Brendan Rogers helps celtic bank £3m on Edouard

Gio#56

Reports today say it all but done and a fee has been agreed that will allow Celtic to gain a 3m profit for the striker.

Hopefully with the ball being on Edouards court he demands a big pay packet, after all a player in his final year can do so which results in the selling club having to lower their value. To reportedly get £15m for a player in his last year is decent business if true.

If I was a Leicester board member I would be asking questions.

I get why we'll be laughing about the fee, if true, given previous reports and numbers thrown around, but it's still a decent wedge as you say.

I do wonder though - VAT applies to transfers within the UK, yeah? If that £15m includes that, the fee would only be £12.5m.

I don't know why any manager would look at his enthusiasm and attitude this season and think that's a player I want in my squad. Fair enough if Rodgers thinks that's worth ignoring.

In all honesty, that's a cracking deal for Leicester. £15m is pennies in that league.

On the Celtic side of it, a £3m return on a £9m signing just about sums about their transfer policy the past couple of years. It'll be a laugh watching these idiots trying to make the £9m banked betweeen him and Ajer do the same work as the £50m they had in their head for that pair.

So that is 12 million in the kitty for the rebuild? Add to that Ajer's reported 6 million from Newcastle. And I'm sure every penny will go the rebuild and not disappear into oblivion. And even if they did that wont get them a lot of quality with no recruitment in place currently. Even the most optimistic fan of theirs feels they need at least 8 new players.

I wonder why they are chasing a manager with no history of spending decent money on players.

Reports today say it all but done and a fee has been agreed that will allow Celtic to gain a 3m profit for the striker.

Hopefully with the ball being on Edouards court he demands a big pay packet, after all a player in his final year can do so which results in the selling club having to lower their value. To reportedly get £15m for a player in his last year is decent business if true.

If I was a Leicester board member I would be asking questions.
£15m with one year left is unusual.

I assume £300k goes to PSG?

Probably the 2 worst players on the park in the SC Final.

If those signings are true, then they are seriously downsizing.
I know Nisbet has potential but I'm not buying the hype at all MU.

Both he and Boyle while very capable on their day,lack any sort of consistency to suggest they would cope with the pressure of performing week in,week out for either of the Old Firm as is required.

Hivs will want a fair wedge for them as well I'd imagine,I hope they do go down this route.

So that is 12 million in the kitty for the rebuild? Add to that Ajer's reported 6 million from Newcastle. And I'm sure every penny will go the rebuild and not disappear into oblivion. And even if they did that wont get them a lot of quality with no recruitment in place currently. Even the most optimistic fan of theirs feels they need at least 8 new players.

I wonder why they are chasing a manager with no history of spending decent money on players.
Yokohoma will surely be looking for more compensation now before they release the greatest manager in the known universe?

Back