Brentford

ClubDeckBear

Performing so well this season. I think they play very similarly to us but they maybe move the ball a bit quicker. It's something I'd like to see us do when we're back. Beating Derby 1-0 away from home right now. They'll go and get pumped now I've said this but either way great team to watch.

Didn't they ditch their youth academy to develop released Premiership youth for their first team?

Performing so well this season. I think they play very similarly to us but they maybe move the ball a bit quicker. It's something I'd like to see us do when we're back. Beating Derby 1-0 away from home right now. They'll go and get pumped now I've said this but either way great team to watch.
I hope not, they're first up on my accy.

It’s weird. When Warburton was in charge it looked like they were punching well above their weight but they’ve clearly kicked on.

They are essentially a third or fourth tier, Mickey Mouse, West London club with a tiny fanbase who demonstrate what a bit of investment and a decent structure can achieve.

The new Bournemouth?

Easy on the eye, but we're a good bit better than any of the teams in that division.

Brentford's owner owns a company that provides data for millionaires to gamble for profit.

Whilst a small club, their access to in depth data analytics is probably beyond and ahead of what the biggest teams have in place.

Last edited:
I know a few diehard Brentford fans. They really know their football and all seem to have a big soft spot for Rangers. Unlike fans of other small teams I have come across they always seem to know their place in the football world. A decent bunch.

What a strike.

Brentford definitely keeping the pressure on WBA and Leeds.

My earliest memory of them is my father used to always pick them for a draw in the coupon
Years later I lived in Ealing so they were my local team. A few of the lads in the Sunday League team I played in were fans. Good lads so I always had a soft spot for them. Never thought I'd see them in the top division

hoping Brentford can catch West Brom and go up with Leeds

not a problem with WBA but I'd rather some new teams in the PL rather than the same ones. Not exactly "new" in Leeds case but they haven't been in the top flight for a long time

Brentford are quality and good to watch, I hope they get promotion to be fair, and they are right up Leeds and WBA arses as well so still in with a chance of getting automatic promotion for sure.

Benrahma, Mbeumo and Watkins are a great top 3.

Brentford are quality and good to watch, I hope they get promotion to be fair, and they are right up Leeds and WBA arses as well so still in with a chance of getting automatic promotion for sure.

Benrahma, Mbeumo and Watkins are a great top 3.

Definitely the team you'd want to avoid in the playoffs.

Definitely the team you'd want to avoid in the playoffs.
Absolutely, they are flying at the moment.

Klich was interviewed after last weekend and said he expects them to win all their remaining 5 games so it's vital Leeds do the same.

I expect them to see out Derby today so there's 2 wins, and they have Preston (H), Stoke (A) and Barnsley (H) - genuinely think they will stroll it to be honest!

They shoot for goal while we fuuk about with a second touch.

Noo if we could cut that out.

Leeds and West Brom must be worried big time . They need to keep winning or it’s the playoffs

If Leeds win their home games v Barnsley and Charlton then we need a point at either Derby or Swansea. Tight indeed. Have to say Brentford play great football.

They'll move to new stadium next season. Capacity just over 17k. Less than a mile away from Griffin Park so still near plenty of pubs and even closer to the Thames. As others have said they have a proper support and no sign of the sandwich brigade who have ruined the other London clubs. .

The playoffs should be a real dog fight. Fulham are in good form too, and Nottingham Forest are playing well.

Brentford's owner owns a company that provides data for millionaires to gamble for profit.

Whilst a small club, there access to in depth data analytics is probably beyond and ahead of what the biggest teams have in place.
That's interesting. Working for them anyway. Think they're guaranteed playoffs if they get another 3 points.

I don't think we need to aspire to play like Brentford. We'd hammer them.
I didn't mean it like that, we have better players, we're in the knockouts of UEFA cup simply we are a better team. WATP mate. Doesn't mean we can't improve some aspects of our play. IMO they play a similar way to us, 433 high press high line higher fullbacks narrow forwards but they move the ball quicker than we do which I feel we could do better at home against the 10 man defences.

I didn't mean it like that, we have better players, we're in the knockouts of UEFA cup simply we are a better team. WATP mate. Doesn't mean we can't improve some aspects of our play. IMO they move the ball quicker than we do which I feel we could do better at home against the 10 man defences.

Absolutely mate. Wasnt really at the OP- I think it's great to see them punching so far above their weight and hope they go up.

Since Matthew Benham took over they've gone from strength to strength. It would be remarkable if they made the EPL. I wouldn't bet against them staying up either.

Benham also has the majority stake in FC Midtyjlland and uses the same model of data analytics there (to great effect).

I didn't mean it like that, we have better players, we're in the knockouts of UEFA cup simply we are a better team. WATP mate. Doesn't mean we can't improve some aspects of our play. IMO they play a similar way to us, 433 high press high line higher fullbacks narrow forwards but they move the ball quicker than we do which I feel we could do better at home against the 10 man defences.

this was the thing that did my head in last year. When we move the ball quickly, we were ripping teams a new one. For some reason January onwards, the pace dropped right down, and we got the pedestrian side to side pish that 10 men behind the ball teams lap up as they can move across and organise.

Back