Brown Deliberate Hand Ball Yesterday

Edweird

So yesterday is gone and we have the usual defenses made for the ref and Brown.
There was something I saw in that game yesterday so I went back and had a look.
Brown deliberately handled the ball at the 54th minute but play went on for a few seconds, Killie got a free kick and it was all forgotten. With Brown already on a yellow Madden is only too happy with no decision to be made. The hand ball is clear as day and I noticed it at full speed.
So, argue all you want about Brown being a yellow in the first half but there's no arguing that he should have been off the park for this. Madden is hopeless and that's being kind.

Truthfully I didn't think it was deliberate at the time. He should've been off for his tackle though and I have no doubt that had that been certain other players (ie. Morelos) he would've walked.

Its a no from me op, I would be raging if any bears picked up a booking for that but as discussed here on several threads he should've been off before then
Yes he should have been off but wasn't.
Brown looks to his left and knows that Killie player is behind him. As soon as the pass is hit his right arm breaks with its normal pattern and stops the ball. His natural, if there is anything natural about him, arm position as he runs is arms bent at right angles. As soon as the ball is played he straightens his right arm.
Just saying.

Yes he should have been off but wasn't.
Brown looks to his left and knows that Killie player is behind him. As soon as the pass is hit his right arm breaks with its normal pattern and stops the ball. His natural, if there is anything natural about him, arm position as he runs is arms bent at right angles. As soon as the ball is played he straightens his right arm.
Just saying.
This rereffing games is making it worse ,every single wee thing is being micro managed, I wouldn’t be happy if one of our players got booked for that.

It's deliberate as he holds his arm back but there's enough doubt that I'm not surprised he wasn't booked. It should have been a free-kick, albeit one is given as play continued.

This rereffing games is making it worse ,every single wee thing is being micro managed, I wouldn’t be happy if one of our players got booked for that.
I'm absolutely with you on things not being micro-managed but things are.
The Morelos incidents were all micro-managed and anything involving any Rangers player is micro-managed. Rangers fans are micro-managed at every stage of every game by every media outlet.
It's unfortunately only by turning these tactics on others we can show incompetence at best and bias at worst.
The Dec 29th game was poured over in minute detail but was only worth three points. The same points awarded to the Tims yesterday. There were similar talking points but today we're not having refs threatened and mutterings of another strike.

I'm absolutely with you on things not being micro-managed but things are.
The Morelos incidents were all micro-managed and anything involving any Rangers player is micro-managed. Rangers fans are micro-managed at every stage of every game by every media outlet.
It's unfortunately only by turning these tactics on others we can show incompetence at best and bias at worst.
The Dec 29th game was poured over in minute detail but was only worth three points. The same points awarded to the Tims yesterday. There were similar talking points but today we're not having refs threatened and mutterings of another strike.
I’m not disagreeing with you all I’m saying is that micro management does no good in any walk of life never mind football

It's deliberate as he holds his arm back but there's enough doubt that I'm not surprised he wasn't booked. It should have been a free-kick, albeit one is given as play continued.

Agree with this. It’s clearly a deliberate movement of his right arm but hard to be 100% certain and I think it’s right ALL footballers get that benefit of the doubt to ensure the game is not ruined by cards.

Not sure that same benefit of doubt would be afforded to Ryan Jack or Morelos. Although neither would have been on the park after that tackle anyway to the handle the ball.

I think he deliberately went to the fans at the goal knowing it would result in a red. This then removes the heat from his straight leg assault as he was sent off no need for further action. He should receive another red but won't

I can't believe some of these replies. That's as clear a deliberate hand ball as you can get. He instinctively reaches his arm back to block the ball. Don't care who it is or what team they play for, that's a free kick and a yellow card. End of.

He sees the ball going behind him, he puts his hand put, probably a bit like the Dennis Wise one where he caught the ball during open play, just had a moment. It's still deliberate hand ball and a yellow card.

Is the freekick given for the tackle or the handball?
Killie player was pulled down just outside the box two seconds later.
I cut the audio as I usually do but there's a huge shout from the crowd for handball.
Madden is out of screenshot so it's impossible to tell if he played advantage.
With Madden a Celtic player was given the benefit of the doubt twice. Rangers and Killie players didn't get the same treatment. This nonsense has cost us a huge amount of points this season.

Back