Brits winning European cup/Champs league with foreign teams.

Do you think the lack of Brits abroad has an effect on the National teams?

Yes I would say so. The more they experience different styles the better. British national teams are very much stuck in their ways and could do with a freshen up when it comes to their styles and tactics.

Slightly off topic but David Platt won the UEFA cup with Juventus in 1993 although not in the final squad for either of the legs. he still got a medal as part of the overall squad.
Not sure how many other British players have won the UEFA Cup or Cup Winners Cup with non British teams.

Yes. I heard it said this morning that "for some England players a tournament is the longest period they have ever spent outside of the country"

They then spend most of that tournament either speaking about home in interviews or complaining about being bored.

Yes, that & and the English believing the EPL is the best league in the world, conveniently forgetting it's full of foreign players. Besides most British players are bang average at best (exceptions being Kane,Bale) and would not improve the likes of either of the Madrid teams, Barca, PSG etc.

Southgate got interviewed the other day and said on the last round of PL fixtures there were 70 English starters. He said in his day it was 150. None of the top teams bar Spurs have an Englishman leading the line. Morata, Aguero, Lukaku. Whoever the phuck Arsenal have. Sturridge does not count as he's always injured. Makes it difficult.

Bit off topic but from the wiki list just noticed Van Vossen won the Champions League in 95 with Ajax.

Didn't realise he was there at the same time as Frank & Ronald.

Bit off topic but from the wiki list just noticed Van Vossen won the Champions League in 95 with Ajax.

Didn't realise he was there at the same time as Frank & Ronald.

I would never have guessed. Could be another thread, Rangers who have a Champions league medal.

Didn't take as long as I thought but Lineker is the only Brit to win anything. He won the Cup Winners Cup with Barcelona

Ally Dick came close for Ajax.

Poor records.

Back