Brentford FC's New Stadium - a drone flyover

interesting, my old office (Worley Parsons) immediately behind the section where they haven’t started work yet. There was talk back then (2010) that the football ground would move there. Good few bears working in the WP office at the time too...

interesting, my old office (Worley Parsons) immediately behind the section where they haven’t started work yet. There was talk back then (2010) that the football ground would move there. Good few bears working in the WP office at the time too...

I’m at a loss as to how it fits in there.

The train line is literally within a meter of it.

When standing in the office, it looked to me like they wouldn’t even build a final 4th stand to it.

Must be some engineering feat not to disrupt the train line and also the office foundations.

The footprint is tiny.

Access and egress will be a nightmare.

I’m a little bit lost as to why they picked that site. It’s tiny.

Looks a bit tin pot to me.

Brentford are only a wee team showing some ambition. Price of land in London must take up a huge wack of build cost. They are what they are and having Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and the wee QPR as neighbours will make it difficult attracting new supporters.

Good luck to the Bees of NW Londinium.

That will be smart once finished . Certainly different to the generic bowls we are seeing going up like Wembley and Arsenal .

I've been driving past the site for a couple of years since it was known they were moving there, and have wondered how they were going to fit a stadium in there.

Now they've started building, it still looks a very tight squeeze, but they've managed it. Almost 1000 flats too, added to the sale of the old park, I wonder how the figures work out. Must be close to a clean swap, if not a profit.

Good on them, and good luck to them.

I've been driving past the site for a couple of years since it was known they were moving there, and have wondered how they were going to fit a stadium in there.

Now they've started building, it still looks a very tight squeeze, but they've managed it. Almost 1000 flats too, added to the sale of the old park, I wonder how the figures work out. Must be close to a clean swap, if not a profit.

Good on them, and good luck to them.

Are they building a pub on each corner like Griffin park.:)

I attended a game there v Wolves last season it was a decent standard good luck to the Bees in their new stadium.

It's decent for a club their size.

Plenty of Scottish clubs would jump at the chance of a new 17,250 all seater stadium.

Can't see any reason to criticise this effort to grow a club.

I’m at a loss as to how it fits in there.

The train line is literally within a meter of it.

When standing in the office, it looked to me like they wouldn’t even build a final 4th stand to it.

Must be some engineering feat not to disrupt the train line and also the office foundations.

The North Stand will be built with the rear literally on the boundary fence at the railway. A 3mtr clearance will be left under the back of the stand to allow the tv vans etc access.

Griffin Park is probably the most old school ground I've been to that's currently still in use. They will never get that character in a new stadium.

Brentford are only a wee team showing some ambition. Price of land in London must take up a huge wack of build cost. They are what they are and having Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and the wee QPR as neighbours will make it difficult attracting new supporters.

Good luck to the Bees of NW Londinium.
Agreed. I went to their old stadium last season and by God the new one is bound to be an improvement.

Interbears played a load of games against the Brentford supporters over 2000-2008 or so and they were a cracking bunch of people. I wish them all the best in everything they do.

Well done the architect and builders.

They had what seems to be a triangular piece of land, with railway and roads making it impossible to go outside the boundaries.

Easier to grasp if you Google it and watch the drone videos. It opens next season.

Interesting as we also have restrictions : they can be overcome.

Moneyball transfers and deals for old stadium said on commentary stadium paid off already. 42 Millom profit in transfers, yet must be frustrating losing best players.

Here is the latest video of it

I think the stadium is horrendous looking. I know their hands were tied trying to squeeze it in to a small space but it is horrid.

Back