Bringing a bag into Ibrox

Rangers_2001

Official Ticketer
Hello

I'm going straight from my football in Edinburgh to Ibrox tomorrow and will likely have my football bag with me. Will there be any issue with getting in?

Sure I've been in before with a backpack. Not like I'm going to launch my football boots onto the pitch from GR2.

As long as there are no controlled containers in it (deodorant, water bottle, etc) you should be OK.

If you do, you would need to leave it somewhere safe, or else try and get past the stewards/police without getting searched.

Walked in quite a few times with a backpack and nobody has even stopped me.

Admit it , you dreamt we are going to run out of players and Pedro is going to shout into the crowd "anyone got football kit with them?!" and you shout "aye me!" Then you run on and score the winner.

That's why you're really bringing the bag , just in case.

That's a hump he's goat oan e's back, no' a parachute!

CCatPuK.jpg

Have had a small backpack on a couple of occasions and not had a problem. May depend on where you are sitting.

I've brought a bag once as I was going to a fancy dress party afterwards & the steward who searched it gave me a few strange looks :D

Was speaking to someone who manages the turnstiles at Ibrox on match days and he said that Rangers don't pay for searchers anymore because too many people were getting in with booze anyway. The only people who get searched are the away fans.

Was speaking to someone who manages the turnstiles at Ibrox on match days and he said that Rangers don't pay for searchers anymore because too many people were getting in with booze anyway. The only people who get searched are the away fans.

I have a bag with me every week heading straight from work, the same steward searches the bag every week, happy wee guy think he just likes a chat and searching bags lets him chat.

You can leave a bag at Left Luggage at Central Station. It's operated by Excess Baggage Co who are bluenoses.

I do it plenty as I'm normally getting the 1811 train back up to Inverness, never had an issue.

And for those in the subway loyal I always make it back to Queen Street on time leaving at the final whistle.

Back