British Super League being Planned in Secret with Celtic and Rangers Invited

Tell me nobody believes this shite.
A few days ago the big 6 were buggering off to a Super League. But as they one by one u-turned, they then jumped into another secret squirrel reform idea. What a pile of shit.
Why would anyone not believe it? It is in The Sun after all - must be true - surely.

I haven't read the whole thread as I was scunnered with the ESL crap so, This may already have been mooted. I feel that the whole British League format would have to be scrapped as the bottom 3 leagues in England, the NI league , Welsh league and the bottom 3 Scottish leagues would have to be amalgamated to give every team a chance to progress. 8 leagues into 4 which would give us Premier League ,Championship league and 4 other lesser leagues.

A lot of the wee clubs would go to the wall and either give up or amalgamate with another team. The two Dundee for example, Thistle and Clyde. Celtic and Cliftonville. The list goes on and only until everyone is satisfied that this is a truly British League.

But, to paraphrase Abe Lincoln, "you can satisfy all of the people some of the time..."
And then move to Dublin and play in the League of Ireland'. Everyone's happy. Well, I would be at any rate.

A few days ago the big 6 were buggering off to a Super League. But as they one by one u-turned, they then jumped into another secret squirrel reform idea. What a pile of shit.
Quick, you better tell the folk that pumped Celtics share price up 13% today then.

Someones clearly asked Martin Lipton to put it out, its not some made up journo. Maybe it was Celtic given the above, but somebody somewhere wanted this promoted today.

He’s currently on twitter discussing ins and outs of the ECA board changes with folk.

We're miles bigger than Leeds, Villa or Everton. It's not even close.

I take your point about Liverpool and United. I'm not saying we'd be topping the league immediately. But we'd be far more successful far earlier than most people realise. And I'm not just talking about our on pitch impact. I'm talking about our travelling support, plus the atmosphere at Ibrox which would hit visiting teams.

The vast majority of EPL encounters are sterile affairs, even in pre Covid times. Too many of the prawn sandwich brigade.
Travelling support is limited, is it not?

It’s just people discussing the contents of a newspaper article.

We're miles bigger than Leeds, Villa or Everton. It's not even close.

I take your point about Liverpool and United. I'm not saying we'd be topping the league immediately. But we'd be far more successful far earlier than most people realise. And I'm not just talking about our on pitch impact. I'm talking about our travelling support, plus the atmosphere at Ibrox which would hit visiting teams.

The vast majority of EPL encounters are sterile affairs, even in pre Covid times. Too many of the prawn sandwich brigade.
‘Our travelling support’? We’d get no more than any other visiting club mate. These stadia are generally sold out anyway so we’d get the same number of away tickets as any other club. Albeit we’d generate a lot more noise than most.

It leads gullible people to False hope though mate . I don’t think it should be allowed . It simply isn’t going to happen .
It’s a discussion. I’m not sure what the dangers of that are.
It’s possible to discuss something that probably won’t happen. Nobody is sitting reading this and thinking people are stupid for discussing something. Incessantly posting “this won’t happen” doesn’t make somebody more clever. If they don’t want to discuss it, don’t discuss it.

The unwillingness to commit to improving Scottish football out of bitterness is what's truly worrying.
What happens every time we try to improve Scottish football?

Everyone else decides they hate Rangers more than they want to improve the game and vote it out of the park.

The unwillingness to commit to improving Scottish football out of bitterness is what's truly worrying.
How can we improve Scottish football when it doesn’t want to improve? Is it our fault there are plastic pitches (and crap ones at that)? That’s something that’ll only get worse. It’s not our fault the other clubs in the league can’t attract fans. It’s not our fault we have a useful speccy waste of space on £350k a year that hasn’t been able to attract a league sponsor for two years.

We tried to force change last summer and there was next to no support for it, purely because it was Rangers that were raising the issue.

This is the bit that a lot of fans don’t really think through, IMO.

The thought of glamour games against the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea blinds them to the probable realities of being also rans down south.

Are we really willing to trade the excitement of this season - winning the title and playing big games in Europe - for a mid table place in a revamped EPL?
Well, just be bad once year - get relegated to the spl and the unambitious can be happy we'll have some parachute payments or some other mechanism to annihilate Scottish football for decades off the back of it.

There are slight differences but it's semantics really. The principles are pretty much the same. The reason we want to go to the EPL, British or Atlantic League because it will benefit us economically and allow us to play against the best possible standard of opposition every week. Same as the ESL clubs, who want to play the best every week and maximise their revenues.
No. there are huge differences.

If there was a British League we'd be entering because we want to win it.

The ESL was for clubs to stop other teams wanting to win.

Back