Bring Ross McCrorie home

I think issue is creating chances and scoring goals and I don't think Ross would help in that area. If he's playing well at pompey leave him to get game time rather than bring him back for the possibility of a few games
It's not just the issue of scoring goals it's also about stopping them scoring goals. Defence is just as important as attack. Having someone who can come on and close down danger men is just as important as anything else.

The point is to have the option of doing both. Lack of options up top does not make lack of options in other areas any less important.

Helander 192 cm skinny.
Katic 194 cm solid.
Goldson 191 cm skinny.
Edmundson 190 cm solid.
McCrorie 191 cm solid.
Assuming you can convert metric to imperial, Katic is just over 1 inch taller, Helander less than half an inch taller, the others equal or shorter mate.

Not saying he's anywhere near the same level obviously, but Cannavaro and Baresi weren't even 6 ft.

Well let's see how many times Ross starts in central defence under Gerrard and if he was good enough to currently compete with Davis, Jack, Kamara and Arfield he'd still be here.

I like Gerrard but he does get some things wrong you know...

Tactics vs Celtic at Ibrox.
Still having Ojo at the club.

That sort of thing.

McCrorie offers something different to anyone else we have in midfield.

You saying Kamara shouldn't be dropped? Who is he the pope or something?

You saying Arfield doesn't blow hot and cold far too often?

Holding players to different standards?

I'm not dropping Kamara after one bad game.

He's been outstanding all season and is in a totally different planet to McCrorie as a central midfielder.

Arfield has played well since dropping back into midfield, particularly when Davis was injured.

He was poor for a few games earlier in the season playing as a 10 and got rightly dropped.

There's no point in debating with you on this.

You've already said you know you are right, despite all the facts pointing to the contrary, so batter away and argue with yourself.

That sort of thing.

Ojo isn't a starter for me, but he can (and has) contributed this season

Feyenoord amongst others.

McCrorie offers the same as Edmundson or Polster could offer in midfield, on the very odd occasion we'd ever play a DM.

I'm not dropping Kamara after one bad game.

He's been outstanding all season and is in a totally different planet to McCrorie as a central midfielder.

Arfield has played well since dropping back into midfield, particularly when Davis was injured.

He was poor for a few games earlier in the season playing as a 10 and got rightly dropped.

There's no point in debating with you on this.

You've already said you know you are right, despite all the facts pointing to the contrary, so batter away and argue with yourself.
Kamara has made a few costly errors with slack passing yet he gets a by ball for it.

Players lose form that's why we need a squad yet have only three available midfielders.

Arfield for as long as he's been here has been very inconsistent, hot and cold and many times very ineffective.

Nothing you have said has proven anything I've said wrong.

McCrorie offers the same as Edmundson or Polster could offer in midfield, on the very odd occasion we'd ever play a DM.
We have three midfielders available.

Polster is right back back up for Tav he was being sold last week.

Ed is a CB if he plays mid we have no CB cover.

This is the reality of now. Not some idealised scenario in the future.

Kamara has made a few costly errors with slack passing yet he gets a by ball for it.

Players lose form that's why we need a squad yet have only three available midfielders.

Arfield for as long as he's been here has been very inconsistent, hot and cold and many times very ineffective.

Nothing you have said has proven anything I've said wrong.

And nothing you have said is even close to being right, so we're both happy.

Did Gerrard not say McCrorie is a future Rangers captain and he would have happily kept him around, but it was his decision to go? If he was still here — and we were totally right to loan him out — it's fanciful to claim he'd have been suddenly behind Edmundson and Polster in the pecking order.

And nothing you have said is even close to being right, so we're both happy.
If you're so right and I'm so wrong then it should be very easy for you to prove me wrong.

Didn't you post a thread on here the other week about how happy with the squad you are?

Yet here we sit at the fag end of January with three midfielders, you wanting a centre back (leaving us no cover in CB ) and a player who was being sold last week to reinforce a bad argument.

Fact is management have fucked up and we're scrambling to get players in because the players in our squad that you thought were good evough aren't.

We sit with three available mids with only one injured. That is good enough for Rangers in the most important season in our history.

Crack on mate.

Did Gerrard not say McCrorie is a future Rangers captain and he would have happily kept him around, but it was his decision to go? If he was still here — and we were totally right to loan him out — it's fanciful to claim he'd have been suddenly behind Edmundson and Polster in the pecking order.

SG told him he would get limited game time and that's why Ross asked to go on loan.

Couldnt agree more...

I've even gone as far as saying that we should have built our team around young Ross. He has great dig in the middle of park and is good at breaking up the opposition play. Always gives 100%.

His passing would become much better if he had been getting a run of games and a sustained period in the team and i for one was disappointed when he was loaned out.

Couldnt agree more...

I've even gone as far as saying that we should have built our team around young Ross. He has great dig in the middle of park and is good at breaking up the opposition play. Always gives 100%.

His passing would become much better if he had been getting a run of games and a sustained period in the team and i for one was disappointed when he was loaned out.

The point I am making is that if management insist on idealism above reality, if players like McCrorie or for that matter Docherty do not fit into their way one thinking then they should of signed players that do.

Is it not better to accept reality and to have players like Ross and Doc available than sit at the end of January scrambling for players to sign and going into games with only three available mids?

We have one injury in midfield yet have only three midfielders available.

We need options and Ross give us one option.

Only the other week everyone was happy with the squad and we were "loaded" with midfielders.

It is not good enough.

That sort of thing.

You will get the Gerrard lovers who believe the messiah can do nowt wrong...

Ill keep on questioning Gerrards judgement when he continues to play Flannigan who is utter dung...and gets rid of everyone else from the club when Ojo is still here......

The point I am making is that if management insist on idealism above reality, if players like McCrorie or for that matter Docherty do not fit into their way one thinking then they should of signed players that do.

Is it not better to accept reality and to have players like Ross and Doc available than sit at the end of January scrambling for players to sign and going into games with only three available mids?

We have one injury in midfield yet have only three midfielders available.

We need options and Ross give us one option.

Only the other week everyone was happy with the squad and we were "loaded" with midfielders.

It is not good enough.

Mate, i was agreeing with you...

I was a fan of both McCrorie and Docherty purely for the 100% they gave to the jersey plus the fact that they are 2 young Scottish lads..

Mate, i was agreeing with you...

I was a fan of both McCrorie and Docherty purely for the 100% they gave to the jersey plus the fact that they are 2 young Scottish lads..
I know you are mate -)

My point is bigger than Ross it's more about the singular thinking of management. I think it's too idealistic and narrow and it has left us short in midfield.

We need to get the best out of what we actually have and not get lost in idealism. We shouldn't be going into games with three available midfielders and we shouldn't be scrambling around for players the last days of January after being told we're happy with the squad.

Ross is our player Doc is our player and even if they dont fit this idealism it's better than having no one.

We can’t go ruining relationships within the game by breaking loan agreements constantly, not great for future opportunities.

we should only do it when absolutely necessary.

I know you are mate -)

My point is bigger than Ross it's more about the singular thinking of management. I think it's too idealistic and narrow and it has left us short in midfield.

We need to get the best out of what we actually have and not get lost in idealism. We shouldn't be going into games with three available midfielders and we shouldn't be scrambling around for players the last days of January after being told we're happy with the squad.

Ross is our player Doc is our player and even if they dont fit this idealism it's better than having no one.

Agreed...

Especially when the midfield 3 are all defensive minded midfielders with the same traits who constantly just pass the ball from side to side. Yes, we need a player like Ross to shake things up in the middle of the park and give us a bit more drive and urgency, but going off topic slightly, we are also badly crying out for an attacking midfielder who is able to link up play through the middle of the park to the strikers. A midfielder with an attacking mindset.

For me, it is getting tedious watching the midfield passing balls across the opposition box to the wings while the other team sits with their 2 banks of 5 & 4. Instead of relying on the wings, we need a player who is able to create something from the middle of the park. If we cant afford one, i reckon Aribo should be given a chance to play in the middle just off the strikers as he has quick feet and is more likely to provide a forward telling pass rather than play on the wing where he doesnt have the speed to get past anyone.

As much as i would love Ross to be playing and giving us a different option, for me, a forward thinking attacking midfielder is of more importance... Arfield gave us a couple of goals playing through the middle supporting the strikers and then faded..

Some of Gerards decision baffle me... Off loading McCrorie, Docherty and Hastie while keeping the likes of Flanigan and Ojo ?? Even Polster looked alright and he cant even get a game...Would be good to have the Scottish lads as back up..

Feyenoord is it and that was months ago. He's worse than a man down whenever he plays.

How do you know Edmundson and Polster offer the same as McCrorie in midfield? From the odd cameo appearance?

You will get the Gerrard lovers who believe the messiah can do nowt wrong...

Ill keep on questioning Gerrards judgement when he continues to play Flannigan who is utter dung...and gets rid of everyone else from the club when Ojo is still here......

I'm a massive fan of Gerrard but since he's a young manager he's obviously going to make mistakes. Certain things have annoyed me though like his insistence on playing Ojo or refusing to make a sub until it's too late at times.

Feyenoord is it and that was months ago. He's worse than a man down whenever he plays.

How do you know Edmundson and Polster offer the same as McCrorie in midfield? From the odd cameo appearance?

I'm a massive fan of Gerrard but since he's a young manager he's obviously going to make mistakes. Certain things have annoyed me though like his insistence on playing Ojo or refusing to make a sub until it's too late at times.

You'd honestly recall McCrorie for the 2 or 3 games a season (at the most) when we'd actually play with an out and out defensive midfielder?

Not exactly great for a player who's went out on loan, at his own request, to develop the weaker parts of his game.

Back