Brown may fancy a Scotland recall if they make Euro finals

But Brown, 34, has left the door open to pulling on the national shirt again if Steve Clarke’s side make it through March’s play-offs.
Asked if Clarke was to sound him out, Brown said: “They still have two games to get through but you never say never.
“It would be phenomenal to get to a finals after 22 years. Football’s a funny game and you never know.
“I’m in a good place fitness-wise in terms of my body and I make sure I keep myself ticking over
“But it’s been hard for me to watch the Scotland games because you always want to be playing in them. I need to look after No 1 though.
“My wish is I could still be playing for Celtic and Scotland at the age of 45.
“But there comes a time when you have to make sure your body’s okay and give yourself the best chance of continuing to play for your club.”

fcukin idiot most overrated tim ever

First name on the team sheet for that fat mentally challenged clarke. Hope Scotland fail in spectacular heartbreaking fashion

The media campaign would be relentless. Even without it, I suspect Clarke would bring him into the squad. It would be a disgraceful decision - he's retired twice. He's not that good that he can dictate the team.

Limited footballer who has many medals due to his clubs only rivals being unlawfully demoted.
I canny be arsed with Scotland but it would make many folk wake up and smell the coffee if Jack, a far superior player, was dropped for Brown should they make it.
Would like to see him in a major final getting ripped to shreds just like he has been in Europe for his club.

Deary me. Part of me now actually wants Scotland to qualify just to see what happens.

If they qualified and Mongo got called up I'd expect a mass exodus from every single player with an ounce of self respect and professional pride.

Makes a mockery of the whole situation if he gets called up.

You can’t just keep retiring and then going “oh I fancy that game or tournament”, he done it with the England game before.

If we qualify those who earned it should go. No doubt Tierney will suddenly be fit and raring to go should Scotland qualify.
Fing McGeady will be changing nationality next :)

I go to a lot of and watch a lot of Scotland games and I am struggling to pick out 10 games that he has been outstanding?

He shouldn‘t but will be called up and the media will tickle his balls as they always do. He’s not good enough.

So this baldy %^*& thinks he can waltz into the team like some fucking messiah after the other guys have done all the work to get us there.

Let's not kid ourselves, if he made himself available Clarke would call him up, the tartan tossers would lap it up and we all know who'd drop out the side for him. If it does come to pass, Jack should retire from international football. But it won't, cos Scotland are shite.

Don't really care too much but I think it would be a disgrace to drop players who fought for the team in qualifying to sit on the bench so that mutant can stroll into the team.

Laughable on so many levels -

A - He is not good enough to get in the squad never mind the team given that midfield is our strongest area

B - the arrogance of thinking he could waltz back in and the negativity it would cause

C - we won’t qualify anyway so it’s irrelevant

Can the dumb prick not understand he was at the heart of every Scotland team that hasn’t qualified for anything over all these years!

Its easy to bully players from Hamilton etc with a license to do what you want from every referee.

The minute thIs cretin plays against a half decent team, it’s game over. This overrated halfwit typifies everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Last edited:
That team should be built around Jack over the next 4 years for the world cup qualifiers, its no surprise that when he came in the team has won two on the bounce

Clarke should publicly tell him it’s not on, well before any play off tie.

Knowing Clarke if he did tell Broon to fxck off, he would also say, “and that applies to Allan McGregor as well”.

Hahahaha.

He’s pish now. Would be hilarious seeing him get rinsed and sent off at a major tournament finals. Exactly what the TA deserved. LOL. :))

if alan macgregor said likewise the country would be on meltdown. And the wee alky would immediately call him out for a big no thanks. But press, fans, the wee alky all just love a celtic love in.

Come on Broony, you want the armband? just tell us.

i wouldnt like it if he did but he'd no be the first larsson and ibrahimovic spring to mind with sweden, michael laudrap with danes too
The difference is though is that they 2 were both world class. Scott Brown is nowhere near those levels and isn't even a standout for Scotland when he's played. It's just pure arrogance for him to pick and choose what games he's retired for. He should rightfully be told to GTF if we make the finals and he decides he suddenly wants to play again.

It's like guys I played with years ago at amateur level. A few defeats and they wouldn't turn up for games. When they heard the team had won a few games and were in a cup semi-final they suddenly started to turn up and were all palsy-walsy with the manager. If Clarke has anything about him he should tell him him his services are no longer required.

I had similar happen to me in a RAF inter section cup game. Our first keeper was the Station team keeper, I was number 2. I was playing in all the games as the first keeper was "Too Busy" to play. We got through to the final and suddenly the first keeper was free to play and I was relegated to the bench. I was fuming and so were a lot of the other players.
Anyway, about 10 minutes into the game the keeper got injured so the manager called on me. I told him to ram it as I no longer wanted to play for him if that's the way he was going to repay his players. As there was no other keeper on the team sheet, they has to play an outfield player in goals and lost the game 6-1.
I thought I would have gotten more shit from the other guys on the team but they all backed me up when the manager tried to have a go at me later.

Reactions: jtc
Surely the press will mount a campaign to make sure Brown is not allowed back?
They have previous for insisting that once retired there is no way back

‘Broony’ will be reduced to a broken shell of a man by the time the Euros come round after being put to the sword by our midfield who can and I think will deliver a clean sweep of all available domestic trophies.

He will be like the school bully for whom there was nobody capable of or indeed allowed to challenge him until now (Excepting ‘school trips’ to Europe) suddenly challenged by one of the ‘good guys’ and put permanently in his place.

The only reason he has thrived, domestically and nowhere else including on the international stage, was the lack of any real competition in Scottish football during our banishment, return and subsequent struggle to reinstall ourselves as a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude forged in the spirit and tradition of our ancestors, they have our gratitude! ;-)

I was toying with the idea of going back to see them. Proud to be Scottish and British and missing seeing my national team live to be honest. But if Brown is permitted to return, that’s me out forever.

Makes a mockery of the whole situation if he gets called up.

You can’t just keep retiring and then going “oh I fancy that game or tournament”, he done it with the England game before.

If we qualify those who earned it should go. No doubt Tierney will suddenly be fit and raring to go should Scotland qualify.
The bottom line here is that he could be the best player in the world but he has no right to disrespect other players by suddenly making himself available.
More than that, the manager, and officialdom in general, have no right entertaining such a notion.

I recall past days when players who had retired started hinting they would consider coming back once qualification was unexpectedly won, and the press giving them pelters for it.
I don't expect Brown has anything to fear on that count. He'd be universally welcomed by the mhedia without a murmur of discontent.

F*ck him, if they make it then it's on those who played their part. All that idiot has ever done for Scotland is prolong the continued downfall and failure to qualify for anything. This isn't Ibra, Laudrup or Larsson who actually contributed to their countries successes, and had talent, so why bring someone in that's contributed nothing internationally in his whole career?

Tin hat on here.. Clarke would make him his number one. He is too good a keeper.

as for Brown, let him. His body can hardly cope with club games as it is
I agree but, that’s not the point.
The trannies would not be happy.
Actually, just to prove a point, or to put a spanner in the works, McGregor should make himself available again.
OR,
Make it known that he could not embarrass himself and be so disrespectful to the players who got us there in the first place.

Back