Brian Reid.New Albion Rovers Manager

I could knock together a better website and might get them to pay( a small fee) for it.

If fact a lot of people on here could.

He bought my parents house in Cambuslang, I was shagging a girl he then started seeing in the early 90’s . Well to be fair she dropped me for him.
Aye he was a former Paisley Grammar Pupil, him and Dr Who David Tennant were at the school at the same time.:)

I go to see the Rovers when I can, to be fair there is a fair number of Protestants i know who support them.
Good luck to Brian it is a thankless job

Last signing Souness made for Rangers, little known fact.
Had that question in a quiz the other night............never got the answer. :))
High hopes for him when he signed but injury done him out of a chance to show what he could do. Think he only played a handful of games.
Good luck to him.....he’s going to need it.

Good luck to him. My Grandad was from the Coatbridge area originally before moving to Brand Street, and he always had a soft spot for Albion Rovers.

Last time I saw Kevin Harper he was trying to sell me a car in Arnold Shark on South Street.
I didn’t buy anything off him.

I met him at the Paisley fair at Barshaw Park when he was injured. Always thought he would go on to be a great centre half, sadly he never fully recovered. A really nice guy to me and my mates. Best of British to the big man.

He wasnt the most mobile of players.
Maybe a back up signing at the time.

No, he was being seen as the natural partner to Gough, and would have been the no1 CH/captain when Gough left or retired. Def. seen as one of the important players for the 90s. Sadly injury intervened. Didn't move until 1996 I think. Last played for us start of the 95-96 season.

No, he was being seen as the natural partner to Gough, and would have been the no1 CH/captain when Gough left or retired. Def. seen as one of the important players for the 90s. Sadly injury intervened. Didn't move until 1996 I think. Last played for us start of the 95-96 season.
Surprising i must admit.
Gough was there another 6 years after Reid came.
Thought he was pretty heavy from the arse down.

I have a completely irrational hatred of Albion Rovers. I’m not entirely sure why, think it’s mainly because their name sounds like a team you’d see on a football related birthday card you’d get from an uncle you’ve never seen.

Well, they're fucked next year. He is brutal and near ruined Stranraer. Folk down that way don't have any time for him.

absolutely not and my second team
Have you been in the stadium? Their lounge is named after Jock Stein, they play the mentally challengeds youth team every in a friendly and they have more Celt*c pictures on the wall than I could count. It's Coatbridge which I haven't had to set foot in for 30 years thankfully.

Have you been in the stadium? Their lounge is named after Jock Stein, they play the mentally challengeds youth team every in a friendly and they have more Celt*c pictures on the wall than I could count. It's Coatbridge which I haven't had to set foot in for 30 years thankfully.
Well Stein played for them tbf.

also if they play celtic youth teams maybe they know there will be more of a crowd hence more cash for them.

i went to school and lived in Coatbridge for many years and can vouch for a good few rovers supporters

Back