Britney eating Humble Pie today

BoclairBear

Official Ticketer
Can't post his article from The Times today but it is almost an apology and is full of praise for our manager . Took a while but he got there eventually .

All very well apologizing, but like all Scottish sports journalism, got paid for an absolute turd of a take, yet continues to churn out shite after shite, rather than someone saying - "Does this guy actually know anything about football?" and giving him his jotters.

If he wants to earn any crust in the MSM, he needs to get on point with who the inform team is. I ever understood why he was toxic, bitter and rancid to us knowing we would be back at the top again. It’s like turkeys voting for Christmas

An irrelevant man who’s turned to the take the mentally challenged pound in order to put food on the table.
The worst type of man there is. Zero integrity, morally or professionally, who’ll pander to the wrong kind for money. Rather than being honest and decent with sensible things to say, he writes sensationalist tripe to garner favour with a certain demographic.

A fucking fool of a man.

If you can be bothered reading:

This Celtic carnage should not obscure the outstanding fact of this football season in Scotland: which is that Steven Gerrard and Rangers have brought an excellence to their work that even a properly-functioning Celtic would struggle to keep pace with.
This deserves to be said, especially in this column where, more than once, I expressed my doubts about Rangers appointing a rookie manager like Gerrard in the first place. It was a huge risk back in 2018 — I think even most Rangers fans admitted it was — but it finally appears to be paying off.
I doubt even Celtic playing with their buoyancy of recent seasons would have been able to stop Rangers claiming the title this season. This team of Gerrard, Michael Beale and Gary McAllister has looked so ruthless, so menacing and unforgiving, that it would have required a herculean Celtic effort just to go stride for stride with the Ibrox side.
Rangers are currently 21 points ahead and have no sign of weakness about them. Even more, when not playing well, they have dug out results. There is the complete making of champions about them.
On top of on-field form, one other key policy area appears to separate the Old Firm. While Gerrard and Rangers have finally got their recruitment right, Celtic have got theirs all wrong. In goalkeeper Vasilis Barkas, central defender Shane Duffy and striker Albian Ajeti — the three key areas of the team’s spine — Celtic have made mistakes.

Gerrard, once tipped to be “eaten up by the job” (that one wasn’t from me) has grown in the position impressively. Calm, measured and carrying authority, he has eyed up the Ibrox storm he entered and imposed his beliefs. It has taken time — and there is no doubt that the halt to football last March spared him a crisis amid dire Rangers form — but he has come good.
I do remain intrigued by one aspect which seems to be benefiting Rangers. Is it true, as some suspect, that they play better without their supporters? A number of people, including some former Rangers players, have made the claim this season. “I do think Rangers fans not being there, particularly at home games, is having a positive impact on the side,” Neil McCann said.

It is pretty insulting to any die-hard fan of any team to be told that the club is better off without you, but Gerrard’s team does seem to have a freedom of mind and lack of anxiety which some doubt would come in front of a full Ibrox. At least two players — Connor Goldson and James Tavernier — appear to be flourishing in the empty arenas.
We might only know more of the truth of this once fans are restored to our football. And Rangers are certainly not alone in having a critical, sometimes onerous fan base.
While Celtic implode — in suits and in boots — Rangers strode purposefully through this season. When the title flag finally comes their way it will be richly deserved and no deflecting about Celtic’s demise should take away from that fact.
Gerrard deserves every plaudit coming his way. The question now is: can he rack up trophies, as Graeme Souness invited him to do? Or will this be his best season in Glasgow
● Lewis Stevenson was on the verge of going to Dundee University to study politics when, in the summer of 2004, Hibs unexpectedly offered him a full-time contract. This thoroughly likeable 33-year-old finally clocked up his 500th appearance for his club this week, which is quite a milestone. Hearty applause all round for an exemplary footballer who donated a stash of his testimonial money to charity.
● Peter Lawwell and Celtic finally managed to apologise for Dubai. It was the least they could do.
I totally accept that, in one way, Celtic were caught out by the timeline of events. They had actually just touched down in Dubai when, on January 4, Nicola Sturgeon announced a fresh Covid lockdown, which suddenly made Celtic’s trip look a whole lot worse.
But, with the pandemic already overheating over Christmas, why pack players onto a plane for a seven-hour flight in the first place? It looked like a total misreading of the Covid landscape. This was a damaging blunder from Lawwell and Celtic. They are paying for it.
No need to declare season null and void
What I didn’t envisage — but should have — was that this would be viewed by some as a cunning plan to put Null and Void on the agenda. I shouldn’t need reminding: a Scottish football columnist is never more than inches away from the conspiracy theorists.

For the record: I’d hate to see football stopped. I adore and lap up the game north and south of the border. The thought of football being halted actually fills me with dread. But this Covid blight, it seems to me, upstages everything.
Null and void, too, would be totally unfair on Rangers this season, just as it would have been unfair on Celtic last season. If the top flight is interrupted, it must be a delay, not a cancellation.

The Premier League in England managed to suspend, resume and conclude its 2019-20 season. I’m sure we could manage the same in Scotland.

A so-called Sports reporter who knows fùck all about the sports he is paid to report on.
When he did report, it was a commentary, no insight about players or tactics.
He then reverted to 'opinion pieces' which were bigoted at best.
He led the witch hunt against our songs.
He was at the Toytown Parliament with FF MD, he actually stated that 'some thoughts' should be illegal ffs.
A Proven liar, exposed on TV.
Ignored by Sir Walter.
A wearer of Corduroy.

What i trying to say - He's basically a tw*t full stop.

I wouldn’t even let him eat humble pie, would far rather he starved.

It’s too late to do a U-turn Britney you will never be accepted by the people.

How can a media institition such as the Times claim to have class, honesty, integrity if they employ discredited journalists?
Has he apologised for his vile attacks on Jock Wallace, Davie Cooper or Ian Ferguson?
Like dog excrement on a public path, he exists, but is best ignored.

If you can be bothered reading:

This Celtic carnage should not obscure the outstanding fact of this football season in Scotland: which is that Steven Gerrard and Rangers have brought an excellence to their work that even a properly-functioning Celtic would struggle to keep pace with.
This deserves to be said, especially in this column where, more than once, I expressed my doubts about Rangers appointing a rookie manager like Gerrard in the first place. It was a huge risk back in 2018 — I think even most Rangers fans admitted it was — but it finally appears to be paying off.
I doubt even Celtic playing with their buoyancy of recent seasons would have been able to stop Rangers claiming the title this season. This team of Gerrard, Michael Beale and Gary McAllister has looked so ruthless, so menacing and unforgiving, that it would have required a herculean Celtic effort just to go stride for stride with the Ibrox side.
Rangers are currently 21 points ahead and have no sign of weakness about them. Even more, when not playing well, they have dug out results. There is the complete making of champions about them.
On top of on-field form, one other key policy area appears to separate the Old Firm. While Gerrard and Rangers have finally got their recruitment right, Celtic have got theirs all wrong. In goalkeeper Vasilis Barkas, central defender Shane Duffy and striker Albian Ajeti — the three key areas of the team’s spine — Celtic have made mistakes.

Gerrard, once tipped to be “eaten up by the job” (that one wasn’t from me) has grown in the position impressively. Calm, measured and carrying authority, he has eyed up the Ibrox storm he entered and imposed his beliefs. It has taken time — and there is no doubt that the halt to football last March spared him a crisis amid dire Rangers form — but he has come good.
I do remain intrigued by one aspect which seems to be benefiting Rangers. Is it true, as some suspect, that they play better without their supporters? A number of people, including some former Rangers players, have made the claim this season. “I do think Rangers fans not being there, particularly at home games, is having a positive impact on the side,” Neil McCann said.

It is pretty insulting to any die-hard fan of any team to be told that the club is better off without you, but Gerrard’s team does seem to have a freedom of mind and lack of anxiety which some doubt would come in front of a full Ibrox. At least two players — Connor Goldson and James Tavernier — appear to be flourishing in the empty arenas.
We might only know more of the truth of this once fans are restored to our football. And Rangers are certainly not alone in having a critical, sometimes onerous fan base.
While Celtic implode — in suits and in boots — Rangers strode purposefully through this season. When the title flag finally comes their way it will be richly deserved and no deflecting about Celtic’s demise should take away from that fact.
Gerrard deserves every plaudit coming his way. The question now is: can he rack up trophies, as Graeme Souness invited him to do? Or will this be his best season in Glasgow
● Lewis Stevenson was on the verge of going to Dundee University to study politics when, in the summer of 2004, Hibs unexpectedly offered him a full-time contract. This thoroughly likeable 33-year-old finally clocked up his 500th appearance for his club this week, which is quite a milestone. Hearty applause all round for an exemplary footballer who donated a stash of his testimonial money to charity.
● Peter Lawwell and Celtic finally managed to apologise for Dubai. It was the least they could do.
I totally accept that, in one way, Celtic were caught out by the timeline of events. They had actually just touched down in Dubai when, on January 4, Nicola Sturgeon announced a fresh Covid lockdown, which suddenly made Celtic’s trip look a whole lot worse.
But, with the pandemic already overheating over Christmas, why pack players onto a plane for a seven-hour flight in the first place? It looked like a total misreading of the Covid landscape. This was a damaging blunder from Lawwell and Celtic. They are paying for it.
No need to declare season null and void
What I didn’t envisage — but should have — was that this would be viewed by some as a cunning plan to put Null and Void on the agenda. I shouldn’t need reminding: a Scottish football columnist is never more than inches away from the conspiracy theorists.

For the record: I’d hate to see football stopped. I adore and lap up the game north and south of the border. The thought of football being halted actually fills me with dread. But this Covid blight, it seems to me, upstages everything.
Null and void, too, would be totally unfair on Rangers this season, just as it would have been unfair on Celtic last season. If the top flight is interrupted, it must be a delay, not a cancellation.

The Premier League in England managed to suspend, resume and conclude its 2019-20 season. I’m sure we could manage the same in Scotland.
Backed the wrong horse - didn't you Graham?

Just read it. If I didn't know that it was written by Speirs I'd say that it's actually a good article. Alas, it is a product of britney's so feck him.

Third rate scribbler.

You'd hope that even the laziest wanker in the world would realise that in order to get paid for writing a report on a football match in a newspaper actually being at the game would be a sensible move.

The minute he got turned over on that one should have been the minute he was removed from all sports journalism and not touched by any of the media. The fact that he still gets called upon to deliver his pontifications tells you all you need to know about the state of the "industry" up here.

An absolute fud of a man.

Baffling how he has made a living as a sports journalist. Almost as baffling as how Leckie has made a living out of writing codswallop.

If he wants to earn any crust in the MSM, he needs to get on point with who the inform team is. I ever understood why he was toxic, bitter and rancid to us knowing we would be back at the top again. It’s like turkeys voting for Christmas
Because he's a mentally challenged thats why. Did you not see the pictures of him sitting at the knew camp watching a match with his offspring wearing the green and grey ?

Back