Colombia, but for those that have - is it just possible that he simply isn't going to crack it at that level?

I hope not for his (& our) sake obviously but there's no shame in it if that's the case - lots of players have been found a little bit short at that level.

I haven't noticed anything particularly positive in reports.
I’ve watched most of his games, he’s started very few to be fair (I can only remember 1) but missed a couple of chances.

I remember him going clean through, not long after his goal in Bern and trying to give the keeper the eyes again - it didn’t come off.

Colombia aren’t particularly great just now, none of their strikers really score and if we are honest they have 1, maybe even 2 that are better than Alfie just now - they don’t tear it up either.

They don’t play to his strengths, and I’ve seen him come on playing the right side of a front 3 on the byline - not playing central and drifting like he does for us.

He’s got 11 caps that if I were to guess, they would accumulate to something like 380 minutes so he hasn’t necessarily been given a fair crack yet.

He’s a better player than Borre and Borja though, which makes his omission this tournament all the more bizarre.

It’s almost impossible not to qualify for the next round, so you’d like to think he’d at least get some game time in a dead rubber.

To answer your question, yes he’s good enough to play at that level, especially considering some of the teams in the Copa are relatively poor.

Colombia have been on a decline, and have no identifiable system for him to slot into - it’s a shame.

I’ve watched most of his games, he’s started very few to be fair but missed a couple of chances.

I remember him going clean through, not long after his goal in Bern and trying to give the keeper the eyes again - it didn’t come off.

Colombia aren’t particularly great just now, none of their strikers really score and if we are honest they have 1, maybe even 2 that are better than Alfie just now - they don’t tear it up either.

They don’t play to his strengths, and I’ve seen him come on playing the right side of a front 3 on the byline - not playing central and drifting like he does for us.

He’s got 11 caps that if I were to guess, they would accumulate to something like 380 minutes so he hasn’t necessarily been given a fair crack yet.

He’s a better player than Borre and Borja though, which makes his omission this tournament all the more bizarre.

It’s almost impossible not to qualify for the next round, so you’d like to think he’d at least get some game time in a dead rubber.

To answer your question, yes he’s good enough to play at that level, especially considering some of the teams in the Copa are relatively poor.

Colombia have been on a decline, and have no identifiable system for him to slot into - it’s a shame.

How bad was Borja? Every chance seems to fall to him and he seems to fluff it 90% of the time.

How bad was Borja? Every chance seems to fall to him and he seems to fluff it 90% of the time.
He somehow has the best record of all their strikers, I’d never heard of him before this Copa and I can see why.

Muriel - 8 in 40
Zapata - 4 in 25
Borre - 0 in 5
Alfie - 1 in 11
Borja 5 in 15 (I think)

Very strange.

Colombia are strange in general though.

Latest posts

Back