Bristol City want Gerrard (Express)

I received this as a wind up on Wednesday from guy I know and I sent him one back about lennon leaving the uglies.His fishing trip didn’t work and neither will the express.Do you think it’s another tactic to unstable us linking the manager to anyone and everyone?
If it was him being linked with a epl job then yes you’d have a point but it’s fking Bristol city we’re talking about so no.

I received this as a wind up on Wednesday from guy I know and I sent him one back about lennon leaving the uglies.His fishing trip didn’t work and neither will the express.Do you think it’s another tactic to unstable us linking the manager to anyone and everyone?

No it’s just the typical arrogance you get from down South.

I know people don’t like hearing this, but the scum have no real reason to try and force Gerrard out. If we were winning things of running them close then I could see it, but we’re not.

giphy.webp

"I quite fancy it just to annoy all the Rangers fans who are laughing at the idea that “little Bristol City” might be able to poach their manager"

Rangers the worlds most successful club or Bristol who as far as I'm aware have won absolutely hee haw

Last edited:
Reading that Bristol city forum, not sure what's funnier; the fact that they think that they're genuinely anywhere near our size as a club or the fact that they could get Kent to go down there :D

I’ve lived in England for 25 years and even though most know Rangers and Celtic are two massive clubs with huge supports who would boost the Premier League product, almost all of them have a very low opinion of Scottish football in general and a lot of them would rather have the likes of Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in the top flight than ourselves and the Beasts.

So this is the mindset behind the thinking that Bristol City represent a more attractive prospect for an ambitious young English manager than a genuine British sporting institution like Rangers.

The good news is that Steven Gerrard almost certainly doesn’t feel that way.
Barely a day goes by without me arguing with a fan of ( insert name ot tin pot english team ) about how they're club is bigger than us, and the scottish league is mince, pub league etc etc, and how they're local rivalry is bigger than ours with the bheasts....the joys of living down south .

Maybe a possibility at the end of the season if we don’t win anything. Then again, maybe we might just stick with him if the improvement continues.

what would be an improvement on last season, other than winning something?

or maybe I should say, an acceptable improvement?

Total non-starter. Gerrard’s next job will be the Liverpool managers job. Hopefully that won’t be for a good few years!

Some of the comments on their forum though, they actually think they’re a big club. :))
Their default argument (as with most supporters of diddy English clubs) is Rangers play in a Mickey Mouse league, however this year we’ve beaten teams like Feyenoord, Porto and Legia Warsaw, teams their own club can never dream of facing. Quite amusing. :)

Still can't believe that they think that they're genuine contenders :D

We've bested the champions of Denmark, the best team in Poland, Porto, Feyenoord, Braga yet they're a bigger and better draw. Must be some amount of drug busts on the cards in Bristol :D

They’re 11th in the championship. Even if you were desperate to get out you wouldn’t go there. Would just get lost in obscurity

Inbred, web-toed, 6 finger handed, deluded bellends.

Even Mark McGhee wouldn't take that shit on!

Has Hartson ruled himself out yet?

Rumour seems to be growing arms and legs now. There's hardly a media outlet that is not going with the story in some shape or form.
There probably was truth in them wanting him tbf but it's still a pointless story and no chance of him leaving us for the Championship.

He certainly wouldn't just up sticks to go anywhere weeks before the start of a season either.

Genuinely, the only club he'd leave for is Liverpool or maaaaaybe somone huge like Barcelona, Madrid, Juve, etc. (Not that it'd ever happen).

This seems to be gaining credence on twitter and other outlets . What the actual Fck . Imagine even contemplating leaving Rangers for Bristol . If this happens it can only because he’s become so utterly pissed off with Scottish football and it’s corrupt shambles of a league set up , he just wants out of it . But surely he could at least wait for a decent offer .

That would be great preparation for the new season. Needing to find a new manager in 3 weeks, get to assess his new squad, and implement his ideas. What could possibly go wrong?
Might be able to get an experienced manager in the door that can get better out of this current squad than what Gerrard can.

This seems to be gaining credence on twitter and other outlets . What the actual Fck . Imagine even contemplating leaving Rangers for Bristol . If this happens it can only because he’s become so utterly pissed off with Scottish football and it’s corrupt shambles of a league set up , he just wants out of it . But surely he could at least wait for a decent offer .
Calm down and make yourself a cup of tea. He won't be going anywhere.

Genuinely, the only club he'd leave for is Liverpool or maaaaaybe somone huge like Barcelona, Madrid, Juve, etc. (Not that it'd ever happen).

Let's not kid ourselves on, he would leave if any PL club came knocking on our door. His target is to manage Liverpool one day and if he could make a decent team out of one the lesser clubs in the PL it would work as a stepping stone for him.

Back