Brilliant Vlog from Villa Fan!

What a game to experience for the lad fair play for the megabus shift also although in sure the journey back down was a lot easier after that!

With regards to his comments about the Main Stand. I have said for years that I wish we could get the TV cameras into the Sandy Jardine, so that it is shown more often. It's an incredible looking stand outside and inside, and should be on show more. Plus the bonus of not seeing away fans on coverage aswell.

Heard loads of English accents at the games recently. I know we've always had our English brothers at the games but I think Stevie G has brought us a new generation of support with him

I work with an English guy from a catholic family, went to a catholic school here, altar boy and everything and he's loving Rangers right now. Granted he's a Liverpool fan and will obviously take an interest in Stevie G but he couldn't wait to talk to me on Friday morning about the Braga game. It's amazing the difference between them up there and the ones down here. We always have our 10-15min chat in the morning about the football. I'm doing a great job of educating him :))

Fair play to the guy travelling all that way and it’s always nice to see someone be complimentary about the club. Can also see the benefits this brings r.e exposure but does anyone else feel uneasy about these vloggers?
I don’t want to be at Ibrox giving it laldy and end up plastered on YouTube for the world to see :D
I’m probably just an old c*nt though, hate the culture of everything having to be filmed these days

I don't disagree but it is what it is these days, remember how your parents felt about punk or rave culture!

It is great for those of us who can't get to these night to live vicariously, even if it is only 20% of the real thing.

Really enjoyed that. Nothing can beat the whole stadium belting out Derry's Walls tbh, that roar... Unreal.

Great video.Captures the chaos of the comeback so well. Shows what a difference we can make when get behind the team and roar them on.

A lot of English football fans from all clubs like the Gers.

Hands across the border 3 cheers for the red white and blue.

The Union We Must Maintain.

Scottish British and Proud.

The video was great. Loved it. Really captured the atmosphere from last night.

Although (excluding the usual mentally challenged responses on his Instagram) there was one Villa fan pointing out that he shouldn’t have come to see us because of ‘sick Saturday’ in 1976.

I was born in 1989 so couldn’t have told you the first thing about that day. But reading the newspapers from that day... it basically just makes us out to be thugs.

Aaanyway... nice to see neutral fans at our games giving us, the atmosphere and Ibrox rave reviews. Long may it continue, and what a pity some people go through life holding such a grudge. (I mean, England invaded Scotland and we don’t hold a grudge :)) )
I was at that game mate,bet it doent say anything about the villa fan who ran the length of the pitch wae a tricolour and all the celtic flags in there end the place was polluted wae tims that day.

I was at that game mate,bet it doent say anything about the villa fan who ran the length of the pitch wae a tricolour and all the celtic flags in there end the place was polluted wae tims that day.
Strange how poets don’t bring up other things from 20/30/40 years ago.

On the verge of sounding like Si Ferry but I’ll ask anyway... must’ve been some buzz, eh?

Changed days now.

I was there as well in 1976. Here's a flavour of what it was like...

Heard loads of English accents at the games recently. I know we've always had our English brothers at the games but I think Stevie G has brought us a new generation of support with him
There’s also an awful lot like me who are Scottish but lost the accent having moved as a kid. And I know lots of Bears who like most of us are Bears because it’s in the blood. English birth certificates but Rangers because of parents.

The amount of RSCs down south is unreal and the memberships are huge. I used to worry about my accent at Ibrox when I was younger but quickly realised no need.

But yeah, SG and post 2012, we’ve picked up a lot of followers.

I was at Villa Park that day mate. Seriously mental.
Birmingham fans used to sing about that when we played Villa, to the tune of Glory Glory Hallelujah. The Kop referred to is the St Andrews one not anfield BTW, after a mental "friendly" against Celtic at Birmingham which I was at.
"Celtic tried to take the Kop but Rangers took the Holte
And the Blues go marching on on on".
I can't bring myself to watch this video yet just because the kid is a Vile fan. :)

It was. I was only 15 so I was a kid but Rangers had a seriously heavy squad in those days.

The usual Villa idiots tried to wind the bears up with their Irish flags & IRA taunts.

Let’s just say they regretted it:D
Villa fans were doing that, singing about the IRA one year after the Birmingham pub bombings which killed 21 people in their city? Fucking scumbags, I never knew that. Gives me even more reason to hate them as if I didn't have enough already. Blues fans consider the city to be blue and villa fans to be tourists from Staffordshire and Worcestershire BTW.

Villa fans were doing that, singing about the IRA one year after the Birmingham pub bombings which killed 21 people in their city? Fucking scumbags, I never knew that. Gives me even more reason to hate them as if I didn't have enough already. Blues fans consider the city to be blue and villa fans to be tourists from Staffordshire and Worcestershire BTW.

They regretted it AKOB,

The bears took over the Holt End & then later in the match when it got heated ran at them at the other end. They tried to run out of the park but it seemed like there were bears waiting outside because they then ran back in.

Mad stuff:D

Fantastic vlog. Really enjoyed that.

Like many others, literally tears welling up in my eyes watching those scenes after the winner.

What a night. Just brilliant. So pleased for the Villa lads who got to see that as their first ever experience of Ibrox.

And if you’re reading this, our English brothers and sisters are always welcome at Ibrox. Haste ye back. :)

They regretted it AKOB,

The bears took over the Holt End & then later in the match when it got heated ran at them at the other end. They tried to run out of the park but it seemed like there were bears waiting outside because they then ran back in.

I read a Duran Duran interview in the 80's. "Scariest moment - Being chased by "angry" Glasgow Rangers fans after a "friendly" at Villa Park"

They regretted it AKOB,

also remember the polis carrying out crates of screwtaps,by the time they got to the bottom of the steps the crates were near empty,the bears were helping themselves and even the english polis were laughing.

Will watch this later with the cans on,i watched the other one last night with the young lad and his dad from London that done the Porto game too.Gets the blood pumping,fair play to these people getting our club out there:))

Back