Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gold only has around 2000 members, all gold members should be good for all Euro Away match’s going forward. As it’s believed to be top down, so should anyone high up in silver.
any word on registration this game? I do suspect way to early

1400 in the away section, the rest (probably the same again) in the sections beside in the North Tribune.

There were thousands of tickets on sale for the Sparta game, right up until KO, so don't worry about tickets. Just organise them the week before the game.

Correct but I fear they will post the tickets citing covid as a reason why we can't collect over there.

In theory it's meant to be from the top down for Euro away so if like me you're sitting at the top of Silver you should stand a good chance.
Posting is actually by far the best option. The obvious issue is that it will be abused. But if the TO actually do their jobs and check flight itineraries, this can be avoided. Check 1 in 50 or something. Make it clear that anyone submitting a fake itinerary will be banned for life.

Ticket collection is just a pain. And how do we now prove who we are? We no longer have photo TC cards and MyGers does not have a photo. A lot of people will not feel comfortable taking their passport out with them and I don’t believe Rangers should ask this.

any word on registration this game? I do suspect way to early
Nope. And still nothing on Prague. We all know it’ll be behind closed doors but club should still officially be communication this time us.

The SLO stated they wanted top down for European games as it allowed people to book in advance. We’ll surely that means communicating with us in advance? If they know their allocation, emails should be out.

People at Rangers are actually being paid to be this incompetent.

Posting is actually by far the best option. The obvious issue is that it will be abused. But if the TO actually do their jobs and check flight itineraries, this can be avoided. Check 1 in 50 or something. Make it clear that anyone submitting a fake itinerary will be banned for life.

Ticket collection is just a pain. And how do we now prove who we are? We no longer have photo TC cards and MyGers does not have a photo. A lot of people will not feel comfortable taking their passport out with them and I don’t believe Rangers should ask this.
How would you check itineraries though as the airline won't cooperate and it's easy to doctor the email if you have an old one or one from the person going.

beyond farcical the communication we get ,they could easily say if they were planning doing an official flight or not aswell, its a simple yes or no question

Did I read somewhere that the Friday night in Copenhagen there is some kind of of city wide event?

Am I too late to the party to be booking flights or have people still found flight combinations from Glasgow/Edinburgh via other cities?

How would you check itineraries though as the airline won't cooperate and it's easy to doctor the email if you have an old one or one from the person going.
I’m sure you just need the booking number, lead passenger surname, and date of departure. All info on itinerary. Input it on the airlines website and it gives you full list of passengers. You used to be able to do that anyway.

Just had a look on Ryanair. Booking reference and email address booked with. That’s all you need. Takes seconds to check.

I’m sure you just need the booking number, lead passenger surname, and date of departure. All info on itinerary. Input it on the airlines website and it gives you full list of passengers. You used to be able to do that anyway.
You think that GDPR would permit that? I think you can only do that search if you are logged into your account

You think that GDPR would permit that? I think you can only do that search if you are logged into your account
When you submit you itinerary you are giving consent to Rangers to check. No, it’s an alternative way to check if you do not have an account.

When you submit you itinerary you are giving consent to Rangers to check. No, it’s an alternative way to check if you do not have an account.
Show passport and collect in host city is preferable.
Small price to pay to make system fair,especially with 15 MyGers points for each trip.
Stops they fake itinerary brigade.
Know folk who amassed four points from sitting in their living room by putting in fake flight itineraries while the rest of us had two/ three days off,spent a fortune and travelled the miles to support the team.

Don’t want this to go to an argument about MyGers but I think the new point system is better for allocating these tickets than old Travel Club, I say this as someone who had over 10 TC points too (but is also gold MyGers). Why should someone who has went to more away games (and paid more to other teams) get priority over someone who has paid more into Rangers?

Rangers checked 100% of itineraries for most recent games, they can be edited / photoshopped but have to question how many would go to that length.

I think ticket collection over there is much more likely than post given previous communication.

Small price to pay to make system fair,especially with 15 MyGers points for each trip.
Know folk who amassed four points from sitting in their living room by putting in fake flight itineraries while the rest of us had two/ three days off,spent a fortune and travelled the miles to support the team.
I don’t like picking the tickets up over there but it’s probably the least likely to be abused. I’d also make it clear that anybody not picking up tickets will forfeit the chance to apply again for a set period and anybody caught letting somebody else pick up their ticket will be removed from the scheme. Far too many folk are ripping the pish out the system.

I can imagine 4000 fans showing up in Lyon with passports at collection point. How many of them will end up losing it? Rangers can’t ask fans to take passports out with them.

I don’t like picking the tickets up over there but it’s probably the least likely to be abused. I’d also make it clear that anybody not picking up tickets will forfeit the chance to apply again for a set period and anybody caught letting somebody else pick up their ticket will be removed from the scheme. Far too many folk are ripping the pish out the system.
and also takes them out of the celtic away ballot :p

Don’t want this to go to an argument about MyGers but I think the new point system is better for allocating these tickets than old Travel Club, I say this as someone who had over 10 TC points too (but is also gold MyGers). Why should someone who has went to more away games (and paid more to other teams) get priority over someone who has paid more into Rangers?

Rangers checked 100% of itineraries for most recent games, they can be edited / photoshopped but have to question how many would go to that length.

I think ticket collection over there is much more likely than post given previous communication.
Rangers didn’t check anything like 100% of itineraries mate. I know guys that applied for loads of tickets and got them posted out without providing a single itinerary.

They didn’t check very well then,plenty of tickets floating about for Legia away.

No they never. I know people who never submitted an itinerary (they actually had one and did go) and were still allocated tickets.

I’m not getting into the argument of what’s fair and not fair - my bigger issue is that it was very easy to gauge the likelihood of tickets based on TC points previously. Now we have no real clue. The lack of communication from the club does not help.

Just had a response from Brondby, we are only getting 1400 tickets.
We won't be "only" getting I reckon we'd have got more I think that's all we're asking for.

There was a rumour we were considering taking no tickets.

Rangers seem to be determined to make away travel difficult and stop fans travelling in numbers. It really will only take a couple of small allocations to stop fans booking up in advance of knowing they're getting a ticket.

Just had a look on Ryanair. Booking reference and email address booked with. That’s all you need. Takes seconds to check.

No matter what system is used it will be abused.

What is the difference between domestic away games and European games now it’s all under MyGers ? None really, yet away briefs are getting passed around like sweeties.

No matter what system is used it will be abused.

What is the difference between domestic away games and European games now it’s all under MyGers ? None really, yet away briefs are getting passed around like sweeties.
Agree with first point.
15 points for Euro away is the main difference.

Rangers didn’t check anything like 100% of itineraries mate. I know guys that applied for loads of tickets and got them posted out without providing a single itinerary.
They didn’t check very well then,plenty of tickets floating about for Legia away.
No they never. I know people who never submitted an itinerary (they actually had one and did go) and were still allocated tickets.

I’m not getting into the argument of what’s fair and not fair - my bigger issue is that it was very easy to gauge the likelihood of tickets based on TC points previously. Now we have no real clue. The lack of communication from the club does not help.

Here’s a passage from the Feyenoord email:

“Please send a copy of your travel itinerary to travelclub@rangers.co.uk. Once received, your ticket will be available to collect in person by the named recipient only, from Rangers Ticket Centre. Tickets will be available to collect from noon on Wednesday 13 November on presentation of either your Travel Club membership card or one other type of official photographic ID (passport or driving licence) if you have not yet received your 2019/20 Travel Club card.”

Many games (including Legia etc) weren’t dealt with like this but when they did the above it was somewhat effective.

Edit: Checked and talking shite, they said this for every game - shambles if they were sending them out without the itinerary.

Here’s a passage from the Feyenoord email:

“Please send a copy of your travel itinerary to travelclub@rangers.co.uk. Once received, your ticket will be available to collect in person by the named recipient only, from Rangers Ticket Centre. Tickets will be available to collect from noon on Wednesday 13 November on presentation of either your Travel Club membership card or one other type of official photographic ID (passport or driving licence) if you have not yet received your 2019/20 Travel Club card.”

Many games (including Legia etc) weren’t dealt with like this but when they did the above it was somewhat effective.

Edit: Checked and talking shite, they said this for every game - shambles if they were sending them out without the itinerary.
Posting them out after sending in flight itineraries was a shambles in the main.
While collection in host city isn’t perfect it is better.
Sadly folk always look to abuse any system that is put in place,

Posting them out after sending in flight itineraries was a shambles in the main.
While collection in host city isn’t perfect it is better.
Sadly folk always look to abuse any system that is put in place,
Really wonder how many can be arsed editing the itinerary though, I’ve had to do similar in work and was a pain in the arse. I doubt the TO would pick up on even blatant errors right enough.

Really wonder how many can be arsed editing the itinerary though, I’ve had to do similar in work and was a pain in the arse. I doubt the TO would pick up on even blatant errors right enough.
I know folk who did it several times.
They just used a template and altered it each time.

Whats thw rules for getting back into the country? I haven’t followed the thread but thinking of booking day trip with Sports Options.

Whats thw rules for getting back into the country? I haven’t followed the thread but thinking of booking day trip with Sports Options.
Not sure,but I saw in the tweets from Sports Options for the West Ham trip to Zagreb,they kept folk in the loop as to what exactly was required.

Where are you seeing this?
Been sent it mate.

Brondby IF v Glasgow Ranger 4 November.

For this game we will have two options . It is up to travellers to satisfy themselves as to special Covid related requirements for entry to Denmark and return to Scotland. We will endeavour to give our assesssment of what you need to do around 2 weeks prior to departure . It certainly seems easier to enter Denmark if you are fully vaccinated . If you are not vaccinated under current rules it would not be possible to come on this trip.

OPTION ONE Day return flight . 04 Nov Depart Glasgow 08.00 and arrive Copenhagen 10.50 local time. Om arrival transfer to Copenhagen City Centre . Drop off is likely to be close to Central Station. Spend time at Leisure in the City. Brondby stadium is approx 10 miles from the centre . The best way to get to the stadium is take one of the regular trains to Glostrup .. 16 minute journey time and then either walk 25 minutes or bus to the ground . With the early kickoff 1845 we have been strongly advised not to do our buses from the centre due to bad traffic in the mid late afternoon. After the match we will have buses outside the stadium for transfer back to Copenhagen Airport . Anyone who does not go to the game and stays in Copenhagen should make their on ways back to the airport. Train , bus or taxi....approx 8 miles. Return flight from Copemhagen 23.00 Local time arriving back to Glasgow around midnight. £279 including return flight .. airport tax .. coach transfers airport - city centre and stadium - airport.

OPTION TWO 1 x Night Flight ONLY and Coach transfer package .. depart day before game and return after match. Wednesday 03 November day before game Depart Glasgow 10.15 arr Copenhagen 13.00 ... transfers available to centre of Copenhagen .. drop off close to Central Station. Book your own Hotel , hostel , Airbnb etc. In these uncertain times we strongly suggest you book a refundable option via any of the big search engines. At this time we will not block book hotels and hope to get money back if things change. Hence we ask you to book your own accommodation and book it on a refundable basis in case things change. 04 Nov : Coaches available to load your overnight bags at 12.30 - 13.00 hrs at the same spot in the centre where we drop you the day before. You are then free to enjoy the afternoon and make your own way to the stadium as per the day trip. After the match board the same numbered bus with your bag on and transfer to airport. Return flight from Copenhagen 23.15 and lands back into Glasgow around Midnight to half past. £299 per person .

Match Tickets... We do not supply match tickets. You should obtain your ticket through your usual sources. Do not book if you do not think you will get a match ticket and if you will not go if you dont get a ticket. Covid - 19 If because of Covid the game is behind closed doors or suppprters are not allowed to travel we will give a full refund less an £9 admin fee to cover such things as Atol.and credit card charges. Remember .. as things stand it appears to us that our trip is only viable for those who have been double vaccinated. Travel Insurance : we do not supply travel insurance but you must take out insurance to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back