Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
So if you book a code, Do you have to take the test or send off results ? What happens if you don’t ?
Plenty people have just used the code and never bothered with the actual test. In fact, folk have already confirmed that you can use the same code more than once.

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer
Who is this mate ?

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer
I see that the wee bun is being challenged about her intransigence. Now that it has raised its head again, I shall wait until the end of the week.

Covid Scotland: Travel industry 'left guessing' by lack of decision on PCR testing in Scotland​

ELSA MAISHMAN OCTOBER 25, 2021

Fully vaccinated travellers to England from a non-red list country are now able to take a cheaper lateral flow test on day two of their return, rather than a PCR test.

When the UK Government initially announced this upcoming change on September 18, the Scottish Government said it would not follow suit, as PCR tests are more reliable.

However, this position was reversed after a week, as Scotland’s transport secretary Michael Matheson said Scotland “intended to align with the UK post-arrival testing regime”.

A spokesperson for Edinburgh Airport called for a decision to be made. Photo by Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images

But when UK officials later announced that this change would come into effect on October 24, the Scottish Government said this was yet to be confirmed north of the border.

A spokesperson for the Scottish Government confirmed on Monday that there has still been no decision made about the change in Scotland, meaning it has not yet come into effect.

Airport leaders said the resulting “confusion and delay” were “frankly not good enough”.

A spokesperson for Edinburgh airport called on the Scottish Government to “make a decision on this as quickly as possible to provide clarity for passengers and the industry alike”.

They added that the industry has been “left guessing” and customers “may simply assume the worst”.

“As an industry, we have called on the Transport and Health ministers in the four nations to restart international travel with a four-nations approach,” they said.

"Despite assurances to date this has proved elusive. Whether this repeated lag in Scottish implementation arises from a lack of an open and collaborative approach following a UK Government decision or the relative lack of agility in Scottish Government decision making is not clear from the outside, but it’s negative impact on the Scottish economic recovery is plain to see.

“The resulting confusion and delay is frankly not good enough and we urge all four administrations to consider increased collaboration and coordinated implementation ahead of decisions to ensure the four UK nations move as one to prevent a repeat of what we are currently seeing on the non-aligned implementation of Day 2 lateral flow tests.”

A spokesperson for AGS Airports Ltd, which owns and operates Aberdeen and Glasgow airports, said: “The Scottish Government said last month it intends to align fully with the reforms on international travel including the changes to day two testing announced by the UK Government.

"We must have a four- nations approach to help deliver much-needed consumer confidence for our passengers so Scottish airports are not put at a disadvantage."

Plantation pioneer

Thanks mate will order one of these.

el bandido

Quoting this for use once helmet heid decides wether pcr’s are needed or not as I’m flying direct Edinburgh to Copenhagen

Manhattan_Loyalist

Don't know why people are buying tests - just make up a code. I bought it once and I've used the same code on every landing/locator form for every trip. Think this is the 5th time I've been away somewhere since they've insisted on these day 2 tests when home.

I think once, maybe twice, I've had my landing form glanced at when boarding (as opposed to it being studied) - a couple of times I've said yes and been waved on past the boarding gate desk and it not looked at.

Super Ally

Official Ticketer
Been a long time since I done an official day trip. Do they take you from the airport to the ground and leave you to it?

Remember that happening for Stuttgart and we ended up sharing a taxi to the city centre.

RfcWATP

Been a long time since I done an official day trip. Do they take you from the airport to the ground and leave you to it?

Remember that happening for Stuttgart and we ended up sharing a taxi to the city centre.
Only done it for braga and they took us to the centre bit everyone was meeting. Then walked to the ground no sure if ye can get the coach to the ground instead though

hunter1rfc

Official Ticketer

Villareal the buses parked up from the ground and a short walk to the town

Vienna dropped us off in the centre then picked us up again around 4.30 to take us to the ground

a_weir

Don't know why people are buying tests - just make up a code. I bought it once and I've used the same code on every landing/locator form for every trip. Think this is the 5th time I've been away somewhere since they've insisted on these day 2 tests when home.

I think once, maybe twice, I've had my landing form glanced at when boarding (as opposed to it being studied) - a couple of times I've said yes and been waved on past the boarding gate desk and it not looked at.

Because only real codes work, I think. It’s checked against a database/an acceptable code format.

Manhattan_Loyalist

Because only real codes work, I think. It’s checked against a database/an acceptable code format.
For example DANTALABS that's the one I used for my very first - I'm sure the code is DANTA then some numbers - just mark in DANTA and make up whatever number you want after it - that's what my mates have done I've been on trips with and it works no problem.

RoboProd

Official Ticketer
Just booked expert medical. You get your code as soon as you order it.
Just ordered a randox kit and got a discount code through Easyjet who im flying with, ended up about £21.50 for a day 2 LFT at home
Mine was booked through Expert Covid Testing UK which I found on the gov.uk site, was £17.99 but they added £9.99 for shipping, LFT as we're coming into Stansted.
Plenty of on site options for ~£2, I won’t be booking anything until either over there or day before fly back.

Blue As

Official Ticketer

Official day trip includes transfers.
Dropped off in the city and then bussed out to the ground late afternoon.
All info will be in the final email they send.

(Sports Options are flight only,they drop you in the city,you make your own way to the stadium where you get coach back to airport after the game)

Super Ally

Official Ticketer
Official day trip includes transfers.
Dropped off in the city and then bussed out to the ground late afternoon.
All info will be in the final email they send.

(Sports Options are flight only,they drop you in the city,you make your own way to the stadium where you get coach back to airport after the game)
Magic mate. Thanks.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
Was there in 2006. I have an image of a grim industrial town with a lot of riot police. B-)
Yeah,that about sums it up.
We were based in Valencia,just traveled there for the match.
Remember the fire retardant match tickets and the rush to get in before the shutters came down,oh and Boyd’s miss B-):oops:

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer
Sturgeon has announced today that a Lateral Flow Test will be allowed from Sunday 31/10/21 for arrivals into Scotland.

Covid: Scotland to align with UK testing for international arrivals from Sunday​

ELSA MAISHMAN OCTOBER 26, 2021

From 4am on October 31, double vaccinated travellers from non red list countries will be able to take a cheaper lateral flow test on day two of their arrival, rather than a PCR test as previously mandated.

It comes after airport chiefs accused the Scottish Government of leaving the travel industry “guessing” by not making a decision on the issue.

The rules around testing changed in England on October 24.

When the UK Government initially announced this coming change on September 18, the Scottish Government said it would not follow suit, as PCR tests are more reliable.

This position was reversed after a week, as Scotland’s transport secretary Michael Matheson said Scotland “intended to align with the UK post-arrival testing regime”.

But when UK officials later announced this change would come into effect on October 24, the Scottish Government said this was yet to be confirmed north of the border.

The date for the rule change in Scotland was announced by Ms Sturgeon on Tuesday.

"For practical reasons, the Scottish Government has decided to align with this change,” she told MSPs.

"From 4am on Sunday 31 October, therefore, people travelling to Scotland can also provide a lateral flow test – rather than a PCR test – on day two of their arrival.

"Travellers will be able to book lateral flow tests from the list of private providers on the gov.uk site from around 5pm on Friday, in advance of their arrival into Scotland.

"These tests will cost between £20-£30 per test, which is less than a PCR test. And so I am sure that this change will be welcomed by many travellers and by the travel industry.

"It is important to stress, however, that if your lateral flow test is positive, you must get a PCR test to confirm the result.”

Airport figures previously called on the Scottish Government to make a decision.

A spokesperson for Edinburgh Airport said the travel industry had been “left guessing” and customers “may simply assume the worst”.

RfcWATP

Sturgeon has announced today that a Lateral Flow Test will be allowed from Sunday 31/10/21 for arrivals into Scotland.

Covid: Scotland to align with UK testing for international arrivals from Sunday​

ELSA MAISHMAN OCTOBER 26, 2021

From 4am on October 31, double vaccinated travellers from non red list countries will be able to take a cheaper lateral flow test on day two of their arrival, rather than a PCR test as previously mandated.

It comes after airport chiefs accused the Scottish Government of leaving the travel industry “guessing” by not making a decision on the issue.

The rules around testing changed in England on October 24.

When the UK Government initially announced this coming change on September 18, the Scottish Government said it would not follow suit, as PCR tests are more reliable.

This position was reversed after a week, as Scotland’s transport secretary Michael Matheson said Scotland “intended to align with the UK post-arrival testing regime”.

But when UK officials later announced this change would come into effect on October 24, the Scottish Government said this was yet to be confirmed north of the border.

The date for the rule change in Scotland was announced by Ms Sturgeon on Tuesday.

"For practical reasons, the Scottish Government has decided to align with this change,” she told MSPs.

"From 4am on Sunday 31 October, therefore, people travelling to Scotland can also provide a lateral flow test – rather than a PCR test – on day two of their arrival.

"Travellers will be able to book lateral flow tests from the list of private providers on the gov.uk site from around 5pm on Friday, in advance of their arrival into Scotland.

"These tests will cost between £20-£30 per test, which is less than a PCR test. And so I am sure that this change will be welcomed by many travellers and by the travel industry.

"It is important to stress, however, that if your lateral flow test is positive, you must get a PCR test to confirm the result.”

Airport figures previously called on the Scottish Government to make a decision.

A spokesperson for Edinburgh Airport said the travel industry had been “left guessing” and customers “may simply assume the worst”.

20-30 pound? Can’t you get the pcr ones for that anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.