Brendan Rogers has been eliminated from all 5 knockout ties

Do you think its almost down to arrogance? His point blank refusal to adjust the way his teams play no matter what. His tactics with the mentally challengeds in Europe were suicidal.

I would put him down as one of the top 10 coaches in the world, but that European record isn’t good enough.

He's a decent enough coach but you can't be in the top 10 coaches in the world if you've never won a knockout tie in European football after multiple attempts.

More than likely his Leicester team will peter out again and drop out of the CL places.

Suarez carried a team that had Gerrard in it?

Why can’t we just be honest and reasonable and admit he’s a good coach? We just make ourselves look silly otherwise
Suarez did massively elevate that team. They'd have been nowhere near top of the league without him.

Rogers record speaks for itself in Europe too.

Good manager, but not as good as made out. I.e overrated.

Do you think its almost down to arrogance? His point blank refusal to adjust the way his teams play no matter what. His tactics with the mentally challengeds in Europe were suicidal.

I would put him down as one of the top 10 coaches in the world, but that European record isn’t good enough.
How can you be one of the top 10 coaches in the world but get utterly pumped in international football at every turn?

Based on what exactly?

What?

No, I listed the managers he is better than.

Zidane: 3 European Cups, 2 La Liga, 2 Super Cups, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 FIFA World Club Cups, 1 FIFA manager of the year

Flick: 1 European Cup, 1 Bundesliga, 2 domestic cups, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 FIFA World club cup

Lucescu: 1 UEFA Cup, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 2 Romanian leagues, 4 Romanian domestic cups, 2 Turkish leagues, 8 Ukrainian leagues, 14 Ukrainian domestic cups, 1 Russian domestic cup, 1 European coach of the year

Benitez: 1 European Cup, 2 UEFA Cups, 1 FIFA World Club Cup, 2 La Liga, 2 domestic English cups, 3 domestic Italian Cups, 2 UEFA manager of the year

Mancini: 3 Serie A, 6 domestic Italian cups, 1 EPL, 2domestic English cups, 1 domestic Turkish cup

Emery: 3 UEFA Cups, 1 Ligue 1, 6 domestic French Cups

And you think Rodgers is better than those Managers?
Man you are mental I'll have some of what your on. B-D

Rodgers: 2 SPL, 5 domestic Scottish cups

Zidane: 3 European Cups, 2 La Liga, 2 Super Cups, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 FIFA World Club Cups, 1 FIFA manager of the year

Flick: 1 European Cup, 1 Bundesliga, 2 domestic cups, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 FIFA World club cup

Lucescu: 1 UEFA Cup, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 2 Romanian leagues, 4 Romanian domestic cups, 2 Turkish leagues, 8 Ukrainian leagues, 14 Ukrainian domestic cups, 1 Russian domestic cup, 1 European coach of the year

Benitez: 1 European Cup, 2 UEFA Cups, 1 FIFA World Club Cup, 2 La Liga, 2 domestic English cups, 3 domestic Italian Cups, 2 UEFA manager of the year

Mancini: 3 Serie A, 6 domestic Italian cups, 1 EPL, 2domestic English cups, 1 domestic Turkish cup

The Zidane one killed me immediately when he claimed that. Bizarre

Like saying Pochettino isn’t as good as all them because he has won 1 trophy.

Like saying Pochettino isn’t as good as all them because he has won 1 trophy.
Pochettino got Spurs to a European Cup final something that was a massive achievement plus got them to a cup final.

Gerrard has been further than Rodgers has ever been in Europe two years running with us, with all the money and players he had at Liverpool that is shockingly bad.

Rodgers done nothing with Liverpool, not even a final. Furthest he got was last 32 in the UEFA Cup. He was the first Liverpool manager since the 1950's not to win a trophy in his first 3 years when he got the sack. Fair to see he was a disaster at Liverpool.

You are basing Rodgers by style over substance, what would you rather have a manager that doesn't bottle it and can compete at the highest level or a manager that plays nice football for a while but ultimately will never get you competing for honours?

Some funny stuff about Rangers getting advice or not from Brendan about the European ties coming.

Id suggest by his Liverpool, Celtic and now Leicester runs hes already given them a solid gold pointer - dont be an arrogant pr!ck and think you can just pick & choose your games.

Rangers are buffed, cut, ripped, chiselled and jacked every time they play in Europe.

Someone defo needs advice about European campaigns but it aint Gerrard.

Based on Rangers’ progress and improvement domestically and in Europe over the last 3 seasons, I don’t think Gerrard will need the thoughts of a manager he chased down the road to England to help us beat a team Rodgers couldn’t in a competition where Gerrard’s record already comfortably eclipses Rodgers’.

I still have a few question marks about Rodgers as a manager. Firstly, his Euro record. Secondly, im not convinced he can consistently improve a team after his initial impact. Some managers are short-term impact managers, some can build a team long-term. Rodgers has yet to convince me he can accomplish the latter.
I think that’s down to him being a very good coach and having a poor eye for talent recruitment. His business at Bheast fc was appalling given the funds advantage he had.

Also it’s not just his knockout record after the group stage. Getting into group stages was an adventure that provided some chortles along the way

Zidane? You think hes a good coach?

Decent man manager, maybe. Coach? Nope. We’ll see how he does away from Madrid.
I think the main benefit of zidane, especially at a club like real, is if you get any players suddenly acting billy big baws giving it “I’m so and so and I’ve done x, y and z”, the manager can turn round and say “Aye well I’m zinedine zidane, so sit back down”

Back