Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at Tivoli hotel I put in vesterbro but not sure if it's there it looks if near main road and water so not sure if it's out the way,do you know the area might be going with partner so not wanting hotel middle of nowhere

Tivoli Hotel is in an ok area. 5 mins from main station, 10 minutes from decent bars and food. Pretty central but mainly surrounded by other hotels.

Last time over for game we ended up in that Hong Kong bar at Newhaven. Been open 24/7 for decades the guy told us, we stuck up plenty of staunch post it’s on the walls and he told us they would still be up next time we back. We shall see..

I've booked the Absalon Hotel near to the train station and my flights were very cheap because i'm flying from Heathrow. Will it be possible to get tickets for the match easily?

For those looking for tickets if there is officially no away allocation, Brøndby's ticketing is outsourced and for non-season ticket holders it looks like tickets can be bought with just a name and mobile number provided for each ticket holder.

Tickets are e-tickets sent to the mobile number. These can be transferred without problem with just an online form submitted with the new name. This is only taken for reasons of Covid tracking. I guess you can just forward the e-ticket by mail or mms. You don't print the tickets, they scan the phone.

I can't see any restrictions on selling to non-danish residents but often the block on that comes when you try to pay with a non-danish card.

For the Sparta Prague game, the open sale starts 9 days before the game and tickets are available from the online shop or ticket office or Brøndby shop right up until match day. At the moment, there is still no sign of restrictions on who they will sell to. That could change nearer to the Rangers game though. They will have learned from Midtjylland that we'll turn up anyway but that was all positive so there may be no issues.

I reckon if you are here a day or two before the game, locals and ex-pats will help you get a ticket.

Prices for the Sparta Prague game on open sale range from about £23 - £33. They should be the same for us.

For those looking for tickets if there is officially no away allocation, Brøndby's ticketing is outsourced and for non-season ticket holders it looks like tickets can be bought with just a name and mobile number provided for each ticket holder.

Tickets are e-tickets sent to the mobile number. These can be transferred without problem with just an online form submitted with the new name. This is only taken for reasons of Covid tracking. I guess you can just forward the e-ticket by mail or mms. You don't print the tickets, they scan the phone.

I can't see any restrictions on selling to non-danish residents but often the block on that comes when you try to pay with a non-danish card.

For the Sparta Prague game, the open sale starts 9 days before the game and tickets are available from the online shop or ticket office or Brøndby shop right up until match day. At the moment, there is still no sign of restrictions on who they will sell to. That could change nearer to the Rangers game though. They will have learned from Midtjylland that we'll turn up anyway but that was all positive so there may be no issues.

I reckon if you are here a day or two before the game, locals and ex-pats will help you get a ticket.

Prices for the Sparta Prague game on open sale range from about £23 - £33. They should be the same for us.
Great info, thanks

Is there a train that goes from Copenhagen central station to Brondby stadium ?
The S Trains lines A and B will get you there, A goes to Brondbystrand and is about a 25 minute straight walk to the ground parallel to the motorway, the B train will take you Brondbyoster which is about a 10 to 15 minute walk.

krXN1tR.jpg

Yellow = Hotels at good prices and OK quality
Red = Train Station
Blue = Food & Bevvy
Black = Bad Drugs, Hoors and Gangsters. Also, Black = colour your knob turns before it drops off if you use hoors or bad drugs

The S Trains lines A and B will get you there, A goes to Brondbystrand and is about a 25 minute straight walk to the ground parallel to the motorway, the B train will take you Brondbyoster which is about a 10 to 15 minute walk.
Thanks for info just had a look and and says there are 102 trains a day to Brondby Strand.

Staying at Steelhouse which looks fairly central. Just checked on google maps 12k from the ground but I’m sure the public transport should be decent there.
Looks promising if their home crowds are as low as they have been. Hopefully should be able to pick a ticket up over there.

Last edited:
Thanks for info just had a look and and says there are 102 trains a day to
Thanks for info just had a look and and says there are 102 trains a day to Brondby Strand.
I've completely forgot about the 500S bus, easiest ways are the S Trains to either Glostrup (Line B) as someone previously mentioned or Brondbystrand (Line A) and then 500S will take you to the stadium from either station, bus heading for Ørestad if at Glostrup, and Kokkedal if taking from Brondbystrand. Brondby Hallen is probably the best stop to get off the bus from either station.

I will do a full guide closer to the time.

If you are taking the missus be aware that the area of Vesterbro directly beside the station is as dodgy as CPH gets, so it is still gentrified, but you'll get hoors, thieves, strip clubs, spas and junkies out and about.

Try and stay 2/3 blocks west and south towards Enghave Plads and the Meatpacking District (Vesterbrogade/west Istedgade/Sonder Boulevard.) is the sweetspot, if you like Finnieston style hipsters and old school bars and cafes.

Osterbro is boutiques and families and Fredriksburg is like Notting Hill. Norrebro is great for locals but not worth the hassle for tourists. You'll get cheap hotels and hostels in Sydhavn and near Fisketorvet (the shopping mall) but there is jack all to do around there.

Tickets should be ok, the ground holds c 25k for EL games and their highest average attendance in a decade in 16k.

They have sold out 1 leage game in 15 years.

I will be buying a stack if possible, i have a few friends and family coming over.

@Göteborg-Rangers is also spot on with his NW side of the city centre idea, behind Nyhavn, up to the mermaid.
So if going with partner what decent area is best for hotel were shops cafe bars are close and is anywhere ok if myself,and is main square near shops and stuff

Noticed that the tickets v Sparta Prague are currently priced at 230 Danish, not to bad.

Also, in the main stand they have two lounges. The Michael Laudrup Lounge and the Ebbie Skovdahl Lounge :D

(He is a bit of a legend there to be fair and I'm sure he's was also related to the Laudrup family).

Where is best place to try pick a lady up without paying ?B-D

You're in Copenhagen mate, probably the best looking women per m2 in Europe! Any bar will do.

Don't worry, myself and the other Danish posters will give FF a full guide closer to the time.

And all the posters who have DMd me, I will get in touch over the weekend :)

And, lastly, don't worry too much about tickets, there should be a good couple of thousand spares when they go on general sale.

How does the hospitality work?

You're in Copenhagen mate, probably the best looking women per m2 in Europe! Any bar will do.

Don't worry, myself and the other Danish posters will give FF a full guide closer to the time.

And all the posters who have DMd me, I will get in touch over the weekend :)

And, lastly, don't worry too much about tickets, there should be a good couple of thousand spares when they go on general sale.

Beg to differ mate :p

Really looking forward to this trip.

Two of my most enjoyable trips abroad following Rangers were the trips to the Lyngby and FC Copenhagen games, no hint of trouble and Danes most welcoming. The trick is to avoid the so called British/Irish themed pubs and drink where the locals drink.

There are a few of us live here but I guess we will be doing a guide closer to the time.

In short, book a place in Vesterbro for bars, cafes and clunge.

Book a place in the city for a cold dark square and (more ) expensive beer / kitch Scottish and Irish pubs.

Whatever you do on away trips.
What's the likelihood on the availability of tickets? Home end or away?

What's the likelihood on the availability of tickets? Home end or away?

There will almost certainly be plenty of tickets available. Buy for the North stand or West Stand if the North stand fills up with Bears.

Do not buy in the South Stand (Sydsiden). It is unlikely the Danish fans would get violent but it would probably make for a very uncomfortable evening in there.

Train to brondby is going to be class.

It's a 3 kilometre walk from the station to the ground. There's usually a bit of fun and games on the way back against European teams who bring a decent following.

As mentioned above stay away from the Sydsiden.. although that end will probably sell out anyway.

The day after the game is one of the biggest piss-ups of the year in Denmark. The first Friday of November Tuborg bring out a Christmas beer which the natives all go out and celebrate.

I have booking history with them but I'll be asking Danish pals to buy tickets... I wouldn't put it past them to cancel tickets from British names.

Sure there’s a Scots bar opposite a square? It’s very expensive place to drink and eat. Watch out for those bikes in the bike lanes. They get up a hell of a head of steam.

It's a 3 kilometre walk from the station to the ground. There's usually a bit of fun and games on the way back against European teams who bring a decent following.

As mentioned above stay away from the Sydsiden.. although that end will probably sell out anyway.

The day after the game is one of the biggest piss-ups of the year in Denmark. The first Friday of November Tuborg bring out a Christmas beer which the natives all go out and celebrate.

I have booking history with them but I'll be asking Danish pals to buy tickets... I wouldn't put it past them to cancel tickets from British names.
I tried that Christmas beer in Copenhagen Airport on the way to Vienna when we played there. It was horrible :))

Sure there’s a Scots bar opposite a square? It’s very expensive place to drink and eat. Watch out for those bikes in the bike lanes. They get up a hell of a head of steam.
There is an old English Bar and an old Irish Bar just down from Central station and then the Scottish Bar is just round the corner at a square with the Hard Rock Cafe on the opposite side of the square.

We were in that area a couple of years ago when we were on holiday and stayed in Malmo

There is an old English Bar and an old Irish Bar just down from Central station and then the Scottish Bar is just round the corner at a square with the Hard Rock Cafe on the opposite side of the square.

We were in that area a couple of years ago when we were on holiday and stayed in Malmo

That Old Irish bar (owned by two Danish brothers) is the biggest pub in Scandinavia. It was open 24 hours a day before covid and might be again by November. On weeknights it's 20 DKK (£2.30) for a pint of Tuborg and on Fri/Sat it's 40.

That Old Irish bar (owned by two Danish brothers) is the biggest pub in Scandinavia. It was open 24 hours a day before covid and might be again by November. On weeknights it's 20 DKK (£2.30) for a pint of Tuborg and on Fri/Sat it's 40.
@OohAhHuistra al pay the 8 quid a pint elsewhere lol. mind in Amsterdam every single pub was packed to the rafters apart from the irish pub. completely empty :D

There will almost certainly be plenty of tickets available. Buy for the North stand or West Stand if the North stand fills up with Bears.

Do not buy in the South Stand (Sydsiden). It is unlikely the Danish fans would get violent but it would probably make for a very uncomfortable evening in there.
Hi mate, are these available to buy right now?

That was the main reason we went in there :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back