Browns Assault on Barisic - Video now posted

He's hit Barisic with the same force he received from Alfie, Flanagan, Kent etc when he collapsed to the floor aiming for red card.

It also got me thinking about the portrayal of our players vs them, if only we had a platform to highlight it. Look at the incidents they're highlighting regarding Alfie on Saturday. His booking is a farce when you see it back in real time. He bumps his hip into Duffy which is a free kick at worst (given the way the game was going the ref was going to just let it go), Duffy pushes him to the ground and they both get booked? I think it was Alfie's third foul, maybe, so hardly persistent fouling.

Contrast the way he is treated to anyone else and it just makes me sad. Brown has a catologue of off the ball incidents vs us alone, over and above the diving mentioned above. Raking his studs down Alfie's achilles, elbowing both Holt and Miller in the face, the Barisic ones above. Cosgrove committed about six bookable offences vs us in the first twenty minutes of a game last Winter and never even got a yellow. The tackle on Davis alone should have been a red card and, at SD's age was a potential career ender. We ARE treated differently to every other team by our haters who hold positions in every press outlet. It's not paranoia but fact.

Correct. Part of the problem is many of our own believe the lie that its all Alfie's fault. Ive argued with some that Alfie had no disciplinary problems before he came to Rangers and none with Colombia, so what's so different when he plays with us? I think most of us know the answer.

Correct. Part of the problem is many of our own believe the lie that its all Alfie's fault. Ive argued with some that Alfie had no disciplinary problems before he came to Rangers and none with Colombia, so what's so different when he plays with us? I think most of us know the answer.
Said from the start to anyone who will listen. You play a game and the oppo takes turns at kicking lumps out of you. The ref is doing hee haw. How many times until you react?

Sky will have closer views of this from various angles, why are they keeping it to themselves? We know if the roles were reversed it would have been highlighted immediately and discussed after the match and on BBC Sportscene.
That's usually how it works.

Borna too honest, or strong enough to withstand an elbow.

If he went down on purpose or through the force of the elbow Sky would have had to replay it while time was stopped.

I didn’t even notice this. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately this doesn’t fit the narrative that the main stream media wants to show. As mentioned by others, they have been getting away with it for years.

Welsh body checked Hellander right in front of Beaton at Goldson's first goal.

Would he have had the balls to award a penalty?

What a prick brown is. Hat of to Barisic for getting on with things. That's the difference between a plastic hardman and a real hardman.

'Assault'...no fan of the lego muncher but come on. If players weren't laying in wee elbows or slaps to the head it'd be no fun. Our players give as good as they get. Fairly sure if you ask Borna about it, he'd hardly remember.

If you watch this clip right to the end and focus on Brown you can see that he just drops his head. He is a beaten man
That's what matters most to me. It's the fact, he's becoming an irrelevance and knows his career is a) coming to an end and b) will forever come with an asterisk alongside it of trophies won in the most desperately poor period of top flight football in Scotland.

Rangers played Brown superbly on Saturday. Followed him around to ensure he hardly seen any of the ball, and when he did, were in his face.

Off the ball they were at him as well. The bully was bullied in my opinion.

'Assault'...no fan of the lego muncher but come on. If players weren't laying in wee elbows or slaps to the head it'd be no fun. Our players give as good as they get. Fairly sure if you ask Borna about it, he'd hardly remember.

I'm in complete agreement with you...... however

What we absolutely can not have any longer is the status quo. What HAS TO change now, is this one rule for everyone else and another for that baldy f***wit scenario which exists at present.

No other player in Scottish football history has ever enjoyed the free reign brown has for so long and it needs stoping. That is just fact and that is what chokes people on here.

ElegantCheeryHuemul-size_restricted.gif

Hopefully this works.
Good work Forfar Bear

I noticed this during the game. I mentioned it yesterday in the Morelos thread. How Morelos is getting called out because Sky/BBC highlighted his clip. Instead of talking about our own players we should be talking about their players misdemeanours. This thread won’t be nearly as long as his though.

Sums the chocolate mentally challenged hard man up.

Absolutely shat it from Alfie when he got slapped so he went over to someone who he thinks isn’t as hard to get revenge.

Certainly would be highlighted if it was Morelos.

Side question, do we need to call everything an assault? Maybe It's me that's got the wrong understanding of what an assault is!

I agree on the overuse of the word assault but in the context of that lot claiming Alfie flicking Brown’s ear was assault then what happens afterwards is more like GBH.

There was a challenge by Duffy on Morelos at the edge of the box early in the 2nd half when he cleared a high ball but he looked to all the world like he tried to go through the man at the same time.

Morelos slaps him gently on the back of the head, it's ALL OVER the media, phone-ins, Keevins calling him a snake/sneak.

Brown elbows, then punches one of our players and not a word is said by anyone in the media.

BTW I'm fairly sure Borna WOULD remember. I hope he goes right through the ugly wee tadger in the next game.

Morelos gives Brown a wee clip round the ear....outrage....condemnation....calls for retrospective action

What about last season when Brown raked his studs clearly and purposely down Alfies achilles (causing Alfie to react and get sent off)....outrage?....condemnation?...........no, it was completely marginalised and dismissed.

Will look again at the game re Borna

Och that's just Broony....whits he like...that's fitba....

Back