Bring Ross McCrorie home

The fact is the manager deemed him surplus to requirements and felt getting games down south would be best for him .

I like mcrorie as a player but I’ll take Gerrards judgement over yours every day of the week if that’s ok , and as I Say it’s pointless thinking bringing him back just now while jack is injured would help , he’s going to be out longer than jack for a start .

Madness .
SG also said a couple of weeks ago he was happy with the squad, he soon changed his mind.

What is madness is to have Andy Halliday on the bench ahead of him.

What is madness is to have our most physical midfielder out on loan instead of having him as an option especially when we are so thin in midfield.

What is madness is to think having four adequate midfielders for three positions is enough.

What is madness is to continue to repeat mistakes and expect a different out come.

I love a thread about the mythical Ross McCrorie.

Every time Ross had a spell out the team last season, or now his stint on loan, he seems to increase in ability exponentially. Since we have so many threads about ‘bang average’ squad players, then I’ll add this. The reality is that he is one also, although that’s not the phrase I’d use personally, he is a decent player and nothing more. If he came back, he’d have good games and bad as sadly he’s not the level required, but yet again we have people desperate to put such an unnecessary weight of expectation on the lad, as someone who could save our season. We’ve all heard it time and again about Ross

Sadly, I’d hazard a guess that he won’t see past the summer transfer window.

SG also said a couple of weeks ago he was happy with the squad, he soon changed his mind.

What is madness is to have Andy Halliday on the bench ahead of him.

What is madness is to have our most physical midfielder out on loan instead of having him as an option especially when we are so thin in midfield.

What is madness is to think having four adequate midfielders for three positions is enough.

What is madness is to continue to repeat mistakes and expect a different out come.
Two totally different players so your point is invalid .

The fact is Mcrorie is injured so why are you still trying to bring him back ?

If he is injured it’s pointless but if it’s an injury that’s going to keep him out for a month keep him herr get him match ready and in to the team. He could prove to be a huge player in the run in if more injuries and suspension come in to play

I have been watching Rangers my entire life. And for as long as I have been watching us any successful Rangers team have always had a series of midfielders that do different things.

We have always had players who may not of played every game but were in and around the squad and played in certain games when needed. Whether it was guys like Terry Hurlock or Ian Ferguson or Stuart McCall or Kevin Thompson the list is endless we have always had that one player who we can bring on to win tackles, win the ball and shut down teams momentum and that is their role. Ross McCrorie is that player.

Our midfield this season had been immense, however that does not denude the fact that at times and in certain games we have needed something different and we have had no one to bring on and give us that different.

Yesterday we were crying out for him to replace Kamara at half time but we had no one because he's out on loan playing right back when he should be in our squad to stomp all over people just like he did last season against Aberdeen and against Celtic when we needed him too.

This talk of his passing ability not being up to standard is over complicating his role and is frankly bullshit. And besides I haven't seen him commit as many howlers that have cost us goals as Kamara has yet few talk about that, and besides he wins the ball and passes it forward. Simple.

How we set up won't always work and we need options that can change that so that it does work. To crunch into tackles to win the ball and shut down momentum and stop people playing. We have four adequate midfielders for three positions yet I've been hearing all season how we are "loaded" with midfielders, we aren't! Yesterday we had no one to bring on to shut down their attacks.

He should be recalled and he should be used when needed.

And please don't say Edmundson can do it, he is a centre back who has never played in midfield and anyone who says he can is basing it on nothing more than conjecture. We know what Ross can bring and he is a useful player to have.

We could of been doing with him against Aberdeen away when we allow them to run all over us and get back into the game after being 2-0 up. We could of being doing with him both times at Tyne castle and any other time we need to change it. We are thread bare in midfield and are only a couple of injuries or suspensions away from a crisis.

Disagree all you want. I'm still right

I have a large collection of butt-plugs. He never shoukd of been loaned out in the first place.

Edmundson has played midfield, for us!

Two totally different players so your point is invalid .

The fact is Mcrorie is injured so why are you still trying to bring him back ?
They are two defensive midfielders.

He got injured out on loan he shouldn't of been out on loan.

We have half a season left with four midfielders for three positions.

It's not rocket science.

Edmundson has played midfield, for us!
We have three centre backs ATM two of which start every game. Should we play ed in midfield and have no cover? He played in a friendly or something for a few minutes.

Ross on the other hand has dominated the best and most physical midfields in the league.

We have three centre backs ATM two of which start every game. Should we play ed in midfield and have no cover? He played in a friendly or something for a few minutes.

Ross on the other hand has dominated the best and most physical midfields in the league.

Not disagreeing about McCrorie but your point about Edmundson was wrong.

I have been watching Rangers my entire life. And for as long as I have been watching us any successful Rangers team have always had a series of midfielders that do different things.

We have always had players who may not of played every game but were in and around the squad and played in certain games when needed. Whether it was guys like Terry Hurlock or Ian Ferguson or Stuart McCall or Kevin Thompson the list is endless we have always had that one player who we can bring on to win tackles, win the ball and shut down teams momentum and that is their role. Ross McCrorie is that player.

Our midfield this season had been immense, however that does not denude the fact that at times and in certain games we have needed something different and we have had no one to bring on and give us that different.

Yesterday we were crying out for him to replace Kamara at half time but we had no one because he's out on loan playing right back when he should be in our squad to stomp all over people just like he did last season against Aberdeen and against Celtic when we needed him too.

This talk of his passing ability not being up to standard is over complicating his role and is frankly bullshit. And besides I haven't seen him commit as many howlers that have cost us goals as Kamara has yet few talk about that, and besides he wins the ball and passes it forward. Simple.

How we set up won't always work and we need options that can change that so that it does work. To crunch into tackles to win the ball and shut down momentum and stop people playing. We have four adequate midfielders for three positions yet I've been hearing all season how we are "loaded" with midfielders, we aren't! Yesterday we had no one to bring on to shut down their attacks.

He should be recalled and he should be used when needed.

And please don't say Edmundson can do it, he is a centre back who has never played in midfield and anyone who says he can is basing it on nothing more than conjecture. We know what Ross can bring and he is a useful player to have.

We could of been doing with him against Aberdeen away when we allow them to run all over us and get back into the game after being 2-0 up. We could of being doing with him both times at Tyne castle and any other time we need to change it. We are thread bare in midfield and are only a couple of injuries or suspensions away from a crisis.

Disagree all you want. I'm still right

I have a large collection of butt-plugs. He never shoukd of been loaned out in the first place.
To talk about his poor passing and to say people talking bullshit about it well sorry to say your talking bullshit on that front,I like mccrorie but he does need to improve his passing if he wants to make it at rangers.
What Sunday needed was someone to take the game by scruff of the neck and start dictating the game i.e bazFerguson

'Watching Rangers your entire life', eh? You're only 39. That's 'novice' territory compared to many on here. Get some time in.;)

I like McCrorie. He has a chance. Hes not this 'enforcer' you are making him out to be though and, more importantly, I'd suggest that right now he doesn't have the skill set to play in a Gerrard midfield. His passing and ball-retention isn't great and he is often too easy to play around. I agree he would give us an option though. Does a player his age want to be a 'bit part' player brought in for half a dozen, at most, games a season? I'd suggest not. He needs to play, be it at Portsmouth or somewhere else.

One of the reasons he needs to play, and one of my main concerns, is that whilst he is a wholehearted player that often tips over into recklessness. We've seen him red-carded for Rangers and he only lasted a handful of games at Pompey before being red-carded there. I believe one of his injuries was the result of a rash tackle (by him) as well. That's the sort of thing he needs to get 'out of his system' if he's going to make a go of it at Ibrox.

I get that you have a 'thing' for him and will disagree but, right now, the player himself is best served away from Ibrox, playing games, making his mistakes and, hopefully, learning from them.

They are two defensive midfielders.

He got injured out on loan he shouldn't of been out on loan.

We have half a season left with four midfielders for three positions.

It's not rocket science.

You keep saying he shouldn’t “ of “ been out on loan . It’s have , not of .

Also I didn’t hear many complaints about this up until now , we have been brilliant for the most part this season domestically and in Europe , we were robbed of the league cup and won at the piggery in the league less than 4 weeks ago .

Mcrorie wouldn’t have had a look in fit or not the way we have been playing .

I’m a Mcrorie fan but he is now injured and not the answer

Could we be doing with a player like him - yes.
Would he have got the necessary minutes required this season - no.

It's not been a successful loan at Portsmouth, but I could see the logic.
If hes not a nailed on starter (when fit) he would be better off working within the squad here.

If he was getting regular gametime in the middle of the park or even central defence I would rather he stayed on loan and developed. However I would still like him at our 6th midfielder, based on how the loan at Portsmouth has gone so far.

You keep saying he shouldn’t “ of “ been out on loan . It’s have , not of .

Also I didn’t hear many complaints about this up until now , we have been brilliant for the most part this season domestically and in Europe , we were robbed of the league cup and won at the piggery in the league less than 4 weeks ago .

Mcrorie wouldn’t have had a look in fit or not the way we have been playing .

I’m a Mcrorie fan but he is now injured and not the answer
I've been saying it all season and was saying it even after we beat Celtc and everyone was happy with our squad.

Our midfield is very thin. We need more options and we need different types of midfielders to do different things and be ready for any eventuality when how we set up isn't working.

Our midfield has been immense that's not my point. My point is sometimes it hasn't and we've had nothing to change it. Sometimes all we need to see a game out is to have someone sit in front of defence and break up play, win tackle and stop people playing.

He gives us the option of doing that.

Is he not still injured. He's had a poor time and struggled to establish himself in the team. Two sets of injuries as well.

To be honest for me he is definitely not the answer just now.

Our midfield when on song play good football- Ross isn't good enough on the ball. He is a centre back.

I've been saying it all season and was saying it even after we beat Celtc and everyone was happy with our squad.

Our midfield is very thin. We need more options and we need different types of midfielders to do different things and be ready for any eventuality when how we set up isn't working.

Our midfield has been immense that's not my point. My point is sometimes it hasn't and we've had nothing to change it. Sometimes all we need to see a game out is to have someone sit in front of defence and break up play, win tackle and stop people playing.

He gives us the option of doing that.

I can’t disagree with that side of it , as I said I like Ross as a player . Our squad is thin on quality though not quantity , that’s been the problem. We have a really good first 11 all fit , but the minute injuries or suspensions strike , we are in trouble .

Signing guys like King for example is a waste of time . I’d rather see Kai Kennedy start games. Arsenal had an 18 year old run the show for them last night for example . And get Paterson back in as well .

It was a problem on Sunday and the last time we went to Hearts and Aberdeen away and will be again. We need options to deal with different eventualities it's not rocket science.

Contingency planning. Every company does it, so why not a football club.

Ive argued for over a year that we need to have a squad of midfielders / players that give us alternative options dependant upon the circumstances.

As well as defensively that should include an option to thrust at teams with power & pace through the middle.

Agree 100% on Ross. And he would have been a massive improvement on Flanagan at RB too.

I can’t disagree with that side of it , as I said I like Ross as a player . Our squad is thin on quality though not quantity , that’s been the problem. We have a really good first 11 all fit , but the minute injuries or suspensions strike , we are in trouble .

Signing guys like King for example is a waste of time . I’d rather see Kai Kennedy start games. Arsenal had an 18 year old run the show for them last night for example . And get Paterson back in as well .
We are very thin in quantity in midfield.

'Watching Rangers your entire life', eh? You're only 39. That's 'novice' territory compared to many on here. Get some time in.;)

I like McCrorie. He has a chance. Hes not this 'enforcer' you are making him out to be though and, more importantly, I'd suggest that right now he doesn't have the skill set to play in a Gerrard midfield. His passing and ball-retention isn't great and he is often too easy to play around. I agree he would give us an option though. Does a player his age want to be a 'bit part' player brought in for half a dozen, at most, games a season? I'd suggest not. He needs to play, be it at Portsmouth or somewhere else.

One of the reasons he needs to play, and one of my main concerns, is that whilst he is a wholehearted player that often tips over into recklessness. We've seen him red-carded for Rangers and he only lasted a handful of games at Pompey before being red-carded there. I believe one of his injuries was the result of a rash tackle (by him) as well. That's the sort of thing he needs to get 'out of his system' if he's going to make a go of it at Ibrox.

I get that you have a 'thing' for him and will disagree but, right now, the player himself is best served away from Ibrox, playing games, making his mistakes and, hopefully, learning from them.
Believe it or not mate I'm able to watch football that was played before I was born. There's this thing called the internet -)

Can you tell me one player that has beaten Ross physically when he has been playing for us?

He may not have the skill set to be a starter but how we set up doesn't always and won't always work. So we have to be able to change and adapt how we set up so that it does work.

Ross gives us an option we don't currently have.

Believe it or not mate I'm able to watch football that was played before I was born. There's this thing called the internet -)

Can you tell me one player that has beaten Ross physically when he has been playing for us?

He may not have the skill set to be a starter but how we set up doesn't always and won't always work. So we have to be able to change and adapt how we set up so that it does work.

Dumbell

It was a problem on Sunday and the last time we went to Hearts and Aberdeen away and will be again. We need options to deal with different eventualities it's not rocket science.
He doesn't fit the system that's why he was told he wouldn't be getting much game time this season. To throw him into tough away fixtures when he hardly plays and changing the system to suit is asking for trouble.

He doesn't fit the system that's why he was told he wouldn't be getting much game time this season. To throw him into tough away fixtures when he hardly plays and changing the system to suit is asking for trouble.
We need to be able to change the system and adapt. When it isn't working we need to change it so we win. Its all about winning and we need different options to do so.

We need to be able to change the system and adapt. When it isn't working we need to change it so we win. Its all about winning and we need different options to do so.
Our system is working. We've lost 2 and drawn 2 to in the league, one of them when we changed our system. Europe we've lost once in 14 games. To me that shows it's working and working well.

I don't think anyone would've predicted Sunday and how many players would end up have a poor game, throwing Ross into that would've made no difference to the result.

Our system is working. We've lost 2 and drawn 2 to in the league, one of them when we changed our system. Europe we've lost once in 14 games. To me that shows it's working and working well.

I don't think anyone would've predicted Sunday and how many players would end up have a poor game, throwing Ross into that would've made no difference to the result.
What about when it doesn't work though? What if we're getting run over in midfield? How do we change it?

I love a thread about the mythical Ross McCrorie.

Every time Ross had a spell out the team last season, or now his stint on loan, he seems to increase in ability exponentially. Since we have so many threads about ‘bang average’ squad players, then I’ll add this. The reality is that he is one also, although that’s not the phrase I’d use personally, he is a decent player and nothing more. If he came back, he’d have good games and bad as sadly he’s not the level required, but yet again we have people desperate to put such an unnecessary weight of expectation on the lad, as someone who could save our season. We’ve all heard it time and again about Ross

Sadly, I’d hazard a guess that he won’t see past the summer transfer window.
He dominated both celtics and Aberdeens midfield last season. Many seem to forget that fact.

Ross was playing centre-back, and had a donkey beside him admittedly, but I watched at close quarters as Dembele bullied the f*ck out of him at Hampden in a 4-0 defeat that included Ross giving away a penalty and getting sent off for another of those rash tackles I mentioned.

I've already agreed he gives us an option. An option that would only be utilised on less that half a dozen occasions per season. That might, in the short term, help Rangers. It does absolutely nothing for the players future development though.

His brother will be a regular in the team before Ross is IMHO.

What about when it doesn't work though? What if we're getting run over in midfield? How do we change it?
It rarely happens with the way we play and we have played a lot better teams than Hearts and Aberdeen this season and not been over run.
Sunday was one of those days where everything goes wrong. Players off their game, individual errors. Jack , Davis and Kamara were poor and if we had wanted to change it we would've needed to change the whole midfield.

Ross was playing centre-back, and had a donkey beside him admittedly, but I watched at close quarters as Dembele bullied the f*ck out of him at Hampden in a 4-0 defeat that included Ross giving away a penalty and getting sent off for another of those rash tackles I mentioned.

I've already agreed he gives us an option. An option that would only be utilised on less that half a dozen occasions per season. That might, in the short term, help Rangers. It does absolutely nothing for the players future development though.

His brother will be a regular in the team before Ross is IMHO.
Is that the one where SG blamed McMurty for almost running his career for playing him as centre back when he shouldn't of?

His career development is better served serving his club when they need him than playing right back for Portsmouth.

On Sunday we needed someone to come on sit in front of the defence and break up play and do a job but we had no one. It wasn't the first time either and won't be the last.

We have four midfielders for three positions. We need more cover and more options. Suspensions, injuries loss of form, different options for whenever how we set up isn't working etc. He is an option we should have.

Not every player is gonna be a regular starter the point is to have a squad capable of dealing with different eventualities and having him on loan weakens our chances of doing so so it is a mistake not to have him as an option.

It rarely happens with the way we play and we have played a lot better teams than Hearts and Aberdeen this season and not been over run.
Sunday was one of those days where everything goes wrong. Players off their game, individual errors. Jack , Davis and Kamara were poor and if we had wanted to change it we would've needed to change the whole midfield.
So what happens when how we set up isn't working? Who do we bring on to sit in and break up play? Halliday was on the bench wasn't he?

He's an option we should have simple as that. As is Middleton ahead of Barker any day. Mistakes have been made and we need to learn from them.

Right, so just checking. FF's solution to our injury woes and lack of signings, is to recall our loanees just to sit on our bench on the off chance we need them? Am I getting this right?

Is that the one where SG blamed McMurty for almost running his career for playing him as centre back when he shouldn't of?

His career development is better served serving his club when they need him than playing right back for Portsmouth.

On Sunday we needed someone to come on sit in front of the defence and break up play and do a job but we had no one. It wasn't the first time either and won't be the last

We have four midfielders for three positions. We need more cover and more options. Suspensions, injuries loss of form, different options for whenever how we set up isn't working etc. He is an option we should have.

Not every player is gonna be a regular starter the point is to have a squad capable of dealing with different eventualities and having him on loan weakens our chances of doing so so it is a mistake not to have him as an option.

His career development is better served playing. Full stop. He won't get that at Ibrox until he improves. Its hardly unusual for a young player to play in different positions. If I recall McCrorie played right-back at Ayr (how dare they!) in addition to his stints for us at centre-back. Regardless of position, you asked when he was physically dominated and I gave you a valid answer.

What we needed on Sunday was for our team to turn up and simply play an 'average' game. That would have been enough. Hearts offered nothing but effort, it was nothing to do with strength, power or whatever else you want to call it. All we had to do was get our foot on the ball and play OUR game.

Your obsession with Ross McCrorie is quite something. I'm honestly beginning to wonder if you are just trolling us. He's nowhere near the level you seem to see him at. He has the potential to be a good player. Let him develop rather than warm the bench.

Back