Bristol City want Gerrard (Express)

Surely lennon would be in front of Gerrard as he's won loads of trophies and built a team to win the treble treble.
Just playing devils advocate.
Rubbish.

Let's not kid ourselves on, he would leave if any PL club came knocking on our door. His target is to manage Liverpool one day and if he could make a decent team out of one the lesser clubs in the PL it would work as a stepping stone for him.
Do you honestly believe he would manage Rangers with an ambition elsewhere at the sametime? He is someone who won't even the match after next, yet he manages Rangers with another job in mind?

Do you honestly believe he would manage Rangers with an ambition elsewhere at the sametime? He is someone who won't even the match after next, yet he manages Rangers with another job in mind?

Yes, of course his ambitions is to manage Liverpool one day. He's Liverpool born and bread, man.

Yes, of course his ambitions is to manage Liverpool one day. He's Liverpool born and bread, man.
You can be ambitious as you like but it doesn't necessarily mean anything; my point is that I'd be very surprised if Gerrard sees Rangers as a road to Liverpool. Of course, Gerrard may win titles here, Liverpool could need another manager and he accepts, but what if that were not to happen? I've never heard Gerrard describe Rangers as a prelude to the Liverpool job, have you? The Rangers job is a huge job in it's own right; it's an absurd notion that anyone would undertake it as part of some career plan.

Stature is less likely to come into it with these things, not to say that he would entertain this offer.

What we would need to be wary of in terms of Chanpionship teams (more likely to push for promotion) is the carat of £5m-£10m many would be willing & capable of paying a top coach for getting them up.

It wouldn't be surprising if Gerrard took a step like that at some stage, but also think if he doesn't win a trophy this season, it would be far more appealing.

Don't think any of us, or SG himself would go into a 4th season with no tangible process on the previous ones.

That isn't to say I think that will happen. 4 years would be a pretty long time if you think about it, especially for a young coach.

Bristol City.

Bristol. City?

tenor.gif

Hughton is nailed on for that job so don't know where the story even comes from.

Bizarre how this is written off as nonsense instantly but every Morelos Twitter post is his agent trying to punt him, every rumour is met with sell him or that's not enough money, or that's not a big enough team. It's nigh on Hysterical around Morelos, yet this story is instantly met with disdain and the thread will disappear as a non entity by tomorrow...Morelos however!!
Some folk should have a wee look at themselves because its almost as if you want Alfie away at any cost

There is little need for anyone to get wound up about Morelos & transfer rumours. They are only going to get worse because too many parties stand to make a profit, us included, if we get a good fee for him. Whether what 'a good fee' looks like during a pandemic remains to be seen.

There has clearly been a concerted effort to talk up the value of Morelos, just like Celtic do with several and I'd say influencing the narrative on price-tag isn't just harmless, it's probably wise to do so.

You can be ambitious as you like but it doesn't necessarily mean anything; my point is that I'd be very surprised if Gerrard sees Rangers as a road to Liverpool. Of course, Gerrard may win titles here, Liverpool could need another manager and he accepts, but what if that were not to happen? I've never heard Gerrard describe Rangers as a prelude to the Liverpool job, have you? The Rangers job is a huge job in it's own right; it's an absurd notion that anyone would undertake it as part of some career plan.

That's why they're called ambition, it might or might not materialise. I would be very surprised if the former captain, club legend and one club man isn't aiming to manage Liverpool one day. He will of course never flaunt his ambitions in public, especially while managing another club, that could be career suicide. The Rangers job is one of the biggest in the country and if he can't make it here he most certainly not wont make it in Liverpool.

This seems to be gaining credence on twitter and other outlets . What the actual Fck . Imagine even contemplating leaving Rangers for Bristol . If this happens it can only because he’s become so utterly pissed off with Scottish football and it’s corrupt shambles of a league set up , he just wants out of it . But surely he could at least wait for a decent offer .

39ba89ff50500fe12569bc99e529e4a1.gif

That's why they're called ambition, it might or might not materialise. I would be very surprised if the former captain, club legend and one club man isn't aiming to manage Liverpool one day. He will of course never flaunt his ambitions in public, especially while managing another club, that could be career suicide. The Rangers job is one of the biggest in the country and if he can't make it here he most certainly not wont make it in Liverpool.
To get his ultimate job he will have to be a roaring success at a pressure laden club(us) and maybe one other.

Use your loaf mate, no matter which way you slice it, it'd be an outsider if you were looking for odds on this happening.
He'll prove his worth here.

Reactions: TN8
This seems to be gaining credence on twitter and other outlets . What the actual Fck . Imagine even contemplating leaving Rangers for Bristol . If this happens it can only because he’s become so utterly pissed off with Scottish football and it’s corrupt shambles of a league set up , he just wants out of it . But surely he could at least wait for a decent offer .

Credence from who? Give us one credible source or are we talking the general twitter lunatic community?

Gerrard’s ultimate ambition for his managerial career is to take over Liverpool. That’s no secret, and not a bad thing, as he will not achieve it unless successful at Ibrox

In terms of what the Liverpool board will ultimately be assessing a potential new manager on, he is far better placed to show his credentials at Rangers than any English team out with the top few.
At Rangers he has to deal with the expectation to be winning continuously, he has to deal with the strains of managing both domestic and European campaigns and he must cope with pleasing a demanding and passionate support which is huge in number. All very similar to the main challenge a Liverpool manager would face.

Use your loaf mate, no matter which way you slice it, it'd be an outsider if you were looking for odds on this happening.
He'll prove his worth here.

Hahaha. I made a doughy arse of that.

I wouldn't put my money on SG being the Liverpool manager anytime soon either. I'm just trying to put myself in Gerrard's mind set. I imagine he was a very ambitious player, setting high goals and standards for himself. Gerrard the manager is probably in the same mold. Him having an ambition to manage LFC one day is not very far fetched IMO. He's still learning his trade and got a long way to go though. If, and a big if, a PL club came knocking I think he would be for the off. If Bristol City came knocking he would laugh them out.

%^*& well that’s it then it’s all over BRISTOL FUCKING CITY want our manager... :eek:;)

What passes for credence on twitter?

Not happening. Why would he go to a team who's biggest achievement is runners up in the FA Cup back in '09? 1909 that is:D

I’m sure Bristol city do have an interest in Gerrard, I don’t blame them... it ends there

I want a threesome with Mila Kunis and Alexandra Daddario as well as Zac Efron’s six pack and bank balance

Mine is about as likely as Gerrard to Bristol

Some "ITK" on the Bristol thread claims Steven Gerrard has shown "interest" in the job, they are all convinced he wants the job now. Utter nonsense imo.

Apparently this rumour is gathering pace down in Bristol. Saying due to covid Scottish football could collapse, someone has even put £500 on it at 8/1.

Nice to see scottishred (wonder what sheep shagging club it supports) is adamant we're skint haha!

I work with a Bristol City fan who's adamant Gerrard is on his way. I've told him it's utter fantasy and not to get his hopes up. Gerrard wouldn't even leave us for a top 10 EPL club unless it was Liverpool.

I want an orgy with scarlett Johansson Margot robbie and that gymnast from the longer on the cover of sports illustrated.

Doesnt mean I'll get it

Back