Brendan Rogers helps celtic bank £3m on Edouard

Hope some Midlands based Rangers fans can get verification of the fee

It’s not like Beast FC to lie to make them look good

£15m is a decent fee for a player who is desperate to leave and one year left in his contract

Hope some Midlands based Rangers fans can get verification of the fee

It’s not like Beast FC to lie to make them look good

£15m is a decent fee for a player who is desperate to leave and one year left in his contract
I'll say it again

Pingpong:
Scotland fee reported as £11mil
Germany ~3mil plus add ons

Only time one of Celtic's bumper fees was verified was Tierney at 20odd mil. Why is that?

Barkas 6 mil when signed. After realising he is pish, oh no, we only wasted 4 mil
Taylor went from 3 to 2 under same circumstances
And on, and on

I said this from Jan onwards
He won't go for the 20mil plus that tims, their cheerleaders and a few mad bastards on here believed
I said it would be, at best, a couple of mil either side of the 9 they bought him for, but the press would report it as significantly higher.

Low and behold, Scottish press 15-18

Using the Frimpong formula from above, it will be less than 10mil upfront i am sure

Fee "reaching" something above 10 with add ons

"Undisclosed"

B-DB-D

B-DB-D
"Get back on your meds is the message from the EPL to Celtic"

I'll say it again

Pingpong:
Scotland fee reported as £11mil
Germany ~3mil plus add ons

Only time one of Celtic's bumper fees was verified was Tierney at 20odd mil. Why is that?

Barkas 6 mil when signed. After realising he is pish, oh no, we only wasted 4 mil
Taylor went from 3 to 2 under same circumstances
And on, and on

I said this from Jan onwards
He won't go for the 20mil plus that tims, their cheerleaders and a few mad bastards on here believed
I said it would be, at best, a couple of mil either side of the 9 they bought him for, but the press would report it as significantly higher.

Low and behold, Scottish press 15-18

Using the Frimpong formula from above, it will be less than 10mil upfront i am sure

Fee "reaching" something above 10 with add ons

"Undisclosed"
Let them! When they spend next to %^*& all, and the rest are padded out with loan signings.

Be interesting to see how he does in the EPL. His goal scoring is decent but he doesn’t appear to have the work rate required for the EPL.

He will either be a triumph or a disaster in the EPL.
But for a club the size of Leicester city £15 million is a gamble worth taking.
Rogers knows him and will get the best out of him.
Whether it will be good enough at the level of the EPL remains to be seen.

Any profit will soon be sooked up by the sugar daddies.
It’s quite possible that they will lose money at the end of the day due to the original transfer outlay with wages and bonuses on top and PSG having a hefty sell on clause, which is nice.

Just thinking about who they need to replace:

New goalie probably.
Ajer and Duffy out = 2 CBs in
Laxalt out = 1 LB
Kenny out = Taylor in? They'll still want a new RB
Brown out = CM in
Edouard out = CF in

So at the very least, 7 new players. It's probably more if Christie leaves.

Just thinking about who they need to replace:

New goalie probably.
Ajer and Duffy out = 2 CBs in
Laxalt out = 1 LB
Kenny out = Taylor in? They'll still want a new RB
Brown out = CM in
Edouard out = CF in

So at the very least, 7 new players. It's probably more if Christie leaves.
You're well short

Its double figures

With no bias / agenda

They have 3 keepers, one youth. All crap. One needs to be signed (minimum)

Goalies: at least one

They have no right back with Kenny loan ending. 2 right backs
They have one left back but they hate him and have tried replacing him many times. They will need at least 1 back up or first choice left back. At least 1 LB
Ajer will go 99%. Julienne isn't available until ~Nov. Welsh only fit CB who has match experience.
2-3 CBs required
Defenders 5-6 required minimum

Midfield: McGregor, Soro and McGregor only ones who count?
2-3 required for their middle 3

Strikers: Edouard going, Klimala gone, Griffiths going. Ajeti not up to task.
2-3 forwards required

Its around 12 players required best case scenario. If they want any kind of squad.

They
You're well short

Its double figures

With no bias / agenda

They have one left back but they hate him and have tried replacing him many times. They will need at least 1 back up or first choice left back. At least 1 LB
Ajer will go 99%. Julienne isn't available until ~Nov. Welsh only fit CB who has match experience.
2-3 CBs required

2-3 forwards required

Its around 12 players required best case scenario. If they want any kind of squad.
They put everything into getting the 10. I know there board knew it would prob need 1/2 years after they either got it or failed. And they were happy with the downsizing at the time thinking the support would be on the crest of a wave
However

what I don’t think they anticipated was that the league winners would get into UCL. That has now put them in a very difficult place

Edouard was going through the motions last season, but the last few months he won celtic quite a few pikts with his goals, or it could've been far worse for them

He’s good but £15M for a final year players would be a sensation deal for them.

I’ll believe it when I see it…
They will report a total using the usual propaganda method of punching the transfer fee, maximum possible add-ons, sign on fee and wages in to the Seville Calculator

They've done well to get £15m, which leaves them more than £3m 'profit' by all accounts. Not bad for a player in his last year. If nothing else it sets a marker down for Alfie - more goals at a higher level, more effort and better all round player - with 2 years to go on his contract. Simply reinforces that Rangers were correct to reject the low ball bids from Lille and lets everyone know that, if Alfie wants to move, a very substantial fee will be required.
40% of the profit goes to psg which is why it's only 3M profit.

40% of the profit goes to psg which is why it's only 3M profit.
If they bought him for £9m and sell him for £15m, with a 40% of profit sell-on fee, then PSG get £2.4m of the profit and the Dhims get £3.6m of the profit. That's all I meant by the 'more than £3m' bit mate.

Doubt they’ll get a replacement as good as him whilst being managerless and/or with the proposed target

as much as he didn’t kick his own arse last season he is a potentially decent player if he retains interest.

he’s choosing between Rodgers (who he obviously knows) and a complete unknown in the Australian fella, easy to see why he would want out

They will report a total using the usual propaganda method of punching the transfer fee, maximum possible add-ons, sign on fee and wages in to the Seville Calculator
No doubt. Big sale banked, Manager signed and delivered, what a huge week of success.

Then again, whatamess.

I’m glad he is going. A dangerous player

I rate Nisbet , however if they replace him for Eduoard then again they are already weaker.

What beast fc should have done was sold Eduoard last season and brought in Toney, rather than trying to penny pinch and chase the 9.75 at all costs.

Great for us tho , let them scramble for the replacements whilst we are already a settled team

How I understand it is PSG get 50% of anything over £9,000,000.

So IF they sell him for £15,000,000 PSG get 50% of the £6,000,000 profit so £3,000,000 and the poets get their £9,000,000 back plus £3,000,000 profit.

I’m glad he is going. A dangerous player

I rate Nisbet , however if they replace him for Eduoard then again they are already weaker.

What beast fc should have done was sold Eduoard last season and brought in Toney, rather than trying to penny pinch and chase the 9.75 at all costs.

Great for us tho , let them scramble for the replacements whilst we are already a settled team
Who is scrambling though? Their director of football or manager?

You're well short

Its double figures

With no bias / agenda

2-3 CBs required

2-3 forwards required

It’s heartening to see what a mess they have become so quickly however we must not be complacent.

They are really crying out for a manager like Clarke who will stabilise them and sort out that shambles of a defence. What a mess Lawell has left behind him. Like he has burned the whole place on the way out.

Reports today say it all but done and a fee has been agreed that will allow Celtic to gain a 3m profit for the striker.

Hopefully with the ball being on Edouards court he demands a big pay packet, after all a player in his final year can do so which results in the selling club having to lower their value. To reportedly get £15m for a player in his last year is decent business if true.

If I was a Leicester board member I would be asking questions.
£3m profit is not what the scum we’re looking for.
Incredible to dress this up as a positive.

Reports today say it all but done and a fee has been agreed that will allow Celtic to gain a 3m profit for the striker.

Hopefully with the ball being on Edouards court he demands a big pay packet, after all a player in his final year can do so which results in the selling club having to lower their value. To reportedly get £15m for a player in his last year is decent business if true.

If I was a Leicester board member I would be asking questions.
It’ll be more than that as a profit. Just with the way amortisation works. His book value wouldn’t still be 9 million, it would have depreciated with his contract so it’ll get reflected as a much bigger profit than 3 mill.

Nisbet would do well there.
Not so sure about Boyle
Boyle needs space to run into to use his pace, he won't get that playing for the scum.

Nisbet is definitely a decent player, but is a definite downgrade on Edouard.

He seems to be very inconsistent (which you'd expect from a young striker tbf), but he's been poor in a lot of Hibs bigger games.

The SC final being a perfect example.

12 league goals from a striker who was their penalty taker isn't outstanding, in a team that finished 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be interesting to see how he does in the EPL. His goal scoring is decent but he doesn’t appear to have the work rate required for the EPL.
To be fair though, Rodgers knows him so I’d expect a better performance than he gave the scum last season.

Boyle needs space to run into to use his pace, he won't get that playing for the scum.

Nisbet is definitely a decent player, but is a definite downgrade on Edouard.

He seems to be very inconsistent (which you'd expect from a young striker tbf), but he's been poor in a lot of Hibs bigger games.

The SC final being a perfect example.

12 league goals from a striker who was their penalty taker isn't outstanding, for a team that finished 3rd.
Nesbit will score goals anywhere he plays but he won’t score you the first in a 1-0 win. He is the kind of player who will rack up a hat trick in a 6-0 win at home to Ross County but not score the important ones.

It took Morelos a couple of years to get over that hurdle with us. Nesbit is not anywhere near the class of an Old Firm number 9

It’ll be more than that as a profit. Just with the way amortisation works. His book value wouldn’t still be 9 million, it would have depreciated with his contract so it’ll get reflected as a much bigger profit than 3 mill.
Yes bud, but that’s just accountant gibberish.
He cost £9m, as in the scum paid £9m.
They sell him for £15m so that’s. £6m gross profit.
Once they pay VAT and PSG’s share of the deal, £3m is probably the most they'll be left with.
Tell me where I’m wrong.

Yes bud, but that’s just accountant gibberish.
He cost £9m, as in the scum paid £9m.
They sell him for £15m so that’s. £6m gross profit.
Once they pay VAT and PSG’s share of the deal, £3m is probably the most they'll be left with.
Tell me where I’m wrong.
In the simplest sense you’re right mate but it just doesn’t quite work like that, which is why when clubs end of years/mid year accounts come out it doesn’t seem to quite add up. Basically it accounts for the value left on their contract otherwise clubs books would be much higher than they’re actually worth, given a player tends to cost less the less time there is on their contract. This just accounts for that

VAT does apply, but it’s not a cost to either club, so that £15m will be the amount paid net of any taxes.

£15m is about what I thought they’d get for him, which considering they’d have got significantly more if they’d sold him at the right time, is another result for us.
FFS, you’ve lost me here.
If there’s a tax to pay, or any other outgoing, surely it’s a cost.

If i was celtic i would just do what happened to them with Duffy. Loan him to Leicester for his full wage plus a 150k per week loan fee. They make more money, Leicester get the player cheaper. Risk to them is he doesnt sign a pre contract with them in January.

FFS, you’ve lost me here.
If there’s a tax to pay, or any other outgoing, surely it’s a cost.
Football clubs can recover the VAT they’re charged on their purchases because they charge VAT on all their sales.

Say we buy a player from Liverpool for £5m. Liverpool would charge us £5m plus VAT (£1m). We’d pay Liverpool £6m and they’d pay the £1m of VAT to HMRC. We’d then claim £1m of VAT from HMRC.

It seems a bit pointless because the VAT basically goes in a circle, but that’s just the way the system works.

How I understand it is PSG get 50% of anything over £9,000,000.

So IF they sell him for £15,000,000 PSG get 50% of the £6,000,000 profit so £3,000,000 and the poets get their £9,000,000 back plus £3,000,000 profit.
Yes. £3m profit. A year ago folk were talking of 10s millions. And he has cost plenty in wages and they didn’t win their 10. It’s a massive let down for them.

In context we will make 15m plus profit on Alfredo & 10m on Glen.

Football clubs can recover the VAT they’re charged on their purchases because they charge VAT on all their sales.

Say we buy a player from Liverpool for £5m. Liverpool would charge us £5m plus VAT (£1m). We’d pay Liverpool £6m and they’d pay the £1m of VAT to HMRC. We’d then claim £1m of VAT from HMRC.

It seems a bit pointless because the VAT basically goes in a circle, but that’s just the way the system works.
This reads like the taxman gets nothing!
Rangers to Liverpool to HMRC to Rangers?
There has got to be something for the taxman!

A case of lies, damned lies and statistics as somewhere along the line the real world will hit this deal. Whatever they get will, presumably, be paid over the term of the contract with Leicester. On this basis there is no big immediate cash inflow coming their way. A drop in salary costs that will also be effected by whatever payoff they require to give the player which presumably will be a full and final up front settlement.

The real downsizing may just be about to start!

Back