Bristol City want Gerrard (Express)

There is still that arrogance from certain journalists that English football is the pinnacle of the game and that teams down south are so much more important simply because of the money that is generated in the leagues.

luckily Gerrard is a proper football guy and he was aware of Rangers size when he joined but perhaps didn’t realise just how big the club was until he spent time here. As long as there is challenge in Scotland (and that he has some success) it will only be Liverpool when they come calling Gerrard will leave for.

I just don’t get what so called football guys don’t see that if Rangers (and for that matter Celtic) has access to the money and the platform, the EPL teams get they would be even bigger than they are and perhaps it would only be Liverpool and Man Utd that had a bigger stature. Glasgow is still an important city within the U.K. and either old firm team would draw massive sponsors too.

how many times do you see daft wee boys talk about clubs in England who only know football since the onset of the premier league

I received this as a wind up on Wednesday from guy I know and I sent him one back about lennon leaving the uglies.His fishing trip didn’t work and neither will the express.Do you think it’s another tactic to unstable us linking the manager to anyone and everyone?

If there's no funds to strengthen the team a job down south with a wealthy backer may well tempt him.......but his quote about exciting times ahead at rangers has me thinking big investment in the squad th is season

Aston Villa will be looking for a gaffer soon.

That one would tempt Gerrard I think.

Doubt he'll go to a club battling to get out of the Championship next season and facing a massive rebuilding job, after losing all their best players mate.

EnakrWnM_400x400.jpg

FFS... this is the 'journalist' that wrote it.... file under bullshit
There was a Dr Who alien baddy that looked like this guy in the 70s
Btw Jon Pertwee was the best doctor

There is still that arrogance from certain journalists that English football is the pinnacle of the game and that teams down south are so much more important simply because of the money that is generated in the leagues.

luckily Gerrard is a proper football guy and he was aware of Rangers size when he joined but perhaps didn’t realise just how big the club was until he spent time here. As long as there is challenge in Scotland (and that he has some success) it will only be Liverpool when they come calling Gerrard will leave for.

I just don’t get what so called football guys don’t see that if Rangers (and for that matter Celtic) has access to the money and the platform, the EPL teams get they would be even bigger than they are and perhaps it would only be Liverpool and Man Utd that had a bigger stature. Glasgow is still an important city within the U.K. and either old firm team would draw massive sponsors too.

how many times do you see daft wee boys talk about clubs in England who only know football since the onset of the premier league
I moved to England pre-PL and they still thought Scottish football was tinpot then. I had arguments every day at school with Sheffield Wednesday and United fans who thought their clubs were bigger and better just because they played in England.

The city forum is a laugh, getting rangers out of a group containing Porto and feyenoord is akin to winning league 2!

Despite them being perennial nonentities, their deluded fans have completely unfounded delusions of grandeur.

As an example, they had a decent run in the League Cup a few years ago and they convinced themselves that after promotion (that was a given), they’d be competing with Man City for the title. Think they finished 12th.

It may be too much cider, but could be the affects of fertiliser for the carrot crunching Wurzel freaks.

Before they got rid of Johnson, they were content in that they’d see season on season improvement if they finished 8th :)

Bristol City fs. Sort of team that if you saw a wee guy wearing their strip on holiday you’d be like aw that’s a sin

I was at Ninian Park once for a game v Hull City. During the half time pint, I got talking to a bluebird who proceeded to tell me that their rivalry with Swansea was every bit as big as ours with Celtic and that the game was arguably bigger because it was played in a bigger league.

He may well have been taking the piss but insisted that he wasn’t. My estimation of Welsh people soared as a result.

There are countless numbers of fans in that league that are delusional and brainwashed by the Sky coverage.

I want to be the meat in a Carol sandwich
Vorderman
Me
Kirkwood
As much chance of that happening, as the gaffer going to Bristol.
:p

They’ve got a little robin redbreast as their club badge. It’s very apt for a club that doesn’t soar to ambitious heights. The sorts of ambitious heights that Gerrard would be tempted by.

I’ve lived in England for 25 years and even though most know Rangers and Celtic are two massive clubs with huge supports who would boost the Premier League product, almost all of them have a very low opinion of Scottish football in general and a lot of them would rather have the likes of Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in the top flight than ourselves and the Beasts.

So this is the mindset behind the thinking that Bristol City represent a more attractive prospect for an ambitious young English manager than a genuine British sporting institution like Rangers.

The good news is that Steven Gerrard almost certainly doesn’t feel that way.

You could not convince a fan of any club in the EPL , championship,LGE 1 ,

That rangers were bigger club than the one they support . I remember. A Portsmouth fan. Telling me that his team are bigger in every way. He had passion to be fair but I think he takes Mickey Rooney crazy pills. !

Aston Villa will be looking for a gaffer soon.

That one would tempt Gerrard I think.

No it wouldn’t mate. He’s not leaving to manage a Championship team ffs. If you listen to him talk about about why he’s here that much is pretty obvious.

If he’s successful with us his next job will be Liverpool. Even Klopp said as much.

If he’s not, I think he’ll end up at Liverpool in a coaching role or similar.

Last edited:
.Do you think it’s another tactic to unstable us linking the manager to anyone and everyone?

No. It’s just the deluded English 2nd tier clubs thinking they are relevant.

They seem to forget that we are a massive club with a rich history, a global fan base, European football etc etc.

He already turned down jobs at these tin pot clubs when he was an U18 coach. It’s arrogance and ignorance beyond belief.

Hughton is nailed on for that job so don't know where the story even comes from.

Bizarre how this is written off as nonsense instantly but every Morelos Twitter post is his agent trying to punt him, every rumour is met with sell him or that's not enough money, or that's not a big enough team. It's nigh on Hysterical around Morelos, yet this story is instantly met with disdain and the thread will disappear as a non entity by tomorrow...Morelos however!!
Some folk should have a wee look at themselves because its almost as if you want Alfie away at any cost

My pal Dean doing no bad as interim boss there with two wins from two.
Been down there to see him/them a few times over recent years; and I`ve always been made to feel welcome, no way I`d disrespect them.

With regard to Steven Gerrard, he won`t be going there anytime soon; if ever.

I work in Bristol and they have been going on about this since last week, did some coaching here for badges, lands down the billionaire is going to do this and that, told them it was never happening even when he went 3/1 last week. Odds back out now but there is no explaining to championship fans that they are so small time it’s unbelievable by comparison, surprised it took so long to hit the papers tbh but Houghton will be in soon anyway is the new buzz!

It's ok don't worry he's only second choice. Who's to say that all the people on their list would want the job in the first place?

Leaving Rangers to go to Bristol fn City :))

Some wallpaper going on about how massive Rangers as a club are with a massive support and how that's all we've got going for us. Then in the next breath saying signing Kalas for £8 million while we signed Edmundson for £600k shows how much bigger they are :))

Typical English league f*ckwittery.

Go get McInnes again

Back