Britney eating Humble Pie today

The actual reading of the article is very little of the sort. He makes one reference to getting the appointment wrong but follows it up saying most thought like him.

He then gets several digs in about our fans. He's horrible and has no credibility.

Journalists have a cheek to call fans fickle, they move with the wind to rewrite history and suck up to whoever looks to be doing well while simultaneously kicking whoever the other side is.

The actual reading of the article is very little of the sort. He makes one reference to getting the appointment wrong but follows it up saying most thought like him.

He then gets several digs in about our fans. He's horrible and has no credibility.

Journalists have a cheek to call fans fickle, they move with the wind to rewrite history and suck up to whoever looks to be doing well while simultaneously kicking whoever the other side is.

a wee bit of praise with a fair amount of " what if's " with a little pop at the tims after they were " caught out " in Dubai ............. he's a shite bag

As much as I dislike the odious creep he certainly appears quite contrite with that article, but it's to little to late and no self respecting Rangers supporter should give him the time of day.

Thats nowhere near the apology he should be making for the smug tripe he was writing when Stevie G arrived.
He tries to excuse himself by dragging the fans in and trying to make out we didn't want him.Its all weasel words and he is nothing more than a snake in the grass.
Graeme don't try and cosy up with Rangers you are much better suited staying with the mhanks,you know the same ones that welcomed you when you stumbled in to their end with your Rangers scarf.
There are enough rats deserting that sinking ship we don't need or want you and your types.

The creep say he has a love for the beautiful game, but you don't feel it with his scribblings. On the contrary you pick up the Impression he finds writing about football a bore, he's a snob and it comes through his musings.

I tried to read it but only got as far as the comment about Rangers supporters having doubts about the appointment of Steven Gerrard.
That isn't how I recall it.
The appointment, if my memory serves me correctly, was met by overwhelming enthusiasm.
Indeed he was immediately awarded terms like Stevie's express train etc and the tone was perhaps even a bit over the top.
Every manager is a risk, but the appointment of Steven Gerrard was seen as both imaginative and incredibly exciting.

Fckoff Spiers you got it wrong.
You got it wrong because you wished from the bottom of your heart that it would all go wrong.
You got it wrong wrong wrong.
That is because you are a cvunt.

He had zero credibility yesterday. He has zero credibility today. No matter how much back peddling he does, that will never change.
This exactly, 100's of sniping/digging out articles against us and one lukewarm towards us, stick your typing finger right up your hole creep.

2-E8-E813-B-F41-C-4-E93-B44-D-C56-F5301-E981.jpg

mind the time he had his press pass for Ibrox revoked and he still paid to get in and a Bear took his photo, Surely someone has that photo??

You see when he started out as a sports journo he had delusions of grandeur thinking he was going to have a life reporting on the masters in Augusta or being ringside watching the latest heavyweight bout.

To young Spiers football was the sport of the lowest common denominator in society. Back in the 90's he became the apprentice to Gerry McNee who taught him all about the horrors of Rangers football club.

Spiers then seen an opportunity to become the conscience and self appointed spokesperson on the horrors of sectarianism within sport and society.

He then began his moral crusade in 2006 to UEFA to get us done for singing the Billy Boys and then later in the year told us how fascinating it was for us to have a RC manager when we did not give a shit about plg's religous background.

Since 2012 he was one of the leading lights who preached to us about sporting integrity over financial doping and could not even look Chris Graham in the eye on STV when it was proved we had not achieved any sporting advantage over the use of EBT.

Spiers has about much credibility amongst decent football journos as the mentally challengeds have for truth and honesty.

To put it bluntly, Spiers sucks mentally challenged cock and will soon be blogging for dog food like mad Phil and John James.

The epitome of a Scottish journalist. Revisionist lies to change history in his favour.

Nothing more than a Liar.

Last edited:

Scotland must be the only country in the world, were history is written by losers.

Spiers would be demanding a Knighthood for any Celtc Manager unbeaten in the League and Europe. That this idiot has ever made a living from journalism is unreal.

If you can be bothered reading:

This Celtic carnage should not obscure the outstanding fact of this football season in Scotland: which is that Steven Gerrard and Rangers have brought an excellence to their work that even a properly-functioning Celtic would struggle to keep pace with.
This deserves to be said, especially in this column where, more than once, I expressed my doubts about Rangers appointing a rookie manager like Gerrard in the first place. It was a huge risk back in 2018 — I think even most Rangers fans admitted it was — but it finally appears to be paying off.
I doubt even Celtic playing with their buoyancy of recent seasons would have been able to stop Rangers claiming the title this season. This team of Gerrard, Michael Beale and Gary McAllister has looked so ruthless, so menacing and unforgiving, that it would have required a herculean Celtic effort just to go stride for stride with the Ibrox side.
Rangers are currently 21 points ahead and have no sign of weakness about them. Even more, when not playing well, they have dug out results. There is the complete making of champions about them.
On top of on-field form, one other key policy area appears to separate the Old Firm. While Gerrard and Rangers have finally got their recruitment right, Celtic have got theirs all wrong. In goalkeeper Vasilis Barkas, central defender Shane Duffy and striker Albian Ajeti — the three key areas of the team’s spine — Celtic have made mistakes.

Gerrard, once tipped to be “eaten up by the job” (that one wasn’t from me) has grown in the position impressively. Calm, measured and carrying authority, he has eyed up the Ibrox storm he entered and imposed his beliefs. It has taken time — and there is no doubt that the halt to football last March spared him a crisis amid dire Rangers form — but he has come good.
I do remain intrigued by one aspect which seems to be benefiting Rangers. Is it true, as some suspect, that they play better without their supporters? A number of people, including some former Rangers players, have made the claim this season. “I do think Rangers fans not being there, particularly at home games, is having a positive impact on the side,” Neil McCann said.

It is pretty insulting to any die-hard fan of any team to be told that the club is better off without you, but Gerrard’s team does seem to have a freedom of mind and lack of anxiety which some doubt would come in front of a full Ibrox. At least two players — Connor Goldson and James Tavernier — appear to be flourishing in the empty arenas.
We might only know more of the truth of this once fans are restored to our football. And Rangers are certainly not alone in having a critical, sometimes onerous fan base.
While Celtic implode — in suits and in boots — Rangers strode purposefully through this season. When the title flag finally comes their way it will be richly deserved and no deflecting about Celtic’s demise should take away from that fact.
Gerrard deserves every plaudit coming his way. The question now is: can he rack up trophies, as Graeme Souness invited him to do? Or will this be his best season in Glasgow
â—Ź Lewis Stevenson was on the verge of going to Dundee University to study politics when, in the summer of 2004, Hibs unexpectedly offered him a full-time contract. This thoroughly likeable 33-year-old finally clocked up his 500th appearance for his club this week, which is quite a milestone. Hearty applause all round for an exemplary footballer who donated a stash of his testimonial money to charity.
â—Ź Peter Lawwell and Celtic finally managed to apologise for Dubai. It was the least they could do.
I totally accept that, in one way, Celtic were caught out by the timeline of events. They had actually just touched down in Dubai when, on January 4, Nicola Sturgeon announced a fresh Covid lockdown, which suddenly made Celtic’s trip look a whole lot worse.
But, with the pandemic already overheating over Christmas, why pack players onto a plane for a seven-hour flight in the first place? It looked like a total misreading of the Covid landscape. This was a damaging blunder from Lawwell and Celtic. They are paying for it.
No need to declare season null and void
What I didn’t envisage — but should have — was that this would be viewed by some as a cunning plan to put Null and Void on the agenda. I shouldn’t need reminding: a Scottish football columnist is never more than inches away from the conspiracy theorists.

For the record: I’d hate to see football stopped. I adore and lap up the game north and south of the border. The thought of football being halted actually fills me with dread. But this Covid blight, it seems to me, upstages everything.
Null and void, too, would be totally unfair on Rangers this season, just as it would have been unfair on Celtic last season. If the top flight is interrupted, it must be a delay, not a cancellation.

The Premier League in England managed to suspend, resume and conclude its 2019-20 season. I’m sure we could manage the same in Scotland.
Too little a decade too late from that jump the dyke 19th Century Terrorist parasite. The sniveling prick should never be granted press privileges for Ibrox again considering his biased attempts to damage RFC over the years. A pretentious bigotted buffoon.

Eat Humble Pie ya say??? If I ever have the misfortune to bump into that Pish Stained Mhanky Tramp he'll have nae teeth to eat it with.
Walking up a narrow lane in Bratislava there was a sleekit looking person who tried to blend into the wall when I passed him. About 5 yards past I twigged who it was - unfortunately I had left my “whack a twat” spade in the hotel!!!

Thats nowhere near the apology he should be making for the smug tripe he was writing when Stevie G arrived.
He tries to excuse himself by dragging the fans in and trying to make out we didn't want him.Its all weasel words and he is nothing more than a snake in the grass.
Graeme don't try and cosy up with Rangers you are much better suited staying with the mhanks,you know the same ones that welcomed you when you stumbled in to their end with your Rangers scarf.
There are enough rats deserting that sinking ship we don't need or want you and your types.
Steven Gerrard the man, the player, one of the true greats of all time.

Graham Spiers.

And people pay him money for his opinion. Fools

We really have had an incredible number of totally talentless, useless, hypocritical, embarrassing & ultimately bigoted tossers, masquerading as journos in modern day Scotland

I believe though, that Britney really is the worst of an extremely bad lot

To think this guy gets paid a lucrative wage for his services is nothing short of criminal imo
Those responsible for keeping him in employment need to take a long look in the mirror

The power base must be changing if that charlatan is giving us any credit.

He has went the way of all the useful idiots who hang onto Celtics coat tails, a washed out has been who has served his purpose.

He has chosen his allies, let him rot and slip into obscurity.

Back