Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Aww Skew

Very limited knowledge of football
This. SLO will be there anyway.
Won’t just be the SLO, there’s normally 3 staff members on the official planes to ensure people are on buses/take a register/hand out tickets

So essentially it’s the cost to hire a building which wouldn’t be much surely

Jim Smith

Official Ticketer
Our website is a fucking shambles, after getting the no tickets available message for ages they eventually came up, then tried to add tickets for me and my son (both of us have enough points) only to get the maximum 1 ticket message, usually just clicking update basket sorts it but not this morning, gave up as I had to nip out, now back and its showing no tickets available again.

Why is nothing ever simple with our ticket website?
Same here mate, I’ve emailed the TO but I’m not holding my breath for a reply. So frustrating.

Aww Skew

Doubt it. I’m not paying for them to hire a place.
If they made the business decision you’d have zero choice

Though I agree paying extra to collect is a nonsense. We pay over £1m collectively a year for something that used to generate £80k.

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
If they made the business decision you’d have zero choice

Though I agree paying extra to collect is a nonsense. We pay over £1m collectively a year for something that used to generate £80k.
Agree its nonsense I was meaning if we are really that skint

Manhattan_Loyalist

Handing out 100 tickets not near 1000
A couple of folk who'd be on the Rangers flight anyway, in a little out-building or portacabin rented for the day could easily distribute a thousand tickets between them even allowing for checking their passports and details.

The only annoying part for them would be sitting about all day waiting on everyone collecting because a strict couple of hours window for collection isn't practical or fair on everyone - but who cares? they'd be on the clock, paid for it as it would be their job. It's a good number - I'd do it.

OohAhHuistra

Anyone else having problems purchasing, got the important ticket information email

Having same problem assumed it was folk having them in their basket with not enough points, never straight forward this nonsense with them!
Im the same I'll look the morra can't be arsed fucking about any longer

a_weir

Honestly wished I'd sorted my home end ticket last week. None available now. What a fucking mug I am.

RFC Euro Bus

Kinda wish I was scammed out of my ticket now so I’d have a genuine reason to be raging with the utter clowns that work at the club. So happy the penny is now dropping with people

Empty the commercial, mygers and ticket office departments and get people in who are actually able to do a proper job.

MyGers makes over £1m a year yet we can’t afford for a couple of club staff to go to a host city and distribute tickets? Don’t make me laugh. Who’s giving the tickets to the official day trip members then?

£1m+ per year for memberships, thousands more £ with associated purchases, and people can sit at home and get 15 points for a £24 purchase which equates to 15 programmes at £95+
See, I see why you are unhappy. I agree, ticket collection 99% stops this from happening. But the majority of people who have a ticket for this do prefer tickets to be posted. So I don’t blame the TO on choosing to post. Not asking for an itinerary is a different matter.

a_weir

Not if we had a ticket office capable of verifying that travel was already booked.

I agree with you but legally it isn’t possible to verify. I’ve got my flights with RyanAir and they’ve no legal mandate to confirm to Rangers that I’m booked on.

djurgardenbear

What's the solutions? Not that it should be up to fans to come up with them...

Destination collections and itinerary submissions to stop the cheats. Get that folk who are sound for tickets don't like this inconvenience, but can likely appreciate the need? (Like before)

Points for applying and getting a KB. Prevents a closed shop? (Like before)

More value given to historical TC points than currently?

It feels like we've taken something that works, and made it worse. Only thing I didn't like about old TC is you could go to just Euro away games, domestic football should be linked in some way for me. Feel for expats and foreign bears, but don't see a solution myself for this part.

Aww Skew

See, I see why you are unhappy. I agree, ticket collection 99% stops this from happening. But the majority of people who have a ticket for this do prefer tickets to be posted. So I don’t blame the TO on choosing to post. Not asking for an itinerary is a different matter.
I could generate a fake itinerary in 5min, I can’t collect a ticket without being a genuine traveller

Not comparable

a_weir

Was a discussion on it last week on this thread and poster was adamant no one should buy and just wait as there would be plenty. Not many agreed. Can’t mind their name. Probably won’t see them in the stadium.

To be fair I always knew I wouldn’t get one being a bronze member but I hadn’t anticipated so many going without.

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
I agree with you but legally it isn’t possible to verify. I’ve got my flights with RyanAir and they’ve no legal mandate to confirm to Rangers that I’m booked on.
Usually when you screenshot your booking your name is on it though

My name is on all my flight itinerary

RFC Euro Bus

You're doing great for a guy who was 'taking a step back'.;)

I'm intrigued by all the posts saying folk who've been successful will sell their tickets on, take the MyGers points and not bother with the match because they can do so as its not collection in venue.

I've long stated that folk in Gold are in there because they deserve to be there. Most certainly from follow-following here, there and everywhere. For sure, some might decide they can't make the trip anymore, having applied for tickets, but surely the numbers we are talking here are minimal? Its possible to 'game' the system here, I get that, but is the feeling really that significant numbers will do so - given they are all in Gold due to their commitment to following Rangers?
If you have nearly 1600 points then it’s cause you do go to Euro Aways. It will be a small number.

Hatchet

Official Ticketer

Itinerary sent to Rangers with repercussions if caught cheating the system...

a_weir

Usually when you screenshot your booking your name is on it though

My name is on all my flight itinerary

Easily faked and therefore technically unverifiable. Not that I’m saying I know of people doing that but I could knock that up in 5 mins on photoshop.

Hatchet

Official Ticketer
I could make up a fake itinerary to say I’m flying to Antarctica in 10min if I knew the flight code and flight times

You could also take someone's travel card in the past and collect the ticket but it would still put off 99% of people just looking to get the extra points.

Aww Skew

You could also take someone's travel card in the past and collect the ticket but it would still put off 99% of people just looking to get the extra points.
Yes but I’ve seen people get knocked back for not being the right person

Of course some would’ve been successful but at least some weren’t. Posting to home addresses is a disgrace

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
Yes but I’ve seen people get knocked back for not being the right person

Of course some would’ve been successful but at least some weren’t. Posting to home addresses is a disgrace
Same as the travel card has a picture of you on it

Hatchet

Official Ticketer

They can also go to the Ryanair website and check your reservation number and email address...