Brentford

Watched the highlights this morning, that was some goal Benrahma scored yesterday - he's getting better every week.

He will definitely be playing in the Prem next season, whether it's with Brentford or someone else I don't know.

I can actually seeing him getting a move even if Brentford do get promoted.

Great to watch. The scouting/transfer policy is absolutely top notch.

Would love them to go up alongside Leeds. What a story - first season in new stadium as an EPL side.

Their commemorative kit for the old stadium is a thing of beauty as well.

I take it you mean Leeds.

Rangers would win the Championship by a distance, as would the mentally challengeds, Porto, Braga, Feyenoord, Young Boys etc.

I never understand the over confidence that says we’d win the English Championship let alone skoosh it.

We struggled against the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone and Hearts this season and I’m pretty sure no one thinks any of them are even good enough to survive in the second tier down there.

I’d say every single club in the Championship is of a better standard than any in the SPFL outwith ourselves and the Rabble.

How would we cope with that level of sustained competition every week? It would be at a level we haven’t been used to in years, decades even.

Personally I think we’d struggle to get out of the Championship and it could take us a few years before we did.

I never understand the over confidence that says we’d win the English Championship let alone skoosh it.

We struggled against the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone and Hearts this season and I’m pretty sure no one thinks any of them are even good enough to survive in the second tier down there.

I’d say every single club in the Championship is of a better standard than any in the SPFL outwith ourselves and the Rabble.

How would we cope with that level of sustained competition every week? It would be at a level we haven’t been used to in years, decades even.

Personally I think we’d struggle to get out of the Championship and it could take us a few years before we did.

So no mention of the teams we beat last season that are a level above anything in the Championship (as we are).

I know it's been a decade since we last played an English team competitively, but people on here were saying the exact same thing back then about how we would struggle to get out the Championship and we've gone to Old Trafford and drawn with a top class Man Utd team in the Champions League.

I can understand English people talking up the quality of their second league but I've seen too many bang average Scots who struggled at our club (and others) go down there and stand out to believe the hype.

So no mention of the teams we beat last season that are a level above anything in the Championship (as we are).

I know it's been a decade since we last played an English team competitively, but people on here were saying the exact same thing back then about how we would struggle to get out the Championship and we've gone to Old Trafford and drawn with a top class Man Utd team in the Champions League.

I can understand English people talking up the quality of their second league but I've seen too many bang average Scots who struggled at our club (and others) go down there and stand out to believe the hype.

And some bears even moaned about that result at Old Trafford :))

Best team in the championship by far and they'll take the second automatic spot ahead of West Brom. Will be very interesting to see how they get on in the PL. Frank has done a brilliant job with them. Have family who are Fulham fans, so I'd like to see them going up via the play offs.

I think the Championship has done the classic so overrated that it's now underrated. Brentford and Leeds are very good sides

Would like to see them getting a crack at the Prem. Be interesting if they changed their ‘money ball’ approach

Europe are knockout games - lower league sides beat Premiership teams on occasion, it doesn’t mean they could sustain it over an entire season.

Three points behind with a far better GD. WBA play Fulham on Tuesday other than that their fixtures look very winnable. Huddersfield(a) QPR(h).

Brentford have PNE(h), Stoke(h) Barnsley(h). The way they are playing at the moment nine points there looks a real possibility.
They do not have 3 home games left. PNE at home is still a tough game, more so now with no support behind them, and away to Stoke is not a given.

Cannot see them making auto promotion tbh and being play off favourites is never good lol.

Performing so well this season. I think they play very similarly to us but they maybe move the ball a bit quicker. It's something I'd like to see us do when we're back. Beating Derby 1-0 away from home right now. They'll go and get pumped now I've said this but either way great team to watch.
Been a great run buy I think they will run out of matches!

Fair play to them for closing down what was a gap of double figures(iirc) at one point, to three points.
They may run out of games, but they have the form of champions, and one more slip from (I suspect) West Brom; and they`ll be waiting to take advantage.
To everyone outwith fans of the top two, it would be great to see them get promotion in the final season at Griffin Park.
As predicted! :)
Huddersfield 2 West Brom 1 FT
It`s in your own hands, Brentford. :cool:

Fuck West Brom. Can not stand yo-yo teams like them who offer absolutely fuck all when they go up.

Hoping Brentford can do this and then Forest go up in playoffs
Bang on for me as well - hope to see Forest go up alongside Leeds and Brentford.

Incidentally I think Brentford will cuff Stoke today but we shall see.

Brentford Goal Difference is already 12 better than WBA so really they only need 4 points from these last 2 games to go up.

With Barnsley at home in the last game a draw today wouldn’t be the worst result in the world for them today.

Stoke have started pretty well.

Adopted Fulham as my 2nd team when living in London. If it stays like this they are in with a shot of automatic promotion at least

Definitely so not just in Scotland linesman are ‘blind’ or spineless!
Close, but onside when the original shot was hit from the edge of the box. Clear as day when you freeze it as the shot was hit, defenders back foot keeps the poacher onside.

Would like to see Brentford join Leeds in the automatic spot. I also think it’d be great to see someone like Millwall grab the last playoff place and come up via that route.

Just something like that yeah, just something different. It gets a bit boring when you see West Brom, Norwich Fulham etc get promoted, have a shocking season and get relegated, then repeat the cycle again.

Draws have killed west brom. They should be miles clear with that squad. Bilic really isn't all that.

Think them and leeds will both bottle it and the two west london clubs will snatch the automatic places.

Also, it's a shame we arent allowed fans at games as we could potentially be in line for cardiff/Swansea or a west London derby in the playoffs.

What’s that you were saying mystic meg?

This is the first time all season I’ve seen Brentford and they’ve been really poor. I’m sure they’re capable of a lot better but they’re a fraction of the Leeds side based on this performance.

Back