Brenda not happy with the gambling addict

That's a shocking article for me.

Leigh Griffiths is off his work..........signed off by a doctor I assume.
The mhedia are making a point of not saying why........

But, his manager comes out and has a go at him to the mhedia?

Shocking management. He should have said nothing! It should be between himself and Griffiths - not the mhedia.

There will be players who are friends with Griffiths who will not like that.
I know, it’s fantastic isn’t it?:D

I love watching the mentally challengeds implode.

Tierney maybe fucked full stop! To have a hip problem at that age is significant. No more big money move talk.....he’d fail the medical!!!
Just ask Andy Murray about hip issues. Normally I’d feel sorry for any sportsman undergoing these problems, but he’s been such a bitter little bhoy, refusing to say our name, lording it with fellow deadbeats Thumb and Mongo. In short, fcuk him. Career ender for Lustig next and karma’s got the full set.

Thumb using his “mental health” to get out the fact he has used his last warning with Celtic for his gambling. Owes many people money, including folk in the club, this is the start of them slowly turning the fans against him.

He is finished there.

That's a shocking article for me.

Leigh Griffiths is off his work..........signed off by a doctor I assume.
The mhedia are making a point of not saying why........

But, his manager comes out and has a go at him to the mhedia?

Shocking management. He should have said nothing! It should be between himself and Griffiths - not the mhedia.

There will be players who are friends with Griffiths who will not like that.

I agree with you mate. While it's good for all of us to enjoy this, at the end of the day if the guy has declared addiction to gambling or whatever else, then he's ill and will have certain employment protections.

For his employer to give out information in this manner is horrendous management. Brenda is no doubt utterly spewing that he can't use him and has lost his composure over it.

I honestly believe that there are major problems going on at that club that no one is talking about. It was rumoured that the French speaking players didn’t get on with the Scots in the squad. Dembele couldn’t get away fast enough and I thought the others in their team were atrocious against us and looked as though they want out also.

Add to that the problems with Thumb, Tierney and the fact that the club with all the money are making no permanent signings and it looks bad. With Rodgers speaking out on Thumb it may be that Rodgers wants out.

Brenda gave him a 4yr contract and as the way it is with scum, Thumbheid has repaid him by kidding on that he's not well. The dugs in the street know he's mad for the ponies and owes big money. Brenda will be getting it tight from Herr Liewell also. This pleases me greatly all round to be honest.

I agree with you mate. While it's good for all of us to enjoy this, at the end of the day if the guy has declared addiction to gambling or whatever else, then he's ill and will have certain employment protections.

For his employer to give out information in this manner is horrendous management. Brenda is no doubt utterly spewing that he can't use him and has lost his composure over it.
Or his mental ‘illness’ is exaggerated and is a cover story for the real reason he’s been told to get away (i.e. drugs as has been rumoured) and Rodgers is quite rightly annoyed to see the Thumb taking absolutely no responsibility or showing no desire to turn things around.

Or his mental ‘illness’ is exaggerated and is a cover story for the real reason he’s been told to get away (i.e. drugs as has been rumoured) and Rodgers is quite rightly annoyed to see the Thumb taking absolutely no responsibility or showing no desire to turn things around.

That's another way to look at it :D

Think it's the end for 'Griff' :eek:

And I really don't think Hibs are stupid enough to employ him either, well not as a footballer.

As for Tierney? Highlights the problem of playing teenagers every game over a long season. There is a risk of causing serious injury that can cut their careers short (he's now 21).

He is off with a variety of problems. Yet he is seen at the races gambling and then Brenda has a go at him that he isnt off for a laugh.
Where is the support from the club? Surely they should be putting him in rehab and shadowing him like a hawk to make sure he is getting help and not falling into old ways.

I hate him and i am enjoying this whole saga but his parent club should be doing more for him... Unless they want him out of the club due to high wages

Rodgers clearly feels he's went to bat for Griffiths and this is how he's repaid him. It's as clear as day Griffiths is taking the piss out of both him and the club and using this as an extended holiday.

Obviously my sympathies lie with neither and hope both of them get it right up them. He's nothing but a degenerate ned and the Tims are lower than a snake's belly.

Both are absolute bastards, but ultimately Oily Face is right. You can only get help if you're willing to help yourself. Griffiths is thick as shit and should know that people will be watching his every step.

%^*& you Griffith, youre kids wont have a Christmas anymore.

It’s the ‘radge gene’ mate. Irving Welsh has made a career out of it.

Whores poofs junkies and Thumb features.

You can just imagine Griffiths as Tommy. All the mentally challengeds have patched him and Rodgers visits Griffiths is in his doss house asking if he can play at the weekend.

Should have been “no comment it’s an internal matter”

Something going on here
When I read it, first thought was this is the club laying the ground to terminate his contract.
'he came to us with issues, we supported him best we could, the player has not followed a certain path to help himself, no improvement, mutual release from contract'
he is done

It seems like the worst thing you could do for someone with a gambling addiction is to give them time off work so they have absolutely nothing else to do all day other than think about gambling.

Were the rumours not that gambling was a coverup and it's actually a coke problem he's got?

%^*& knows if there's any substance (pardon the pun) to them right enough...
I was under the impression it was both.

Hopefully moves onto smack to get off the coke, looks the sort.

When I read it, first thought was this is the club laying the ground to terminate his contract.
'he came to us with issues, we supported him best we could, the player has not followed a certain path to help himself, no improvement, mutual release from contract'
he is done

Exactly what they’re trying to do and exactly what Griffith’s statement was about saying it’s not gambling it’s mental health after he was photographed at the races.

He’s finished there.

It seems like the worst thing you could do for someone with a gambling addiction is to give them time off work so they have absolutely nothing else to do all day other than think about gambling.
Exactly, that’s why my first thought was that he was getting full of gear and that lot just wanted him away from the place.

Gambling addict in gambling shocker... guys a fud. Could be set super comfortably for life but chooses to piss it away.
Let’s not get too judgemental here. Many bears are in the same boat. As I understand it, it doesn’t feel like much a choice.

That said, the more off the field issues they are dealing with, the better

Is this not the 2nd time Thumb was spotted at the races?

I’m sure he was spotted in a long beige coloured parka last week too at the races ?

He’s in denial and obviously not stopping in gambling and taking it seriously

They will not keep paying him a salary if he’s out doing this kind of stuff

Re Tierney. If he has a serious hip issue then that might be due to the number of games he’s been playing. He started very young in their 1st team and issues can arise if he’s been overplayed and playing through injury

If he needs surgery that will count him out for a while

Basically, Rodgers telling a guy with mental health issues to 'pull himself together. He's lost him.

If this is the case, and the guy genuinely does have mental health issues then this is a terrible statment from Brenda.
The mental health charities should be all over him for this

You can advise him to go into rehab, even offer to pay for it.
You cannot physically lock him in it.
The person must agree he needs help, it’s clear from his tweets he does not have any addictions and proves it by appearing at Newcastle with betting slips and beer.
He needs help, but will never admit it, a road to hell awaits.

Brenda is his manager and the thumb is an employee of the filth. He is off work (erm erm ill)

As an employer you can barely speak openly to other managers in your company about someone’s illness never mind opening up to the world via the press.

Brenda has fucked up here.

As for the wee tit left back, he should have told his boyfriend not to be so rough with him, now a fucked hip. Very slow recovery which is pleasing

"Hello Rangers, this is Leigh Griffiths here. Just phoning to let you know its really cold at this time of year and I am really struggling to make ends meet. Is there any chance I could get my scarf back please?"

Rogers shouldn’t be commenting at all in public about any employee being off sick . Outrageous from him .
Griffiths should be straight onto the phone to the SPFA.

If you are off due to a mental thing - one of the worst things you can do is sit about the house all the time.

(He denies he has a gambling problem............so as far as his manager goes, he has to respect that).

He's wrong. Griffiths is "signed off" his work, not his social/private life.

Obviously if he does have a gambling addiction then going to the races isn't the brightest of moves but then again he isn't the brightest of people.

Makes a change from talking about referees right enough.

Rodgers is a w*nk but he's absolutely spot on here. Every right to be raging.

If anybody on here was off work on the sick and then we were spotted out at the races drinking and gambling we could end up getting the sack from our employer.

He may well be right - but, he shouldn't be discussing this in public. It's like your boss telling all your colleagues about a health issue that you may have - which you want to keep personal. It's not on.

For folk saying Griffiths could be booted out - if it was a normal working environment, you could be looking at Rodgers being booted just as easily.

Last edited:
He may well be right - but, he shouldn't be discussing this in public. It's like your boss telling all your colleagues about a health issue that you may have - which you want to keep personal. It's not on.

Griffiths put on his social media last week a massive post about his ''issues''.

When he got the time off initially, Rodgers didn't go into any specifics from what I remember.

Griffiths put on his social media last week a massive post about his ''issues''.

When he got the time off initially, Rodgers didn't go into any specifics from what I remember.
Yes. And IIRC, he also denied it was gambling related.........so, this makes Rodgers' statement even worse.

I am not sympathetic to Thumb in any way - he is a racist ned who if he wasn't a footballer, would be in jail. But, I feel that Rodgers has crossed the line here - big time!

But, with such a high opinion of himself - he must see himself as a mental health expert too.

Grittiths finished there.
Tierney maybe needing surgery.
Ntcham limped out of training yesterday with suspected hamstring injury.

Shame, a real shame.

Heard a rumour that it's nothing to do with gambling but more that certain 'bad guys' from the capital are after him for one reason or another. Like most things though it is just a rumour....

Back