Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBilly89

Please delete if this has been discussed or point me in the direction of the thread please.

I'm looking for some help or information re. Copenhagen for the Brondby game. At the moment, all I have booked is flights.

Has anyone been before and know of any potential areas the bears will meet before the game? I've only got 6 hours between landing and KO so I'm wanting to try and book a hotel somewhere close to where the party will be!

Not sure many going I looked up flights as Denmark is in green zone but that's UK doing that you need to check Denmark rules to see if UK national are allowed to freely travel to there

There are a few of us live here but I guess we will be doing a guide closer to the time.

In short, book a place in Vesterbro for bars, cafes and clunge.

Book a place in the city for a cold dark square and (more ) expensive beer / kitch Scottish and Irish pubs.

Whatever you do on away trips.

There are a few of us live here but I guess we will be doing a guide closer to the time.

Book a place in the city for a cold dark square and (more ) expensive beer / kitch Scottish and Irish pubs.

Spot on mate, thank you. That's a hotel reserved in Vesterbro, 5 min walk from Copenhagen Central Station. Free cancellation up until the 4th too so hopefully by then we should know if Denmark are accepting us!!

Spot on mate, thank you. That's a hotel reserved in Vesterbro, 5 min walk from Copenhagen Central Station. Free cancellation up until the 4th too so hopefully by then we should know if Denmark are accepting us!!
Which hotel did you go for?

Spunk Bar will be popular I expect!

Please delete if this has been discussed or point me in the direction of the thread please.

I'm looking for some help or information re. Copenhagen for the Brondby game. At the moment, all I have booked is flights.

Has anyone been before and know of any potential areas the bears will meet before the game? I've only got 6 hours between landing and KO so I'm wanting to try and book a hotel somewhere close to where the party will be!

Big city, but as usual there will be one or two main areas where bears will meet up (depending on what happens with covid restrictions going forward).

The best area in terms of "cheaper" booze is just off the expensive but lovely Nyhavn. Gothersgade is the street, been up there loads of times. Loads of wee old school/dive pubs where it was roughly 100 Danish kronor for 4 beers (roughly 11/12 quid).

Me and a few mates are going so can message you on here nearer the time if you need help. But booking a hotel in the centre of the city means that you will always be pretty close to everything.

Which is ideal, as take train from airport to Copenhagen Central. Also a lot of good eating places in this area, I am sure it is referred to as The Meatpackers, due to the abattoir being there many years previously. Great selection of Indian, Thai, Chinese, Italian restaurants and many more.

I am still swithering ... do you think tickets will be easy enough to get a hold of being a local for yourself ?

This man speaks sense.

Avoid Rådhuspladsen, it's a concrete wasteland.

Head west of the city centre by 5 minutes and experience decent bars, food and (fresh) clunge.

@Euroscooter - If you live in Copenhagen, can you get me and the wife tickets in their end please? B-)

Last edited:
Don't think rangers will take tickets,how does it go with applying is it single application so if taking partner u both need to apply and only one might get a ticket,dodgy booking stuff up front

Absalon hotel, helgolandsgade, vesterbro near train station is that good area for bars

I will do a full guide closer to the time.

If you are taking the missus be aware that the area of Vesterbro directly beside the station is as dodgy as CPH gets, so it is still gentrified, but you'll get hoors, thieves, strip clubs, spas and junkies out and about.

Try and stay 2/3 blocks west and south towards Enghave Plads and the Meatpacking District (Vesterbrogade/west Istedgade/Sonder Boulevard.) is the sweetspot, if you like Finnieston style hipsters and old school bars and cafes.

Osterbro is boutiques and families and Fredriksburg is like Notting Hill. Norrebro is great for locals but not worth the hassle for tourists. You'll get cheap hotels and hostels in Sydhavn and near Fisketorvet (the shopping mall) but there is jack all to do around there.

Tickets should be ok, the ground holds c 25k for EL games and their highest average attendance in a decade in 16k.

They have sold out 1 leage game in 15 years.

I will be buying a stack if possible, i have a few friends and family coming over.

@Göteborg-Rangers is also spot on with his NW side of the city centre idea, behind Nyhavn, up to the mermaid.

If you are taking the missus be aware that the area of Vesterbro directly beside the station is as dodgy as CPH gets, so it is still gentrified, but you'll get hoors, thieves, strip clubs, spas and junkies out and about.

Try and stay 2/3 blocks west and south towards Enghave Plads and the Meatpacking District (Vesterbrogade/west Istedgade/Sonder Boulevard.) is the sweetspot, if you like Finnieston style hipsters and old school bars and cafes.

Osterbro is boutiques and families and Fredriksburg is like Notting Hill. Norrebro is great for locals but not worth the hassle for tourists. You'll get cheap hotels and hostels in Sydhavn and near Fisketorvet (the shopping mall) but there is jack all to do around there.

Tickets should be ok, the ground holds c 25k for EL games and their highest average attendance in a decade in 16k.

I will be buying a stack if possible, i have a few friends and family coming over.

@Göteborg-Rangers is also spot on with his NW side of the city centre idea, behind Nyhavn, up to the mermaid.

Good advice.

Can't wait for this considering I had to miss the Malmö away game.

We've booked Ascot hotel and noticed its only 2 street away from the Scottish Pub? Whats is like around there mate?

Which is ideal, as take train from airport to Copenhagen Central. Also a lot of good eating places in this area, I am sure it is referred to as The Meatpackers, due to the abattoir being there many years previously. Great selection of Indian, Thai, Chinese, Italian restaurants and many more.
We're only due to be in Copenhagen for about 20 hours total so I would hazard a guess that all of our meals will be of the liquid variety! B-D

I don't but I am in the country. I will see what I can do but I travel a lot and not sure when I can sign up, etc.

I will look into it this week hopefully.
Add me in for 3 aswell please :)

In all seriousness I know you will have friends and family to sort out, but I would take any spares you have

cheers

This man speaks sense.

Avoid Rådhuspladsen, it's a concrete wasteland.

Head west of the city centre by 5 minutes and experience decent bars, food and (fresh) clunge.
I'm looking at Tivoli hotel I put in vesterbro but not sure if it's there it looks if near main road and water so not sure if it's out the way,do you know the area might be going with partner so not wanting hotel middle of nowhere

Denmark freedom Day 10th September no restrictions

What area is best going with partner were not far walk from pubs and cafes and not dodgy looking

In Copenhagen a couple of times a month and that's good advice on areas/attractions. Noticed you're an official ticketer...any idea on how you're hoping to get tickets? I'm on top of the Brondby IF site but not sure how many will be left after season ticket holder etc get theirs so trying to cover all angles. Grateful for any info.

In Copenhagen a couple of times a month and that's good advice on areas/attractions. Noticed you're an official ticketer...any idea on how you're hoping to get tickets? I'm on top of the Brondby IF site but not sure how many will be left after season ticket holder etc get theirs so trying to cover all angles. Grateful for any info.
They are never ever even close to a sell out, can’t see tickets being an issue here

2 of us out from Tuesday to Friday staying in the Cabinn City next to train station. Will also be on the lookout for tickets if anyone has info when on sale etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back