Brilliant quote from helander

No one should ever be guaranteed a game. Every minute should be a joy and an honour. If u can’t handle the pressures in a professional manner then probably not the club for u.
Well said Fil!

If you read Gerrard's autobiography, you get a sense of what it takes to be the best under such competition; what he's created at Rangers reflects what he had at Liverpool as a young player, and we are now seeing the consistency such a thing will inevitably bring.

If the jersey is too heavy for some then they won’t be entitled to wear it, but Fil is 100% correct in that competition is a very good thing, it also helps that he has some excellent competition in Balogun and Katic, and even Goldson himself. The big man has been a colossus for us at times.

I’m very excited for Tomorrow, it’s the start of a new era of success and dominance at the club and it seems like all who are here are embracing that idea. We won’t get anywhere with players who are 80% committed so it’s good to hear Fil talk about competition and fighting for places. Keeps them all on their toes.

Gerrard really created something at Ibrox.
Players talking like this proves it, they love being here and fighting for their place.
And apart from the usual media circus around Alfredo i dont recall any player saying they are unhappy at the club or that they want to leave. This for me says it all about how they are being treated.

If you read Gerrard's autobiography, you get a sense of what it takes to be the best under such competition; what he's created at Rangers reflects what he had at Liverpool as a young player, and we are now seeing the consistency such a thing will inevitably bring.
I listened to the audio book version just after he was appointed manager. His desire to win and how much he hates losing comes through strongly as well as his ambition to be the best he can be. Well worth a read or listen.

Balogun basically said the same thing the other day. As long as they are treated fairly and honestly they are all prepared to work for the team and take their chance when it comes.

I can't see our management team as being anything other than honest and inclusive in keeping everyone involved and motivated.
We are absolutely 100% where we are because of the professionalism and single minded determination of our management team.

That’s what it means to have a born winner and British football icon as the focal point of the club.

Everything comes from that.

In that podcast shared with Balogun recently I'm sure he says something about wishing he'd been in that sort of environment earlier with the demands to win every game, the expectation, the pressure and standards. I am paraphrasing of course, but that is what he was alluding to.

Last edited:
One of the things that has stood out for me is just how together the squad is...No egos acting the big I am...All the team protecting each other during games and joining in the celebrations when goals are scored.

They are all proud to represent Rangers.

Gerrard has managed to do what so many great players fail to do, when they move into management, and that is put is commitment and mentality into his players, show them the commitment and attitude it takes to be a top player.
If you want to be the best there are sacrifices to make, this is what it takes “be the best version of yourself” or you are at the wrong club.

Gerrard has managed to do what so many great players fail to do, when they move into management, and that is put is commitment and mentality into his players, show them the commitment and attitude it takes to be a top player.
If you want to be the best there are sacrifices to make, this is what it takes “be the best version of yourself” or you are at the wrong club.
Gerrard has installed that attitude and mentality throughout the playing squad and the club. There is certainly a feeling around the club that everyone, from employees to the team, and directors, that they all are working together, and feeding off that attitude.

That last quote. That's one for for the training ground wall. :cool:

Back