Britney eating Humble Pie today

When 55 is declared, the world's press are going to descend on Scotland, with everything being Rangers and Gerrard. The Scottish press must be sh*tting themselves as they will be on the outside looking in.

Trying to make his ruined career relevant again. But nobody cares about this proven liar and all round weirdo. He lashed his true colours to the mast many moons ago so it's a bit late to attempt some sort of reconciliation now.

As described earlier in the thread a Rat trying to get on a dinghy.

I guess that after God knows how long writing bollox, percentage wise you have to come up with at least one fair, decent article.

Too little too late though.

Maybe 'The Times' are looking for that exclusive first interview with SG after 55 is sealed and are greasing the way?

When I first read the thread title and opening post, I thought, "Fair play, maybe it's time to be the bigger man and take his contrition honourably." Though still sniggering and pointing at him behind his back, of course.

Then I read the actual text that someone thoughtfully cut and pasted and I realized it's nothing of the sort.
It's the worse type of back handed compliment.
A venomous dig at the support coated in syrupy praise for the manager. No one is swallowing that.

It's obvious that the sterling work of Gerrard and the team is so blinding that even the rusty starfish tonguing Celtic placemen that pass themselves as sports journalists cannot ignore it or fail to acclaim it in some way without exposing themselves as the unprincipled corrupt hacks they really are to all but the most mouth frothing Tim.

So, arm forced painfully up his back by circumstances, Spiers (which my auto-correct keeps changing to 'Slides', which seems eerily appropriate in some way), through gritted teeth, ekes out the most lame and self evident statement of fact as an "apology" while still hurrying to spit venom on the only significant part of the population who were immune to his constant lucrative and lying bile.

TLDR: Slides Spiers can go fück himself, the two faced Tim cockcheese.

I generally don't have the energy to waste on hating many things but this rodent is one of them.

I hope he suffers every sort of misery every single day until his pointless existence ends in a flood of burning, spiky diarrhea.

I didn't have a problem with Spiers saying Gerrard was a huge gamble. And not everyone on here was on board the 55 express when SG was appointed. Some thought it was too risky an appointment.
Thankfully the 55 express which seemed to have run out of puff has an engine full of coal again.

A so-called Sports reporter who knows fùck all about the sports he is paid to report on.
When he did report, it was a commentary, no insight about players or tactics.
He then reverted to 'opinion pieces' which were bigoted at best.
He led the witch hunt against our songs.
He was at the Toytown Parliament with FF MD, he actually stated that 'some thoughts' should be illegal ffs.
A Proven liar, exposed on TV.
Ignored by Sir Walter.
A wearer of Corduroy.

What i trying to say - He's basically a tw*t full stop.
This. I couldn't care less that he is 'Celtic minded'. If he was good at his job, then fair enough. It's the fact that he rarely writes about football. I have never seen him write an article on tactics, youth football, signing strategy etc. It's all about getting digs in, usually at our expense, to get a reaction on twitter. The Times should be ashamed of themselves. Paying someone to write articles that have the depth, insight and value of a fan based opinion piece - embarrassing. Moreover, he's the worst type of journalist - he has an agenda.

Did'nt he stick up for a couple of child molesters? A Lawwell like apology whilst putting the boot in to the Rangers support. When it all comes out, will he criticise the scum for protecting and enabling the many child rapists?

Too little a decade too late from that jump the dyke 19th Century Terrorist parasite. The sniveling prick should never be granted press privileges for Ibrox again considering his biased attempts to damage RFC over the years. A pretentious bigotted buffoon.
Never EVER let him through the door.

As annoying as Spiers is, I think it is an adequate apology for some of the things he has written about Gerrard and his team. Fair play to him.

Those who can play football, do.
Those who can‘t, become sports journalists or referees.
Spiers is at the apex of this type.
A pseudo intellectual, always pontificating, always with the patronising and condescending air, always accompanied by the over affected and irritating lisp.
On seeing the lineup for his latest money maker, a vacuous attempt at a podcast, someone brilliantly described it as “A Who’s Who of absolute bellends”
The theatrical interviews seem to have dried up, with the podcast sliding into obscurity as well.
Have to admit he’s a trier, a failure, but a trier, unlike Steven Gerrard.

As annoying as Spiers is, I think it is an adequate apology for some of the things he has written about Gerrard and his team. Fair play to him.
It’s never been fair play with Rangers, when it comes to Spiers.

He has been disseminating a pack of lies for donkeys years at the bidding of his masters, who clearly must be brownbagging him in some way shape or form.

I sat at the next table to him in a café in Kaunas, and he resolutely avoided eye contact for the best part of an hour, and that in itself 100% confirmed to me that he was never, ever, to be trusted.

If you can be bothered reading:

This Celtic carnage should not obscure the outstanding fact of this football season in Scotland: which is that Steven Gerrard and Rangers have brought an excellence to their work that even a properly-functioning Celtic would struggle to keep pace with.
This deserves to be said, especially in this column where, more than once, I expressed my doubts about Rangers appointing a rookie manager like Gerrard in the first place. It was a huge risk back in 2018 — I think even most Rangers fans admitted it was — but it finally appears to be paying off.
I doubt even Celtic playing with their buoyancy of recent seasons would have been able to stop Rangers claiming the title this season. This team of Gerrard, Michael Beale and Gary McAllister has looked so ruthless, so menacing and unforgiving, that it would have required a herculean Celtic effort just to go stride for stride with the Ibrox side.
Rangers are currently 21 points ahead and have no sign of weakness about them. Even more, when not playing well, they have dug out results. There is the complete making of champions about them.
On top of on-field form, one other key policy area appears to separate the Old Firm. While Gerrard and Rangers have finally got their recruitment right, Celtic have got theirs all wrong. In goalkeeper Vasilis Barkas, central defender Shane Duffy and striker Albian Ajeti — the three key areas of the team’s spine — Celtic have made mistakes.

Gerrard, once tipped to be “eaten up by the job” (that one wasn’t from me) has grown in the position impressively. Calm, measured and carrying authority, he has eyed up the Ibrox storm he entered and imposed his beliefs. It has taken time — and there is no doubt that the halt to football last March spared him a crisis amid dire Rangers form — but he has come good.
I do remain intrigued by one aspect which seems to be benefiting Rangers. Is it true, as some suspect, that they play better without their supporters? A number of people, including some former Rangers players, have made the claim this season. “I do think Rangers fans not being there, particularly at home games, is having a positive impact on the side,” Neil McCann said.

It is pretty insulting to any die-hard fan of any team to be told that the club is better off without you, but Gerrard’s team does seem to have a freedom of mind and lack of anxiety which some doubt would come in front of a full Ibrox. At least two players — Connor Goldson and James Tavernier — appear to be flourishing in the empty arenas.
We might only know more of the truth of this once fans are restored to our football. And Rangers are certainly not alone in having a critical, sometimes onerous fan base.
While Celtic implode — in suits and in boots — Rangers strode purposefully through this season. When the title flag finally comes their way it will be richly deserved and no deflecting about Celtic’s demise should take away from that fact.
Gerrard deserves every plaudit coming his way. The question now is: can he rack up trophies, as Graeme Souness invited him to do? Or will this be his best season in Glasgow
● Lewis Stevenson was on the verge of going to Dundee University to study politics when, in the summer of 2004, Hibs unexpectedly offered him a full-time contract. This thoroughly likeable 33-year-old finally clocked up his 500th appearance for his club this week, which is quite a milestone. Hearty applause all round for an exemplary footballer who donated a stash of his testimonial money to charity.
● Peter Lawwell and Celtic finally managed to apologise for Dubai. It was the least they could do.
I totally accept that, in one way, Celtic were caught out by the timeline of events. They had actually just touched down in Dubai when, on January 4, Nicola Sturgeon announced a fresh Covid lockdown, which suddenly made Celtic’s trip look a whole lot worse.
But, with the pandemic already overheating over Christmas, why pack players onto a plane for a seven-hour flight in the first place? It looked like a total misreading of the Covid landscape. This was a damaging blunder from Lawwell and Celtic. They are paying for it.
No need to declare season null and void
What I didn’t envisage — but should have — was that this would be viewed by some as a cunning plan to put Null and Void on the agenda. I shouldn’t need reminding: a Scottish football columnist is never more than inches away from the conspiracy theorists.

For the record: I’d hate to see football stopped. I adore and lap up the game north and south of the border. The thought of football being halted actually fills me with dread. But this Covid blight, it seems to me, upstages everything.
Null and void, too, would be totally unfair on Rangers this season, just as it would have been unfair on Celtic last season. If the top flight is interrupted, it must be a delay, not a cancellation.

The Premier League in England managed to suspend, resume and conclude its 2019-20 season. I’m sure we could manage the same in Scotland.
That article is fine, but I bet he was vomiting typing it.
He's a bitter twat.

He's the c***'s c**t imo. THE MOST skin crawlingly unpalatable apologist out there. He genuinely makes me want to vomit so no surprise then I have no intention of reading anything he has to say. Rangers neither need or want endorsement from the likes of this rodent.

dwlwtjB.gif

Can't post his article from The Times today but it is almost an apology and is full of praise for our manager . Took a while but he got there eventually .
We have been in the dark for a long time, out the way and in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Since Gerrards arrival we have witnessed season on season progress which is being witnessed with a 20point gap at the top of the league table and looking forward to our European tie with Antwerp. The media are now clambering to be there when we successfully clinch the league championship for the 55th time. Like snakes crawling from under the rocks slowly they are all making an entrance with positive views on our club. We hold all the aces in a game of cards, we should always remember their involvement in putting the boot firmly into us when we were in a weakened position.

Thats nowhere near the apology he should be making for the smug tripe he was writing when Stevie G arrived.
He tries to excuse himself by dragging the fans in and trying to make out we didn't want him.Its all weasel words and he is nothing more than a snake in the grass.
Graeme don't try and cosy up with Rangers you are much better suited staying with the mhanks,you know the same ones that welcomed you when you stumbled in to their end with your Rangers scarf.
There are enough rats deserting that sinking ship we don't need or want you and your types.

Well said.

That's the most grovelling thing I think I've ever seen, committed to print. Where do you start with what is just a self serving, desperate attempt at ingratiating himself, something he must know will never succeed?

I'm sure we all remember his response to our manager's appointment?

Not for Odious Creep a considered and thoughtful analysis of his attributes and the challenge he faced. Instead rather, an attention seeking egotistical pontification on why he would be "quietly terrified" at the enormity of the task he had naively taken on.

Talk about failing to read the room, though of course, whether chilly or warm, when it comes to Rangers, there was never any chance of the Corduroy Cowboy calling it right, for reasons we're all too familiar with.

So now, in what must be a painfully humiliating reverse ferret, the bold Spiersy sycophanticly praises our manager, as he sees his world turning in a direction he never had the foresight to envisage.

And that just about sums up the man. Enjoy the 55, Odious Creep certainly won't.

What a fucking loser.

Like watching George Galloway after the cat incident.

He better not darken our doors with the sickening stench of death now his paymasters have had their worth and discarded his career like a two bob whore.

Gerrard hasn't "finally" proved this idiot wrong, he proved him wrong months into his first season by showing he wasn't "terrified" by Europe. Spiers totally underestimated Gerrard as many of us did but it's not our job to predict Gerrards performance, it's Spiers's and by fu*k he got it spectacularly wrong, yet still hasn't the baws to admit it.

Back