Votes: 168 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 331 66.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syme

From the rhebel

A popular Rangers fans’ pub has come under fire after installing social-distancing flooring that encourages punters to ‘stamp’ on a picture of poets skipper Scott Brown.

3Bx3dd5.jpg

The Bristol Bar in Glasgow underwent a makeover during lockdown and finally opened its doors to customers today.

The Duke Street boozer also posted a video on Facebook showing the new look inside the pub.

As part of the makeover to prepare for social distancing, the entrance has had two metre markings placed on the floor at the entrance with the words ‘Stay Safe’ next to Union Jack arrows. But in between are pictures of Hoops hero Brown in clown make-up.

The words ‘Wait here’ and ‘Feel free to stamp on this clown’ have been placed next to Brown’s head.

The Evening Times reports how Nil By Mouth charity director David Scott has blasted the ‘stunt’

He said: "There’s a fine line between football rivalry and nastiness and this pub has misjudged it. No one’s asking fans to walk arm in arm down Sauchiehall Street singing Kumbaya but basic levels of human decency shouldn’t be too much to expect.

Let’s not forget that before Covid19 hit earlier this year we’d seen incidents with players including Scott Brown and Alfredo Morelos being subjected to pretty nasty verbal abuse by halfwits in the city. Nothing good or positive comes from this sort of stunt."

Celtic fans took to Twitter to claim that the controversial flooring showed that their club skipper was haunting their rivals.

One said: “Bristol Bar's obsession with multiple meddle winning Broony has got to be near top of the Banter Years! Making clowns of themselves!”

Another said: “He is constantly in their heads, and they can’t handle it.”

Another supporter said: “The Celtic Captain has broken them. 24/7 rent free”

Many Rangers fans backed the pub's new look.

One said: "Looks amazing, well done good luck and stay safe."

But one fan was not pleased. She said: "What a ridiculous thing to do. Considering the current state of the world, this is what you can come up with. Another reason to cause hate! You should be utterly ashamed!

"Be proud of your team without degrading others - it's the classier way to behave! So disappointed and embarrassed to be a Rangers fan!"

Worth the Boot print alone surely ;)

Pathetic that they go straight to their default spokesperson the cunts are good at dishing it out but their patsies in the media say sod all when it's one of their degenerates trying it on.

%^*& Them it's about time these parasites got off their arse & be more proactive in their condemnations of that shower of degenerate scum.

Last edited:
In line with previous incidents like the 2 Effigies of an Orangeman and a Rangers Fan in a noose at the Paedo Dome, I'll assume like that the evidence will go missing :rolleyes:.

Watch calls for the Bristol to lose its licence.

It's just a bit of banter. Some of the responses from the Celtic supporters are beyond laughable. Bearing in mind the things they accept within their support it's amazing how easily offended they are.

Be the same dicks that thought hanging orangemen off their stadium was brilliant.

I remember that we weren’t too amused when some Sheep Pen decided to allow their lambs to pee on Rangers stuff in the urinals years ago.

I’m not losing sleep over it, but it gives them an excuse to say we are obsessed. Personally, if I was standing there the look of his face would more than likely give me a bad dose of the watery number twos :))

Embarrassing tbh just have a Rangers pub no need to even have that mutants face in the pub

Exactly. His face is just about the last thing I want to see when I go for a pint. Utter embarrassment of a pub. Thankfully I frequent more well run pubs than that.

No doubt they will bring the Penny Arcade into it next as according to them its about a Catholic that was murdered by Protestants jumping on him in an Arcade.

Rangers bars that celebrate all things Rangers along the PRW and Copland Road.
so you have never been inside the bristol bar?.. you would see it has ome of the most impressive walls etc floor and also a great tribute to drummer lee rigby. But hey its not a real rangers bar.. its packed every week runs a very successful bus.. harry n his family have had the Bristol for over 25 yrs.. he doesnt need to bum his pub up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back