Brendan Rogers helps celtic bank £3m on Edouard

Yeah good buy but the deal they agreed with PSG to acquire him is a shambles.
They knew he was a player and prob thought the deal was worth it because he would go for 20/25 million after sealing the 10. It was negligence that chasing the 10 meant allowing his contract to run down . They obviously banked on the 10 that much that their fans wouldn’t notice this shot this summer cos they would be in Santa ponsa celebrating . Now they are just a shambles for our enjoyment

I know Nisbet has potential but I'm not buying the hype at all MU.

Both he and Boyle while very capable on their day,lack any sort of consistency to suggest they would cope with the pressure of performing week in,week out for either of the Old Firm as is required.

Hivs will want a fair wedge for them as well I'd imagine,I hope they do go down this route.
Boyle looks good for hibs because he has space to run into every week space he won't get playing for them also he's poor defensively and a bit lazy he doesn't improve them. Nisbet has potential as you say but I don't think he has the hold up play or intelligence to replace eduard and play as there main striker hibs have to play the big lad Doidge up beside him to get the best out of him imo

Last edited:
Nowhere near what they would have forecast for him, which is lovely. Between this and Ajer should give them about £20M for their rebuild. They need a full back 5 plus a striker and the are short in depth in the midfield. We really need to turn the screw this summer. Imagine getting an international class midfielder to compliment Jack / Kamara / Davis / Aribo / Arfield and keeping the rest of the squad intact.

I know Nisbet has potential but I'm not buying the hype at all MU.

Both he and Boyle while very capable on their day,lack any sort of consistency to suggest they would cope with the pressure of performing week in,week out for either of the Old Firm as is required.

Hivs will want a fair wedge for them as well I'd imagine,I hope they do go down this route.

100% bang on @cav.

Reactions: cav
I’ll drive him to Leicester. He’s their best player by a mile. They always get a semi when they sell a player for a big fee - if they bring Nisbet in he is a massive downgrade. I wouldn’t trust them to replace him with a better player. This will weaken them massively.

I agree with this. With better players around him he will score a load. 18 goals and 8 assists is very good for a non Old Firm player. I wouldnt mind signing him as back up but not for the money Hibs would be demanding.
If he gets a goal or 2 in Euros Hibs will be looking for at least 5 imo.

Take away the add ons that will be included in the fee as well as the sell on and celtics bank account will be lucky to see 5M put in it.

Nowhere near what they would have forecast for him, which is lovely. Between this and Ajer should give them about £20M for their rebuild. They need a full back 5 plus a striker and the are short in depth in the midfield. We really need to turn the screw this summer. Imagine getting an international class midfielder to compliment Jack / Kamara / Davis / Aribo / Arfield and keeping the rest of the squad intact.

They need a lot more than that, they'll get rid of the thumb as well and Ajetis utter pish, so they need a full new defence and strike force, a new first team goalkeeper and thats providing they think mcgregor turnbull and soro are a good enough midfield (which they arent)

They're in a full scale shambles.

I get why we'll be laughing about the fee, if true, given previous reports and numbers thrown around, but it's still a decent wedge as you say.

I do wonder though - VAT applies to transfers within the UK, yeah? If that £15m includes that, the fee would only be £12.5m.
VAT does apply, but it’s not a cost to either club, so that £15m will be the amount paid net of any taxes.

£15m is about what I thought they’d get for him, which considering they’d have got significantly more if they’d sold him at the right time, is another result for us.

A
player I will be glad to see the back for when he could be bothered we gave us problems

Not
So Morelos is worth 15m at most while tied into a long term contract, and this guy is worth that with one year left after looking disinterested all season?

Scottish media for you.
forgetting that Morelos has performed well on the European stage and has 23 Europa league goals to his name

The French penalty taker has flopped on the same stage , his scoring record in Europe is woeful compared to Alfredo’s

So basically Eduardo’s valuation is based on his goals in Scottish football against Hamilton and St.Mirren, not forgetting his penalties against the Andorra under 21’s

Morelos scored more Europa league group stage goals in one campaign than Eduardo has in 3 combined

There are no other stats to back up Eduardo’s valuation

Remember this is a player who can sign a pre contract in 7 months so why would anyone pay millions for him ?

Sorry I don’t believe they’ve got millions for this player , it’s as believable as the Ping Pong deal

Reports today say it all but done and a fee has been agreed that will allow Celtic to gain a 3m profit for the striker.

Hopefully with the ball being on Edouards court he demands a big pay packet, after all a player in his final year can do so which results in the selling club having to lower their value. To reportedly get £15m for a player in his last year is decent business if true.

If I was a Leicester board member I would be asking questions.
If Rodgers is signing Eduoard it is because it will benefit Rodgers and Leicester. Bear in mind, it's hardly uncommon for a manager to go to previous clubs for players

Neither Rodgers or Eduoard has any lasting loyalty to Celtc, especially the board.

For a guy with one year left on his contract, to get £15m (say £12m net after PSG get their cut) that still looks like decent business. By way of comparison, it will be interesting to see what we do with Morelos. His contract has 2 years to run I think. We don't want him running his contract down to only a year to go. I think we need him extended again, or to cash in now (which I don't say lightly - I think we would miss him even more than many think we will and that he will be very hard to replace).

I hope they don't sign Nisbett as I think in a Rangers or Celtic team he is a 30+ goals a season striker.

He doesnt get anywhere near enough games for us to be a 30 plus goal a season striker.
Can say Eduoard wasnt interested last season. If it wasnt for him they would have been even further behind us. Edouard is a good player and replacing him with Nesbitt is a downgrade no matter what way you try and dress it up.

I quite liked Nisbet since his time at Dunfermline and he could be a decent acquisition. Hope though that Hivs charge full value for him and Boyle (if it happens) and not a discount deal to their predators. Jack Ross may play hardball for being overlooked for the Aussie - but on the other hand he may view himself as a favourite to replace him when his bottle goes.

Edouard is a good player and for £15m that would be a good signing for Leicester. That’s a hilariously low sum for the mentally challengeds though given what they were quoting him at.

Not

forgetting that Morelos has performed well on the European stage and has 23 Europa league goals to his name

The French penalty taker has flopped on the same stage , his scoring record in Europe is woeful compared to Alfredo’s

So basically Eduardo’s valuation is based on his goals in Scottish football against Hamilton and St.Mirren, not forgetting his penalties against the Andorra under 21’s

Morelos scored more Europa league group stage goals in one campaign than Eduardo has in 3 combined

There are no other stats to back up Eduardo’s valuation

Remember this is a player who can sign a pre contract in 7 months so why would anyone pay millions for him ?

Sorry I don’t believe they’ve got millions for this player , it’s as believable as the Ping Pong deal
Morelos has the problem of being a "temperamental" player as Sky/BBC/media outlets will always mention any time his name is brought up

Edouard got away with it twice this season because of poor/corrupt refereeing so he doesn't get the stigma that Alfie has. Also those same media outlets will talk up Edouard but they won't talk up Morelos. Also unfortunately the man who loves air rifles was the top scorer in Scotland this year and Alfie wasn't so it would go against him

I have no idea why Leicester have went for him other than Rodgers trying to heal a rift with the scum fans? he won't do a job like Iheanacho is starting to do and Vardy has for the last 5 years or so? and he'll go in a huff if he doesn't get his way. Probably the most overrated player in Scotland in my honest opinion

c74t4Oh.gif

Edouard is a good player and for £15m that would be a good signing for Leicester. That’s a hilariously low sum for the mentally challengeds though given what they were quoting him at.

Considering the wages a 9 million pound striker would be on. 15 million is a horrendous return for their best player by a mile. They now have no one left that will bring in anywhere near that sort of money.

A
player I will be glad to see the back for when he could be bothered we gave us problems
With lesser players at CH I agree. Personally I thought Helander had his number whenever they 2 came up against each other.
Wasn't often with injuries etc.

PSG have a big sell on fee
50% of any profit. Between edouard and ntcham who was their other dembeleesque hope they will pocket £3m profit. Sickener for them. This is the mob who refused to pay a couple of million for McGinn

They've done well to get £15m, which leaves them more than £3m 'profit' by all accounts. Not bad for a player in his last year. If nothing else it sets a marker down for Alfie - more goals at a higher level, more effort and better all round player - with 2 years to go on his contract. Simply reinforces that Rangers were correct to reject the low ball bids from Lille and lets everyone know that, if Alfie wants to move, a very substantial fee will be required.

Morelos has the problem of being a "temperamental" player as Sky/BBC/media outlets will always mention any time his name is brought up

Edouard got away with it twice this season because of poor/corrupt refereeing so he doesn't get the stigma that Alfie has. Also those same media outlets will talk up Edouard but they won't talk up Morelos. Also unfortunately the man who loves air rifles was the top scorer in Scotland this year and Alfie wasn't so it would go against him

I have no idea why Leicester have went for him other than Rodgers trying to heal a rift with the scum fans? he won't do a job like Iheanacho is starting to do and Vardy has for the last 5 years or so? and he'll go in a huff if he doesn't get his way. Probably the most overrated player in Scotland in my honest opinion
He’s only the top scorer as 40% of his goals are penalties

Roofe is only 4 goals behind him last year and he didn’t start every week

I’m sure the player and agent will also be due a fair chunk.

It’s only good business if they spend the money well, there is very little evidence they will do that

Whatever they get for him it won’t be anything like they have been claiming he was worth for the past few years.

Been invisible in Europe and against us in recent games.

His stock has dropped big time and won’t be rising again anytime soon.

And whatever they get for him will be nowhere near the amount they are going to have to spend to rebuild.

I hope they don't sign Nisbett as I think in a Rangers or Celtic team he is a 30+ goals a season striker.
I tend agree. Boyle I think looks the type of player who needs the space that comes with playing for a smaller club; but Nisbett looks like a boy who will take chances, whatever the level.

In terms of talent, he would clearly be a downgrade on Eduoard, but he is likely to actually give a f**k and apply what talent he has.

They paid £9M did they not, so a £3M profit would be £12M surely?

Depends on the percentage due to PSG, have heard both 40% and 50% over the original £9m fee.

If 40% the fee would be £14m and if 50% the fee would be £15m.

A big drop from the £40m being talked about 18 months ago.

Shows the cost to clubs when allowing players to run cobtracts down to final year. We'll do well to get £10m for Goldson if he is serious with his desire to return south. Also why it is imperative that Kamara agrees a contract extension (otherwise be sold) to avoid this situation next sumner.

I'm glad he's gone. He was always dangerous against us. I know a lot of people are laughing at the fee but £15m is still more than we've ever got for a player and this guy's in his last year. That alone shows us how bad we've been in the transfer market.

Back