Brian Kennedy in 2012

HiHi Bear

Watching Madeleine McCann series on Netflix and Kennedy gets involved
Recall he was around when we were looking for assistance in our time of need
What was his involvement?

Pal of Souness - decent chap and I was in contact with him daily for a good while until Duff and Duffer pulled the plug on Paul Murray's bid.

It still boils my piss thinking about how complicit Duff and Phelps were in ensuring we fell into the hands of the folk that were going to ensure we were liquidated. The bastards from D&P involved with the Rangers situation should be locked up.

Being saved from liquidation was simply never an option regardless of what offer was on the table.

I remember Kennedy’s lackie would post on here regularly and would often tease by saying stuff like “today would be the day”

It still boils my piss thinking about how complicit Duff and Phelps were in ensuring we fell into the hands of the folk that were going to ensure we were liquidated. The bastards from D&P involved with the Rangers situation should be locked up.

Being saved from liquidation was simply never an option regardless of what offer was on the table.
D&P were Mike Ashley’s administrators of choice....he used them many times before to get his hands on brands for as low a price as possible.

A stitch up from the start.

We are very fortunate to be in the position we are in just now.

Pal of Souness - decent chap and I was in contact with him daily for a good while until Duff and Duffer pulled the plug on Paul Murray's bid.
Talking about people there were interested in buying us remember the American guy that made I think tractors/trucks what ever happened to him? and how seriously was he interested?

Talking about people there were interested in buying us remember the American guy that made I think tractors/trucks what ever happened to him? and how seriously was he interested?

Seems a lifetime ago but at the same time indelibly burned into our minds as a period of sheer unsettling uncertainty, just hoping for a well intentioned buyer . It’s such a relief to be where we are now .

I remember Kennedy’s lackie would post on here regularly and would often tease by saying stuff like “today would be the day”

His moniker was “bainer”, he was pretty well received from what I remember but I think we all just wanted someone that would give us some good news

He owned sale sharks. His strategy from the start was to raise their profile and build a top team to then sell on for a profit which I believe he successfully done. At our time of need all things considered it wouldn't have been a bad appointment and strategy to adopt. Rumour had it that he actually flew into Glasgow airport believing it was a done deal to be turned away by D&P.

Probably the lowest I felt during our times of trouble, was realising this administration process was a sham when D&P put Chuckles Green’s consortium in pole position.

We’ll never know how things would have panned out with Kennedy and the “Blue Knights”, but I’m sure they wouldn’t have stripped us bare like those spiv bastards.

His moniker was “bainer”, he was pretty well received from what I remember but I think we all just wanted someone that would give us some good news
We were all desperate for good news at the time and Bainer seemed to indicate that Kennedy was interested in taking over however it was always going to be blocked.

Bill Miller was announced as the preferred bidder. We all thought we had a new owner, he was even featured in the programme (Cannae remember against who, but I've got it somewhere). He wrote the Chairman's page, saying how proud etc, then a few days later, apparently looked closer at the books and changed his mind. Who knows if that woulda been better, though it could hardly have turned out worse than what actually transpired.

Bill Miller was announced as the preferred bidder. We all thought we had a new owner, he was even featured in the programme (Cannae remember against who, but I've got it somewhere). He wrote the Chairman's page, saying how proud etc, then a few days later, apparently looked closer at the books and changed his mind. Who knows if that woulda been better, though it could hardly have turned out worse than what actually transpired.

I've no recollection of any chat about him being in the programme. Can you find it mate? That'd be really interesting.

It was him with the "oldco incubator" idea eh?

I've no recollection of any chat about him being in the programme. Can you find it mate? That'd be really interesting.

It was him with the "oldco incubator" idea eh?
Aye.

It wasn't very well received by some at the time:
_60100489_miller_protest1_sns.jpg

That was the realization that the whole thing was a stitch up and another dark era was about to unfold right round the corner. The administrators were in on it from the beginning that so blatantly obvious when they handed the keys over to fucking Green and the other spivs.

The whole saga still sickens and riles me to this day.

One day the whole truth will eventually come out I think.

That was the realization that the whole thing was a stitch up and another dark era was about to unfold right round the corner. The administrators were in on it from the beginning that so blatantly obvious when they handed the keys over to fucking Green and the other spivs.

The whole saga still sickens and riles me to this day.

One day the whole truth will eventually come out I think.
I don't know if the truth ever will come out.
However, the club was sunk and there is little doubt that there were many influences desperate to use all at their disposal to sink us.
The Scottish press with people like Tom Irish daily exaggerating the size of the tax bill was one of the most harmful aspects of the entire false poisoned scenario that was built around the club's plight in order to scare away investors and to make our financial position far more toxic than it should have been.

Certainly, there were people in the Inland Revenue who harmed the club and we are seeing evidence of this arise recently if not the names of the individuals concerned.

The word conspiracy is one that accrues a lot of scorn, however, in the modern world with its unique avenues for spreading information and harnessing self-interest community action, like minded people can come together without any particular planning to do community harm to something that they dislike.
There isn't a 19th Century Terrorist mind on the planet that doesn't get juiced up over the opportunity to do Rangers or our own community harm when the occasion arises or their position in public or private office affords them the power to do so.

Kennedy was a no nonsense guy who was part of a genuine team ready to take over. He and his consortium were royally shafted by D & P and in the interview his realisation of this is painfully apparent.

There were two Americans. Bill Miller, the trucking dude, and Robert Sarvar, who owns the Phoenix Suns and ended up buying RCD Mallorca instead.
I remember Robert sarvar was quite disappointed when that come came off if I mind right. Miller was the one i couldn't remember

Makes you wonder why Kennedy has never came back in and invested
Good point was Dave King not part of a consortium with a take over bid at that time aswell or I'm I remembering things incorrectly

He owned sale sharks. His strategy from the start was to raise their profile and build a top team to then sell on for a profit which I believe he successfully done. At our time of need all things considered it wouldn't have been a bad appointment and strategy to adopt. Rumour had it that he actually flew into Glasgow airport believing it was a done deal to be turned away by D&P.

Ask Stockport County fans their opinion.

Makes you wonder why Kennedy has never came back in and invested
Brian always made it clear he was a buyer of last resort. He wasn’t a Rangers fan although I believe his wife’s side are. He was stepping in to prevent a great Scottish institution going under.
He will be quite happy with the guys now in charge.
For what it’s worth I don’t think we would be where we are now with him in charge as he wouldn’t have been prepared to front load the investment the way DK and T3B have.
He would have had a far more cautious approach with a sustainable business model from the start and I am not sure how well that would have been accepted by the fans.

Back