Brighton and Hove Albion club song - Good Old Sussex By The Sea

It has a distinct Dad's Army feel IMO.

It's weird that they have a song with the word gay being used in it's original meaning, given the fact that Brighton prides itself on it's LBGT population.

They are a strange bunch down that way though, my mate moved down to Lewes (a couple of miles from The Amex) a couple of years ago. It's all a bit hipster /metropolitan leftie down from London superiority complex.

Lewes is redeemed by how seriously they take their Bonfire Celebrations though. Every year they burn an effigy of the paedophilic-in chief from Rome.

I spent 14 years in West Sussex, Horsham, and it's a lovely county. Brighton, however, in my opinion is a shithole full of lefties, weirdos and luvvy types. Best to be avoided.

My County of birth.

Brighton is a bit of a kaleidoscope of human beings of all persuasions.

In the 70's and 80's it was common to see groups of lads down West Street going round gay bashing.

West Street still best avoided :D

It also gets played and sung at Sussex County Cricket games, although with the words slightly altered.

My County of birth.

Brighton is a bit of a kaleidoscope of human beings of all persuasions.

In the 70's and 80's it was common to see groups of lads down West Street going round gay bashing.

West Street still best avoided :D
I my youth, I saw a lad die from a broken bottle slashing on West Street. Best avoided, as you say.

At Pompey we’ve played this for as long as I can remember
Luckily without the dancers

Back