Broken Barca

When you pay multi millions for single players and trying to keep up with a team bankrolled decades more than yourselves by the same Govt what did you think would end up happening? Wake up Lewis Steele!

Surprised Celtic fans have not went after them for all that money could go to schools, hospitals and chapels? Oops they have their own thing going!
Great news for a scummy club that deserves the worst of ends

Because they’ve not actually broken any rules as of yet.
I'm not sure about that mate.

Surely threatening players is breaking rules?

Not paying players their full salary and begging them to take cuts then spending well over €100 million euros on new players?

Threatening to rip up Umtiti and Braithwaite contracts if they don't leave and suing someone regarding De Jongs contract.

I'm not being argumentative I genuinely don't know if that is breaking rules but it should be imo.

image.png
Madrid are ahead and on 99 now.

Martin Braithwaite is also staying put until he gets the money owed to him.

He can afford to sit it out as he's worth something like £250m due to property in the US

Quite rightly doing it out of principal

Barca are such scum that I fully expect them to do a Celtic and lean on their supporters to threaten the players to try and force them out of the club and off the wage bill. Wankers.

Barcelona have recently made sure that agents in the game will be around for a long time to come. Most players are stupid and without decent agents, teams like Barcelona have and would be walking over the top of players.

"Sign this sign that. Oh by the way that £17m we owe you? Not giving it to you, we are giving it to a new signing instead."

Amazing all the ffp rules in football now but there doesn't seem to be anything that covers not paying players what you owe whilst simultaneously buying new players.

They're not being allowed to continue as if nothing has happened. The Spanish FA are refusing to register their new players (and existing players who have signed new contracts) until they meet the financial rules.
They will still be able to field a team in both of those competitions though.Which is basically wrong and smacks of one rule for them and another for everyone else.

Press in Spain were claiming they were signing Bernardo Silva for £40m yesterday.

Man City denied it but likely something in it.

They’re the football version of someone you’d see on one of these BBC programmes about managing your money.

Some simpleton from Essex on £22k a year who drinks champagne in nightclubs, drives a BMW 1 series, gets her hair done every week and can’t understand why she’s £30k in debt.

I wonder how Mad Jill is getting on these days.

They will still be able to field a team in both of those competitions though.Which is basically wrong and smacks of one rule for them and another for everyone else.
It’s the same rule for everyone else, Real Betis can’t currently re register Claudio Bravo for the same reason.

It genuinely is unreal for a club of that size and stature to get into the mess they have. They genuinely just seem to have taken on the idea they can do what they want and someone will just sort it out for the and it hasn't happened. They've genuinely made utter c**ts of themselves recently and their behaviour has been nothing short of disgusting.

They should be getting f**ked over even harder from the authorities. La Liga should consider binning them for a bit and UEFA should just boot them out of Europe. However, this is sadly where their history and reputation will keep them protected.

Despite everything that is going on I've got no doubt they'll get their players registered and that they'll keep spending money they don't have. They'll continue to f**k over their own players and ask them to like it.

Graham Hunter, predictably, defending them on Talksport.

The current board have been sensational albeit they have pressed some emotional buttons. It was all the fault of the previous board.

The subservience of this guy is something else.

Always used to be a huge Barca fan after going to the ground when I was on holiday as a kid

Absolute mentalness going on there now though

>FC Barcelona announces the sale of 24.5% of Barça Studios to the company Orpheus Media, managed by Mr.Jaume Roures, an audiovisual production company with a long history of producing content, for 100 million euros.
>The agreement complements the one signed on 29 July with Socios.com and will help to accelerate the growth of the club's digital, NFT and Web.3 strategy.

100m Euro is still short of what La Liga wants, so unlikely they can register most of their new signings.

Anyone with a head on their shoulders know NFTs are codeword for scam at this point, so of course they're pushing ahead with trying to sell that crap to their fans (so did we sadly).

I pray come Sept 1st De Jong remains a Barca player. Seems like most of their plans hinge on his sale bailing them out financially.

Allegedly Christiansen and Kessie can both leave the club if Barca don't manage to register them, which would be hilarious.

Last edited:
Betis also fucked. In reality, every Spanish team except Real Madrid are fucked. La Liga rules state you can only spend a percentage of previous seasons income. La Liga have made no allowance for Covid and basically ever Spanish team except Real Madrid is either selling future income or players below market value.

Think it might really %^*& La Liga long term. Serious questions about Tebas (head of La Liga) motivation. He sold a percentage of La Liga's future tv rights (presumably he gets a cut back) and needs the clubs in a weak state to force it through.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico Bilbao and the Spanish FA have all launched legal action against La Liga because of it:

>FC Barcelona announces the sale of 24.5% of Barça Studios to the company Orpheus Media, managed by Mr.Jaume Roures, an audiovisual production company with a long history of producing content, for 100 million euros.
>The agreement complements the one signed on 29 July with Socios.com and will help to accelerate the growth of the club's digital, NFT and Web.3 strategy.

100m Euro is still short of what La Liga wants, so unlikely they can register most of their new signings.

Anyone with a head on their shoulders know NFTs are codeword for scam at this point, so of course they're pushing ahead with trying to sell that crap to their fans (so did we sadly).

I pray come Sept 1st De Jong remains a Barca player. Seems like most of their plans hinge on his sale bailing them out financially.

Allegedly Christiansen and Kessie can both leave the club if Barca don't manage to sign them, which would be hilarious.
I’d take Christiansen to Ibrox

Allegedly Christiansen and Kessie can both leave the club if Barca don't manage to register them, which would be hilarious.
Man Utd already offered €80million , yet it’s his owed salary that appears to be the stumbling block.

Man Utd already offered €80million , yet it’s his owed salary that appears to be the stumbling block.
Sounds like De Jong is incredibly not keen on Utd, not that I blame him. I saw most people think Brentford beat them this weekend.

Apparently Chelsea also interested and De Jong is more partical to them, so we will see.

And to think what happened to our club for a lot less, and something that wasn't even illegal at the time.

Will we ever get the truth of what happened to Rangers one day?? Because where we not supposed to be the 'test case' for an avalanche to follow, so how many clubs have faced the same punishment as us??

Betis also fucked. In reality, every Spanish team except Real Madrid are fucked. La Liga rules state you can only spend a percentage of previous seasons income. La Liga have made no allowance for Covid and basically ever Spanish team except Real Madrid is either selling future income or players below market value.

Think it might really %^*& La Liga long term. Serious questions about Tebas (head of La Liga) motivation. He sold a percentage of La Liga's future tv rights (presumably he gets a cut back) and needs the clubs in a weak state to force it through.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico Bilbao and the Spanish FA have all launched legal action against La Liga because of it:
I thought Real Madrid had huge debts as well?

Back