Brechin v Darvel - live on telly Monday night

Will be watching this. Watched them against Talbot a few weeks ago, looks like Kennedy has them well drilled and looking to play a style a slight cut above the average Junior team.
That said, although they beat Talbot that night I can't see pat Auchinleck for the league.

Very. I was surprised given the hype some of these junior teams with cash are given on here.
Darvel are not a good team to watch in the West of Scotland League. Talbot, Pollok, Clydebank and a decent number of other teams plus in the league are far better football teams to watch as a neutral. They are all about set pieces, crosses, second balls and long balls to get them goals plus occasional long range strike if Darren Miller has his shooting boots on. It does work but not a great spectacle unless playing relegation fodder at bottom of the league.

Given that Darvel will be paying significantly more than Brechin you would have expected a more dominant performance. Given that they are paying more for players that are not worth it leads you to the result in the 1st game and probably the replay

Given that Darvel will be paying significantly more than Brechin you would have expected a more dominant performance. Given that they are paying more for players that are not worth it leads you to the result in the 1st game and probably the replay

What sort of cash would the lads be on at these loaded junior teams? And how does that compare to league 1 and 2?

What sort of cash would the lads be on at these loaded junior teams? And how does that compare to league 1 and 2?

Ross Perry signed for them and a player left Falkirk to join Darvel last season. Might give a bit of an indication.

They are throughing absolutely obscene amounts of cash about and look no great shakes tbh. Guy I spoke to last week at the Bens v Cumnock match reckoned financial backing into the hundreds of thousands.

Back